Black Authors : Spoken Word Anthology

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by Angela Jones, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Angela Jones

Angela Jones New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, my name is Angela. I am a non-fiction writer and poet from New York. I have recently written a book about the experiences of poets of color, past, present, and future. The book looks at the prominence of race and culture in poetry, as well as racism within the poetry community. The book looks at the role of white hegemony and how that has resulted in the displacement, and under representation of poets of color. The book also aims to distinguish Spoken Word from traditional poetry, and to demonstrate how Spoken Word functions as a social movement. The first part of the book includes all my findings from my study on Spoken Word poets. The second part of the book is an anthology of Spoken Word by poets of color. The name of the book is Voices of Color: The Untold Story of Spoken Word. If anyone is interested in submitting their work for publication in the book, please contact me at anngee140aol.com and I will email you back an information packet containing all the information you will need about requirements and deadlines.
    Peace, love, and solidarity,
    Angela Jones

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    thank u for the visit and we welcome you within
    surely many poet here will check you out
    thanks

3. blakverb

blakverb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    sister I'll email you.

4. posbey

posbey New Member MEMBER

Coordinator of youth empowerment programs.
    Ratings:
    +0
    your anthology

would like to know more about your anthology and what type of materials you are looking for (for submissions).

thanks,
    Pam Osbey
    Author, Musings of a Mocha Sistah