Black Authors : Spoken Word Anthology

Angela Jones

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 18, 2004
Hi everyone, my name is Angela. I am a non-fiction writer and poet from New York. I have recently written a book about the experiences of poets of color, past, present, and future. The book looks at the prominence of race and culture in poetry, as well as racism within the poetry community. The book looks at the role of white hegemony and how that has resulted in the displacement, and under representation of poets of color. The book also aims to distinguish Spoken Word from traditional poetry, and to demonstrate how Spoken Word functions as a social movement. The first part of the book includes all my findings from my study on Spoken Word poets. The second part of the book is an anthology of Spoken Word by poets of color. The name of the book is Voices of Color: The Untold Story of Spoken Word. If anyone is interested in submitting their work for publication in the book, please contact me at anngee140aol.com and I will email you back an information packet containing all the information you will need about requirements and deadlines.
Peace, love, and solidarity,
Angela Jones

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back