Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritually- When did the colour Black become so negative and why?

Many thanks for all the responses. Yes, there's much that you've said that makes sense. All of you (but one) mentioned one root cause, from what I have seen, for the 'black is bad' concept - RELIGION!

I don't know about wakingupnow however, there is a major part of the question that is still unanswered. I have my own sense of the answer as I did with the parts you each spoke to. That was my take yet, even our Afreeka Brothers and Sisters who are well versed in our Traditional Spiritual practices, i.e Yoruba, Akan continue to assert ""Black is Bad" and we can not wear the color to Spiritual ceremonies and all.

Just during my recent trip to Ghana, I had to change clothes to attend the ceremonies cause Black is my color more often than not. As a result, I packed what I had.
As I see, truetothecause, all roads lead to rome, literally. So the unanswered question must be RELIGION - namely judeo christianity, but also islam i have to say. Islam also corrupted the spiritual meaning of the colour black to symbolise vengeance according to what i've read in a book on symbols and their meanings. I don't mean to offend but it's true.

We have to be the most evangelised, christianised, religiousised? people on the planet!:whip:, we've been truly whooped, as you americans say, and we love it. Look at church membership. We have left our own spirituality to follow one that demonises our 'god' given colour. The question really is how can we change this mindset?

What Original Values belonged to our...Ancient Ancestors ?

MA`AT Hotep

In the name of all things great and powerful...and in the name of our divine ancient ancestors...we only seek the 'Truth'...O Ancestors Rise Up and Live in Us !!......AMEN.

There is a time known to us that is before...this time of confusion / ignorance / insanity that causes one to raise the sincere questions that are a clear sign that some are now starting to "Think"...for our selves and have become a seeker in...MA`AT...for those...we "internalize" the truth when it is revealed to us and not...let it go because it has now become a part of our Spiritual Growth.

Before the advent of the so-called white race the ancestors were not spoiled as we and (some) our brothers and sisters in so-called Africa have become...(Africa is not our name...the Ancestors did not call them selves Africa and this is un-excepted...among other things...by the Kemetic High Priest). This is the time that we must look to and understand that all of us have been spoiled by any / all contact with this "Dis-Ease" called the "White Race".

Thousands of years ago...the ancestors observed all of the holy days in the nude! With ashes covering their bodies and no thought what so ever of Black being evil and White being Good!! So when did this foolishness start!??

This is the question to know the answer to...we must go back to a time when we were all healthy and not sick as we all have become by our collective contact of a "Idiot-Mind" that has ruined / spoiled...every thing they have ever come in contact with concerning the "Natural World" with their "False-Ideas" and "Distorted / Ignorant / Evil and Wicket - thinking" of so-called..."White-Supremacy".

When we call on our ancestors...it must be those of the most ancient times to eliminate the corruption of injected foolishness...hence the meaning of the word used,...Spoiled. Spoiled means..."Corruption"...before the time of Corruption...We will find the answers most certain and clear.

So-called Africans in Amerikkkan history will take us no ware in the future...except to know it and don't repeat it in the future. Slavery is just that...nothing that we will ever want to repeat in any future time for our collective children...but we respect all of the ancestors...we are speaking of a time before 'Corruption'...a time that was 'Holy and Divine'.

And today's so-called Africans who have allowed them selves to be as spoiled and corrupted as we...are no example for any "Liberated-Future"...from the ideas that have caused us all...to become mentally "Crazy" to our collective core by including "Racist" foolishness into our ancestors "Legacy" to our selves...their children.

They did not teach us to do these things...some one along the line of time injected these ugly concoctions to please the savage "Invaders" for one reason or the other...and are still with us today! We must know that our ancient ancestors were not corrupt and foolish enough to pass such evil practices on to their own children / future.

The most ancient ancestors tell us today and always..."Corruption Always Goes Down Hill" !! Now the question for the "Wise" seeker has to be...ware do one find the clear path to "MA`AT" ? If you are a true seeker...you must know that "When you take one step towards the Ancestors...the Ancestors "Run"...towards you......AMEN

Ase`

Many thanks for all the responses. Yes, there's much that you've said that makes sense. All of you (but one) mentioned one root cause, from what I have seen, for the 'black is bad' concept - RELIGION!

As I see, truetothecause, all roads lead to rome, literally. So the unanswered question must be RELIGION - namely judeo christianity, but also islam i have to say. Islam also corrupted the spiritual meaning of the colour black to symbolise vengeance according to what i've read in a book on symbols and their meanings. I don't mean to offend but it's true.

We have to be the most evangelised, christianised, religiousised? people on the planet!:whip:, we've been truly whooped, as you americans say, and we love it. Look at church membership. We have left our own spirituality to follow one that demonises our 'god' given colour. The question really is how can we change this mindset?

Greetings again wakingupnow!

No offense taken as I have come to KNOW the same things shared by all posters here thus far. "demonizing" our "god" given color....now isn't that some ish!
I am still amazed at times, as I was in Ghana, that "Black" is associated with all things "bad" and to be avoided smh:10500:
Yet, WE ARE as Brother Moorfius states and your name suggest....WAKING UP NOW. One reggae artist says....."RASTA RISE AGAIN AND NOW THE BABYLON DEM IN A BIG PROBLEM AMEN FOR THEM" (Macka B). I agree with the SPIRIT driving that ENERGY.:whip:

The folks in Ghana refer to anyone with locks as "Rasta". I did let her know however, that "Rastas" DO NOT revere a white jesus....as many Ghanaian's seem to do. In the words of another reggae artist..."BLACK IS MY COLOR IS MY COLOR IS MY COLOR, BLACK IS MY COLOR" (?)
Stay Up!
M.E.
:hearts2:

(I know the topic is old; just giving my views on it.)

What can be stated is that "black" and "white" were not used to describe anybody's race until much later on in history, so there was no such thing as "black" people and "white" people; thus when black was being used for negative, and white for positive, no race of people's were offended thinking they were being singled out, and this was especially since all people further back then were indeed all similar colors of a darker hue.

And even when they described one as black or white, it was for the darkness the skin became when the sun beat down on one of a darker hue, or because of leprosy which lightened the skin, and again, was not used for any one race of peoples.

Since then, we have now collectively come to calling ourselves black, and those most opposite our color, white; this is not as descriptions for how dark or light, but as a race as a whole regardless of the light and dark shades on both sides. And so, the negativity that black already had becomes more of a personal insult out of people's mouth for us, and the purity white already had becomes ego building out of someone's mouth for them.

With this, I've learned not to attach myself to the color "black" as if that's my name and entire being just because further back when some wanted to call any and everyone of a darker shade, "black" though this wasn't at first the case. This, in turn, helps me to not take anything with black being used as a negative as personal, though I know many try to make it that way because of how they view me and not according to how I view myself.

I've none problem with using the word black or viewing the word black as a negative(spiritually or otherwise) because it, as a word, it does represent more than a person being called it(I don't really think of people like myself when I think of the word, itself). Neither have I any trouble with viewing the word white as pure(spiritually or otherwise), because it certainly goes beyond the skin color of someone who may or may not be pure.

I guess usually, I only use the words for people as convenience so others know more specifically what I mean without saying African or European since many on both sides don't originate from there; and neither do I use Negroid or Caucasoid because I just don't believe in using such a disassociated and divisive sounding title.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back