Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Research - Is it Safe?

Destee, if I may say, you are both humble and wise!:bowdown:
now to add my two cents which really ain't my two cents:read:

Psalms 119:97
MEM. O how love I thy law! it [is] my meditation all the day
Psalms 119:98
Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they [are] ever with me.

Psalms 119:99
I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies [are] my meditation.

Psalms 119:100
I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

I like this because it explains the what and why of David's wisdom
and understanding.

Another way it is put in the Bible is that the fear of God is the begining of wisdom and obedience is understanding.
That's like saying that this is all that really matters since this is what matters to God. Not that being aware of other's views is bad. However someone here mentioned that other biblical leaders knew of other faiths, cultures, etc. The thing is they either knew it before the knew God or they had to know it. Just something to consider. Each Christian's walk is a little different. And you sound as though you are allowing the Spirit to be your guide. God bless.

Skrybe, if i may say, you are kind, generous and have me over here smile'n and smile'n ... :)

Thank you very much :love:

I've not visited this thread in a while, thank you for bringing me back. I've been so busy and off-track and not as focused as i should be, on God and the things of God ... i think this is a sign ... thank you for delivering it. God Bless You Too.

:heart:

Destee

It is best, in my sight, to question oneself and one's beliefs. Interactions with people of different faiths in one of the most effective ways to do so. The "unknown" is always the most enlightening. Even the great prophet Abraham told his own father that he did not agree with the worship of idols. He was then told to leave and not come back for a long time. He didn't go back. There's a deep meaning to that.

What's up Jusme.

Though I don't knock people learning of other religious views I know it can be detrimental. That doesn't mean that it always is. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. For Christians, it is said in the Bible all that is necessary for us to learn of our Lord.

On the matter of Abraham, I want to ask you where you came by the info that Abraham told his father(Terah) that he didn't like his idols, and where his father sent him away. I ask because as I know the story, Abraham didn't actually leave his father until he was like 75 years old and married. And it was God who told him to leave his father's house and wander the land that would become the promised land. His father died at about 205 years old and I'm not sure if Abraham even left "before" his father even died since the direct command from God was to leave his father's "house". Abraham(Abram at the time) may have left after his father died. These are the scriptures from the Bible where I get this story from:

Genesis

Genesis 11:27
Now these [are] the generations of Terah: Terah begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot.
Genesis 11:28
And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees.
Genesis 11:29
And Abram and Nahor took them wives: the name of Abram's wife [was] Sarai; and the name of Nahor's wife, Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father of Milcah, and the father of Iscah.
Genesis 11:30
But Sarai was barren; she [had] no child.
Genesis 11:31
And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.
Genesis 11:32
And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.

Genesis 12:1
Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

Genesis 12:2
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
Genesis 12:3
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
Genesis 12:4
So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram [was] seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back