Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Relationship Help Needed

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Nisa, Oct 15, 2004.

1. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I have a question. I don't know if this is the right forum for it or not. I'm talking to this older brother, that I am very very interested in pursuing a long term relationship with. However we have two different religious backgrounds. He..Christian..upbringing. Me...Muslim upbringing. I wanted to get some suggestions on how we could both be spiritual without arguing over religious beliefs, even though I know it will happen, but they can be hopefully kept to a minimum, without neither of us disrespecting each other's religions. :thinking: Because I want us to be able to pray together, things like that. Help would be appreciated. Ty so much :)

2. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94

Amos:3:3: Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Your friend does not serve Allah he doesn’t serve the Most High GOD, which is the GOD of the Old Testaments. Your friend has chosen to serve a lesser. All you can do if you truly like this person is to ban talking about religion all together. Or you must make a choice between him and your GOD.

Why do you feel you need to pray together?

3. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello How Are

OverStand SomeThing If You Can Ok .
    There Really No Diffrence Between Islam And Christianity . This Is The Real Deal . But There Teacher Imaan / Minister Teach That They Are . Asking Advise From A Christian Or A Muslim Forum Is A Mistake Is A Very Big Mistake . I Suggest You And The Brother Sit Down Together And Read The Quraan And Bible From The Beginning Chapter By Chapter Verse By Verse . And Respect Each Other Belief / Faith , And The Rest With Take Care Of Itself ... Food For Though Never Walk Into Lion Den With A MeatSuit On ...
    Bewear All The Story's And Testimony's That Follow . I Wish You Luck

4. GP

GP Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Doesnt matter if your Christian and hes Muslum, in the end, you both have the same Jesus. Go for it.
    You dont need luck Dear, what you need is a heart full of LOVE, and dont listen to anyone or anything except YOUR heart.
    Just imagine, when we all get to Heaven, they;ll be people there from every nation, kindren, tongue.
    Food for thought, I truly believe when two people let religion come between them, they just may end up loosing the one true love of their life. God brought you two together for a reason :) again,You Go Girl!!!!!!

5. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    As the books are written, there is a profound difference between Islam and Christianity.
    One book causes you to serve and worship Allah and Allah only with vary, vary strong promotion of that concept. Another book causes you to worship the Son of Allah and or worship the Son as being Allah.

And she evidentially overstands this or the question would have never been raised.

6. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    LaughingBigTimeHere

I See You Must Need My Attention Ok , OverStand This Your The Only One Here Who Keeps Puting Out Those Kindergarten Teaching . You Know Nothing About Christianity More Less Islam . My Point Is I Really Don't They Were Expecting An Answer From You . You Call Yashua The Devil Remember . Let Those Who Know Speak OverStand And Those Who Doesn't Listen . :pc:

7. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Inquiring minds want to know

Sister girl first let me say though I'm no expert, I'm in my 2nd marriage. So I may not know all the right answers but I do know most of the wrong ones. What I would do is ask myself what are the qualities that attract me to this person? Then ask yourself "when say long term does that mean marriage? If you plan on marrying this man your faith will play a big part in your happiness. Either your faith is strong or you have no faith, the same can be said about him as well. If your faith is strong and his is also than there will be problems. For instance by doctrine a wife is suppose to submit to her husband. If you follow this you will have to give up what you believe in to follow his faith. Are you willing to do that? During your courtship is premarrital sex a possibility? If not for you what about him? If you have children from another relationship and he does as well when the families merge will your children change their faith? What about if he feels your children are counterproductive to the development of how his children are been raised? What about if you two have a child together, how will it be raised? Questions...Questions...Questions...These thing can only be avoided for so long. I wish couples could live off of love but unfortunately they can't. I'm not trying to discourage you but you must decide how far will you go for love. Think first before you decide. I wish you and your significant other all the happiness and may God bless you both.

Peace

Radical Faith

8. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    LaughingBigTime Here

Question If I May Doesn't The Self Appointed Apostle Paul Teach This ?
    A Women Are In Subjection To Their ( Husbands)
    1Peter 3 ;1 And I Quote '' Likewise , Ye Wives , Be In ( Subjection ) To Your Own ( Husband ) ; That , If Any ( Obey ) Not The World . They Also May Without The Word Be Won By The Conversation Of The Wives ..
    1Corinthians 14;34 And I Quote , ( Let Your Woman Keep Silence In The Church ; For It Is Not Permitted Unto Them To Speak ) ; But They Are
    ( Commanded ) To Be Under Obedience As Also The Law .
    Did You ForGet About These Verse ???????????

9. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    HA!! HAAAAAHHH!!! Laughing right with you

You have made my point exactly. The sister should consider these scripture in examining how devout of a christian her man is. If he is a devout he will expect an order and hierachy in their relationship. As a christian he will not have a probably with the Apostle Paul. Paul wrote half of the New Testiment. This is why it is so important that she consider what it is she is getting into. Since you want to throw scripture out there here's one that the sister needs to examine also.

Ephesians 5:22-33

22 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
    25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church-- 30 for we are members of his body. 31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32 This is a profound mystery--but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Now sister ask your man how he feels about this scripture. Then ask yourself is this something you're comfortable with?

Peace

Radical Faith

10. Nisa

Nisa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Thank you everyone for the input. I look at both sides. I never will disrespect either religion. I look at both sides and think about what each side is truthful about to me. I have my religion and you have yours. Both teach different, but I believe there is some common ground,other than belief that there is a higher power (God) whatever name a particular religion names him though I have to search for it. I don't know if this relationship will end up in children. I did ask him about if religion will play a part, even though i dont know what his answer may be yet, we still have to talk about it. Im still thinking about it myself. I have gone to church and tried to see and be open minded about their beliefs and what Christianity teaches to their followers. I think it would be ignorant for me to not see both sides, and not to be open minded. Everyone has their own opinion of what "truth" is, and I was just trying to get both opinions on my question. Thanks everyone though.
    Be Blessed...Love for my brothers and sisters here on destee.com
    Bye...As Salaam Alaikum...
    Nisa (arabic for woman)..former name Afiya (swahili meaning good health)