African Traditional Religion : Spiritual to Material: African Art and Ritual of Divination

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Museums of the west have been hoarding all kinds of African artifacts of past and present expressions. Many of these artwork represent spiritual intepretations that manifest themselves in material information of their respective culture. Not only that, enough deal with such things as balance or justice in their communities. There is a whole collection of essays and exhibits mostly of Southern Africa.

http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/oracle/figures09.html

This links to Congo regional works.

BTW what happen to the Candomble thread I wanted to add some more detail to it. If you catched the audio file included in the story, the African Brazilian priest states translated that its the *ONLY* religion that was founded and resided by women in the world today. So I would think it deserves a place within this forum otherwise again it just go to the wayside like many African views never to reach the ears of the hearer and searcher on the matter.

Oh well.

Much of African derived spiritual tendency follow the basis of something like this...

Either the spirits come to you (attraction) and manifest themselves as ....(in your body as a dwelling) or you have to call the spirits (searcher with an approved method or link) and use them with some degree of control (master).

Interesting to say the least.

This isn't text in the form of hierglyphics but this is visual display expressing the same.

Museums of the west have been hoarding all kinds of African artifacts of past and present expressions. Many of these artwork represent spiritual intepretations that manifest themselves in material information of their respective culture. Not only that, enough deal with such things as balance or justice in their communities. There is a whole collection of essays and exhibits mostly of Southern Africa.

http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/oracle/figures09.html

This links to Congo regional works.

BTW what happen to the Candomble thread I wanted to add some more detail to it. If you catched the audio file included in the story, the African Brazilian priest states translated that its the *ONLY* religion that was founded and resided by women in the world today. So I would think it deserves a place within this forum otherwise again it just go to the wayside like many African views never to reach the ears of the hearer and searcher on the matter.

Oh well.

Much of African derived spiritual tendency follow the basis of something like this...

Either the spirits come to you (attraction) and manifest themselves as
....(in your body as a dwelling) or you have to call the spirits (searcher with an approved method or link) and use them with some degree of control (master).

Interesting to say the least.

This isn't text in the form of hierglyphics but this is visual display expressing the same.

Interesting indeed.

. So I would think it deserves a place within this forum otherwise again it just go to the wayside like many African views never to reach the ears of the hearer and searcher on the matter.

African Spirituality is hard, at least for me, to gain access to.

Either the spirits come to you (attraction) and manifest themselves as ....(in your body as a dwelling) or you have to call the spirits (searcher with an approved method or link) and use them with some degree of control (master).

Like when Black folks catch the Holy Spirit in church? I have never witnessed a white person "Slain in the Spirit" the way we do it.

African Spirituality is hard, at least for me, to gain access to.

Like when Black folks catch the Holy Spirit in church? I have never witnessed a white person "Slain in the Spirit" the way we do it.
...scientists call it a "condition"...in modern times, being in a state of possession is not necessarily the object. The object is worship. In private when priests worship with Priests, real possession occurrs more often. It is also acted out, but you have to learn the dance and the songs associated to do that too. Pentecostalists, The Shakers and many European practitioners of Wicca and others practice some form of Spirit possession.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back