Black Spirituality Religion : Spirituality

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by candeesweet, Jun 1, 2012.

1. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Hello Folks

Alright being religions ushually have a book they follow and learn from. When people and preacher (9 times outta 10) quote a passage. They teach from it from their perspective and experience. Which they have other teachings from other sources included. It's called research.
    This what I don't understand if everyone has their own relationship spiritually why would one person think their perception would be relavent to someone elses. No two folks can describe their connection because it should be sacred! The way you live is the explaination; therefore, the energy lays securely.
    What yall think about that statement?

2. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    It's, as they say, throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I tend to quote what we had written in the temples. Here's one relevant quotation:

Knowledge is not necessarily wisdom.​

This to me makes it clear that there's no harm done with the endeavor of relating.

This is why, for instance, we can quote European people. A European person can observe something correctly and interpret it wrongly. But to dismiss her observations would be a dismissal of wisdom and knowledge.

The truth is good no matter the speaker.

I hope that, that answers your question. :)

White man may say that it's hot outside and it might truly be hot to him; but, if he's telling the truth about it being 130 degrees F outside don't grab your Winter Coat.

3. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    If one needs to involve "perception and interpretation" then they're not dealing spiritually. They are dealing with "their perception".

Because just because people see "their" existence as "different" is just an illusion. We all breathe the same air, we all live a life and the life we live will end in death. I don't mean to sound simplistic but it is. The problem is we as humans have overcomplicated reality with a pseudo reality.

Religion thrives off of words and innuendo and cannot survive without humans or some other being projecting it. Spiritual will thrive with or without humans.

What we claim are differences between people are really just cosmetics. For some reason we don't view it as an illusion. What difference does it make what color your garment is?

We are all living the same life. We all have different level of understanding. That is more the issue IMO.

For example rice can be prepared a million different ways, with a million different colors, but it's still rice.

Just like life.

4. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    I hear you on the simplicity side. I agree when everything always connects cause we all in this together. Sometimes we can't find our own way for the sake of understanding someone elses perception of life.

5. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    GREAT POINT!!!!

6. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Peace Candeesweet,

The text and the discussion are about informing people of the importance of those Sacred Spiritual connections.. and also encouraging people to actively pursue those spiritual connections.

When a Pastor reads a lesson, then extrapolates the principle from that lesson and applies it to his own life, he/she is simple providing an example to the people of how to apply the teachings to their own lives. He/she is bringing the principle outlined in that teaching to life by demonstrating it's practical application. The first-person orientation of human experience is the reason why first-person testimonials/stories are so effective at leading other people to understanding.

If we consider the context of language itself.. then it becomes even clearer.. meaning if we think about what language is actually for.. and what it actually does.. and what it cannot do, then things become clearer.

Consider this: "No matter how well you write/speak, you can never articulate the smell of a rose."

If you extend that idea to all of the senses.. to sound.. taste.. sight.. touch.. feeling.. the First Person Orientation of our connection to everything outside of us becomes clear.. and the limitations of language also become clear.

So I partly agree that, "No two folks can describe their connection.." but I would say, "no single person can directly convey their experience" (except for maybe Spock and his vulcan mind meld ;) ).. but not because its "sacred".. but because it is beyond the limitations of language itself. And most of the human experience lay outside of the capability of language. All of that jumping and shouting and singing and moaning that Reverend Prince did at the church where I grew up was about attempting to convey the quality or the significance of his spiritual experience to us.. he was attempting to show us "what god could do for us".. meaning.. how a relationship with God could make us feel.. see.. sound.. be.. etc.. he had to use his whole body.. his whole voice.. and all of his energy to try and get his experience across to us. That's what all of the music and the rituals we're about..

Same thing at the Franklin Covey seminar I went to years ago.. we began with a principle, brought that principle to life with a story.. then learned how to apply it to our lives.. Or.. we began with a story.. extrapolated the principle from the story.. then learned how to apply it to our lives.

I could tell you, "bought sense is better than told".. and you might hear me.. but through a story.. I could actually demonstrate that bought sense.. (earned knowledge..) is indeed better than told.. (given knowledge.) or more technically stated: Knowledge acquired through your own organic internal thought process is more valuable than knowledge acquired from a source outside of the self.
    "Figure it out" my mother would say.. "Use your brain" Mrs. Barbara would say...
    "Apply yourself" Ms. Cumby would say. They knew the answers that I sought.. but they believed that it was best for me to figure them out for myself.. they believed the same thing my Grandma told my mother.. and my mother beat us over the head with.. that "bought sense was better than told"..

You said, "The way you live is the explaination; therefore, the energy lays securely."

true.. but is it enough just to live right? Isn't natural to want to share what you have learned with others?. Isn't that what you did with this thread? Isn't that what I'm doing right now in this reply?
    And no we are not talking about spiritual matters but the same principles apply.. the same limitations.. the same goals.. the same elements are at play.

- my 2 cents.. peace again.

7. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    "The way you live is the explaination; therefore, the energy lays securely."
    The point is that if your secure with the energy your giving off well:
    it seems to been satisfying in your realm of living right.

Your words will come across my founding when your all the time aura backs up the vibe that you give off in all types of instances.

With this thread I was providing my perspective on folks thinking that others should have to prove themselves within a small bowl allotted for them. And understand other view points & when we try to box up spirtual relationships we are working against the tide literally. How is that helping our further takings with our sacred growings. Now yes we learn from others that is evolving and each one teaches their free strategic energy forces they happen to evolve with on a daily basis.

Thhanks for responding to my post in a very detailed open manner.

I just get a liitle POed when if the truth ain't be wriiten but I know mine has been stollen and then they want to kill me all I have to figure this out! again again and again! That means a figurine can be analized understood and overcome. Reasons for ereythang.

8. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    There good examples...

There are good teachers...

There are good books...

Just a matter of who chooses which...

FYI...

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    There is truth in (certain) perceptions; people may share their experiences when teaching from the Holy Scriptures, but to make their experience the absolute truth isn't what the Holy Doctrine is about. It's about truth, period. To perceive it correctly means you may teach it rightly, also, but if you perceive how you want, means you will do the same in teaching, and that is not right.

We all have our own relationship, yes, but we all share everything in one another. It's relevant to each other because we are of one mind and one heart. So what's important to one will be to the other. We are in the Body of the Holy Son, so there is not much difference in who we are. Being sacred doesn't mean it cannot be shared between holy brothers and sisters. It means it should only be shared between the holy.