Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Research - Is it Safe?

Re: Jehiah's query...

It is the divine duty of ALL prophets, Jehiah, irrespective of religious dogma, to stand at that fork in the road of life and guide us to the right way when we reach that critical stage in our lives. Prophet Issa (saw) was only repeating what the prophets who appeared before him said: "I am (or this is) the way, the truth and the life."

Thank you all for responding. I'm still a little apprehensive to go venturing out, but this could be (and probably is) an indication of my own lack of understanding regarding what I believe. I mean all of the tiny particulars. I want the details but it seems to always lead me into more stuff I don't understand and a Sista be confused. Just the sign of confusion gives me to know that something is not right, so I go back to my comfort zone (based primarily on faith and not sought out knowledge and understanding). Okay, so I have one issue, stone me! :) ... Just kidding ... put those rocks down!

ZeroGravity ... I, my spirit, agrees more with your position, but my desire to learn and know pushes me beyond that and won't let me be satisfied with just understanding that. I think too, considering the state the world is in now, wars, hate, misunderstandings and such all around us ... how can I understand people if I'm not willing to learn them and what motivates and moves them, including the God they serve. Hmmmm ... is this our 2nd two-edged sword we've had the opportunity to share together? :love:

Kemetstry ... I think that's the problem, I don't know enough about my own. I've noticed that you seem to know much about many different religions and yet can be firm in one. Matter of fact, both you and Aqil are that way and Amun-Ra too seems to be quite knowledgable, all believing (and firm) in different things but know a lot about many ... that's pretty kewl. (Rosetta and AACOOLDRE too, probably others as well, but they've not been in on this thread.)

J'hiah ... oh my gosh ... not the pipe !!! ... purple haze ... ???!!! :eeek: I agree that the majority of my studies should be about that which I believe. If I'm spending lots of time studying other stuff it's probably not a good sign if my hope is to stay where I am. Thanks Sweetie for attending bible class this session. :love:

Aqil ... seeeeee ... I know nothing about Essene Scrolls from the caves by the Dead Sea! Were they before the bible? Should they be used in addition to the bible? Who wrote them? You don't have to answer all these questions, I just did a search on "Essene Scrolls" and there's lots of info out there, I'll do a little research ... :eeek: ... But what if I read something in these scrolls that contradict what the bible says? Is it possible that could happen? Then what? Do I discount all that is in them or discount all that is in the bible?! Or count some of both but not all?! I see another thread coming ... Thanks Aqil for sharing with me. As I mentioned above, your ability to study and show yourself approved regarding many different religions is partially the reason I asked this question. How can some be so confident, bravely going where I've never been ... and still being sure and sound in their own beliefs with none of the concerns I have?

Thanks Yall ... this has created a new thread in my mind so I'm going to post it now.

:heart:

Destee

Re: Destee's comments...

You're welcome, Destee...as I responded to your query in an earlier post:

Careful study of the Essene Scrolls from the caves by the Dead Sea – confirmed by the Egyptian Gnostic codices from Nag-Hammadi – reveals Jesus to have not only been well-versed in the knowledge and cultures of Egypt, Ethiopia, Persia, India, Greece and Rome, a wide traveler and a great teacher, but also an original, independent thinker; a dedicated existential empiricist – in the midst of absolutionists – ever deliberately seeking new truth by observation and experimentation, even unto death...

And I wanna be like Jesus!

:heart:

My Testimony...

Let me share this with you Destee:

The following passage, written by King Solomon circa 1035 BC, contains some of the most profound words I have ever read. It can be found in the Apocrypha, a collection of deuterocanonical (i.e., “second law”) books of the Bible, in a book called “The Wisdom of Solomon.”

The word “apocrypha” means “hidden,” and was often applied to books that were withheld from circulation because the authorship was in doubt or the teachings had been questioned.

The compilers and scripture-makers of the Bible chose instead another book written by Solomon to be included in the canonized Bible, called “The Song of Solomon.” It is actually a love song written by Solomon when he was only 19...and in the honeymoon of a thousand (i.e., 700 wives and 300 concubines) debaucheries!

Here are the words of Solomon in his later years, when he was close to God...

“May God grant that I speak with judgment,
and have thoughts worthy of what I
have received,
for He is the guide even of wisdom
and the corrector of the wise.

For both we and our words are in His
hand, as are all understanding and skill in crafts.

For it is He who gave me unerring
knowledge of what exists,
to know the structure of the world and
the activity of the elements;
the beginning and end and middle of
times,
the alternations of the solstices and the
changes of the seasons,
the cycles of the year and the
constellations of the stars,
the natures of animals and the tempers
of wild beasts,
the powers of spirits and the
reasonings of men,
the varieties of plants and the virtues
of roots.

I learned both what is secret and what
is manifest, for wisdom, the fashioner of all things,
taught me.

For in her there is a spirit that is:
intelligent, holy,
unique, manifold, subtle,
mobile, clear, unpolluted,
distinct, invulnerable, loving the good,
keen,
irresistible, beneficent, humane,
steadfast, sure, free from anxiety,
all-powerful, overseeing all,
and penetrating through all spirits
that are intelligent and pure and most
subtle.

For wisdom is more mobile than any motion;
because of her pureness she pervades
and penetrates all things.

For she is a breath of the power of God,
and a pure emanation of the glory of
the Almighty; therefore nothing defiled gains
entrance into her.

For she is a reflection of eternal light,
a spotless mirror of the working of God,
and an image of His goodness.

Though she is but one, she can do all things,
and while remaining in herself, she renews all things;
in every generation she passes into holy souls,
and makes them friends of God, and prophets.

For God loves nothing so much as the
man who lives with wisdom.
For she is more beautiful than the sun,
and excels every constellation of the stars.

Compared with the light she is found
to be superior, for it is succeeded by the night,
but against wisdom evil does not prevail.

She reaches mightily from one end of
The Earth to the other,
and she orders all things well.”

(The Wisdom of Solomon, 7: 15-30: 8:1,
Books of the Apocrypha)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back