Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritually- When did the colour Black become so negative and why?

wakingupnow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 1, 2009
Blessings All,
I am a newbie here so hope I don't start a war with this question! I'm not trying to incite racial hatred but feel this is an important issue and want to know what others feel about it.

As a spiritual person I like to analyse my dreams and sometimes use the online dream dictionary for interpetation. But I notice that on some of these spiritual sites the colour Black symbolises: depression, evil, hopelessness, demonic, etc. In contrast White represents: purity, enlightenment, hope, spirituality, angels etc. These negative 'Black' associations are in all kinds of western literature and art.

Black also symbolises darkness or night. At night we sleep, dream, regenerate our bodies, and heal. Without darkness - sleep we would die. Dark represents the unknown and mysterious. Not necessarily evil. So when did 'Black' become so negative?

Am I just being super sensitive here, or does anyone else agree that these kinds of definitions are just part of the mind manipulation of society?

Depression is described as the 'black dog', and words like blackmail, black market and on, imply trickery and fraud. Words are powerful, and shape our psyche. It doesn't take a big leap of the imagination to link this kind of symbolism with racism, white supremacy issues, but also with self hatred in the 'Black' community.

The 'Black' image is being destroyed everyday with negative subliminal messages about ourselves through the media, fashion industry etc. So I'm disappointed to see that the spiritual community is also contributing to the manipulation.

What impact is this having on young African, African American, Caribbeans, when they discover for the first time that they are 'black' and black is bad? No wonder so many of us are unconsciously trying to be white!

I wrote to one of the spiritual sites to point out that they should be setting the agenda for positive change. Not buying into mind control and manipulation.

I would love to hear from other more experienced or informed spiritual people about the colour Black.

Blessings All,
I am a newbie here so hope I don't start a war with this question! I'm not trying to incite racial hatred but feel this is an important issue and want to know what others feel about it.

As a spiritual person I like to analyse my dreams and sometimes use the online dream dictionary for interpetation. But I notice that on some of these spiritual sites the colour Black symbolises: depression, evil, hopelessness, demonic, etc. In contrast White represents: purity, enlightenment, hope, spirituality, angels etc. And it's not just

Black also symbolises darkness or night. At night we sleep, dream, regenerate our bodies, and heal. Without darkness - sleep we would die. Dark represents the unknown and mysterious. Not necessarily evil. So when did 'Black' become so negative?

Am I just being super sensitive here, or does anyone else agree that these kinds of definitions are just part of the mind manipulation of society?

Depression is described as the 'black dog', and words like blackmail, black market and on, imply trickery and fraud. Words are powerful, and shape our psyche. It doesn't take a big leap of the imagination to link this kind of symbolism with racism, white supremacy issues, but also with self hatred in the 'Black' community.

The 'Black' image is being destroyed everyday with negative subliminal messages about ourselves through the media, fashion industry etc. So I'm disappointed to see that the spiritual community is also contributing to the manipulation.

What impact is this having on young African, African American, Caribbeans, when they discover for the first time that they are 'black' and black is bad? No wonder so many of us are unconsciously trying to be white!

I wrote to one of the spiritual sites to point out that they should be setting the agenda for positive change. Not buying into mind control and manipulation.

I would love to hear from other more experienced or informed spiritual people about the colour Black.

Greetings wakingupnow and Thanks for Sharing!

BLACKTASTIC question.

I'll be reading responses along with you as I have similar questions.

When Europeans formed the religion and illusion of white supremacy, in doing so they also created a dichotomous relationship between white and black. So if white is the opposite of black based on their definition, and white people are pure, upright, of God and beautiful- then based on their definition black must be the exact opposite. But Lions are not the opposite of Tigers. This type of irrational thinking has plagued our people as well because we have been taught to think like them.

There are many Whites that subconsciously believe that black people are charred, burnt by the flames of hell, of the devil, not of God. But these ideas come from their belief that God is white and all humans were at first white and sinned against God and were made to be darker as a mark to represent their sins.

It's from these ideas that most definitions of black are created. It couldn't be based on science or nature. in nature the darkness soil is also the richest. In science the darker cells have a stronger ability to regenerate. So these attacks against "blackness" are formed only in literature and the hostile ignorance of common sense. The difference between doves and pigeons? Doves are white. Now what they are afraid to tell the world is that doves are pigeons, because for so long doves have been used to symbolize white purity and divinity. Ask any white person to tell the difference between an albino pigeon and a dove they couldn't do it. Doves were bred from pigeons and some will say the same about White people- bred from the original people.

There are not one White person on planet earth that is not addicted to a dark substance. And I would challenge anyone to find one. Coffee, tobacco, chocolate/coca beans, wine, and Black people.The list goes on. Dark substances seem to be the only things capable of slowing down their pathogenic mindsets.

Mind control is only possible for those that have no serious desire to analyze reality. They have colored people bleaching the health right out of their teeth, bones are not white. Bones are yellowish to light brown. They have people restricting the blood vessels in their eyes to make the whites of the eyes appear whiter. The sclera is suppose to show us the health of the body. White is translucence, also used to absorb light. Now a basic study of the black sclera's of animals like horses explains further the role the color plays in nature.

Now if Black people started wearing these color contacts- it would really scare the establishment to death. Then we'd really be- of the devil.

BlackSclera.jpg

Specifically it came from the Jewish Priesthood and the writings of the 'Babylonian Talmud" which was written in the 6th century. After that it was advanced through white so called scholars with their warped concept of white supremacy. Once their version of the "printing press" was created in the 1400's they were able to promote their warped concepts regarding "black" on a wide scale through colonization of information and history...and "whoever writes history controls history". Furthermore, since the first public school system was created in Wittenburg Germany by the church, they were able to teach this from grade school on up and the timeline and history attached to it was none other than the Bible...which by the way was the very first book ever printed by them once they created the printing press.

Prior to this point, the African influence was so great that up until 2,000 years ago a dead body was still called an "Osiris". Paris is named after Isis. If you look in an excellent work by J.A. Rogers entitled: Africa's Gift To America" you will see that prior to the 1400's that the Atlantic Ocean was still written on world maps as being "The Ethiopian Ocean". I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

I don't know about wakingupnow however, there is a major part of the question that is still unanswered. I have my own sense of the answer as I did with the parts you each spoke to. That was my take yet, even our Afreeka Brothers and Sisters who are well versed in our Traditional Spiritual practices, i.e Yoruba, Akan continue to assert ""Black is Bad" and we can not wear the color to Spiritual ceremonies and all.

Just during my recent trip to Ghana, I had to change clothes to attend the ceremonies cause Black is my color more often than not. As a result, I packed what I had.

So if this is common knowledge, the notion that black is "bad" and WE know this to be a result of white supreme lunatic thinking and behaving...then why do our people continue to uphold this notion:?:
I think it is because they are just sick, traumatized and have not explored SELF to the degree they can see this ish...can't wear black to "Spiritual" ceremonies working to connect with the BLACKNESS...reaching into the universe, tapping into the power of WE..out there within the abyss.

What do you you two, Brothers Keita and MetaSaience, think about our Spiritual practioneers, those we will go to for assistance, guidance and/or healing/cleansing and they uphold the notion of "black is bad":?:

M.E.
:hearts2:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back