Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual Interpretation Depending on Race?

It shouldn't be a template for black people's faith. And what about other black people and races that have different beliefs and religions?
Look up the phrase "Strawman's Argument." That's what the above constitutes.

I'm sorry If I think the world should evolves around me but obviously there is a problem. I really don't know what that problem is,but I have a feeling some of these problems originated in Black people's faith. The template of this faith is Christianity, not the opposite.
See what I mean? First quote, you say what about EVERY RELIGION IN THE WORLD? This one, when you feel you can "win" a (bogus) argument.... where none exists.... you talk about "black people's faith." SMH

Regardless of the religion that black people undertake I know they would at least have powerful faith. I constantly question my own faith so It is not as though I'm just pointing fingers.
When you say everyone else is "blind," you most certainly are. **sigh**

I understand. I'm sorry for being soo self centered. I guess I was blind.
:)

But then for every ignorance there is reason/truth. I do believe when you say that for every darkness their is light and maybe that what Christianity is. But that is not what I think the situation is . I think it is in the reverse. For every light their is darkness. I believe that black people have fallen into a trap. I rather like black people being pagans .
Black people have never been pagans. Only whites.

Yes I do believe you when you say that Christianity originated in Africa, but do most black people who look at the bible know this? My own grandma is heavily Christian and in her house there is is a blue-eyed white Jesus portrait. She accepted this religion as she seen the light in it when she was in trouble, but I believe she failed to see the darkness in it first.

Look, I understand (I think) where you're coming from. But, well, #1, everybody isn't like your grandmother. There's never been a blue-eyed Jesus in my house. NEVER! And not in my parents, NOR my grandparents' homes, either. Don't make the mistake of thinking black people/Christians are a monolith in their beliefs.... or their understanding of the bible. '

(Or interpretation, i.e., I don't know how your anyone can read "hair like lamb's wool" or "feet like bronze" and come away with the impression a white man is being described. :10500: )

I say I am "in tune" with where you're coming from because as a teen, I, too, questioned my faith. It's something people serious about their religious beliefs, do. Especially when we're children and in no position to do anything about the ills and evils of the world. We question. Why, God? Why? There are some simple answers, e.g., "bad things happen to good people," etc. But those "distilled" homilies are for those who've gone through the fire and come out on the other side, e.g., Born Again, Spiritual Awakening, etc. As a teenager, you're prolly going to have to struggle through until you make up your mind one way or the other.

Black people are not my curiosity. Balance and harmony is and I believe that if black people in America don't achieve this harmony with each other then the entire world is going to be ruin. I don't know why black people was put into this world but it has to be more then just religion. Also what is the point of paying my dues to black people if they are not going to receive all the payment( white society).
Wow. Well, most of us believe in balance and harmony, as well, and I agree that black people are the salvation of the entire WORLD.

Your concept of paying one's dues, however, is a little off.... no, a whole LOT OFF-balance! (lol) I'm sure there are others reading this who can advise you on what that phrase means as well as I can, so I'll let someone else take that one. :)

Thank You for accepting my thanks. I really see what you are trying to say to me. Black people don't have to do anything for me. But I would not give up on them. I really do love my people, but sometimes you have to recognize the bad as well. Thank you Sis for reevaluating my ideas. I did went a little overboard.

Thank YOU for the kind of thoughtful, APPRECIATIVE son most of us would love to have! In the above quote, you have warmed the hearts of every mother (pappy, too :chair: lol) who wishes
their teenager :bb: were so intelligent, respectful, :uppp: and such a dedicated seeker of knowledge.

I watch a lot of those ghost shows on channels like Destination America and I was wondering how most races view spirituality and the afterlife. On T.V I have only seen white psychic mediums and have seen no other race. It seems that they heavily focus on the existence of ghost and that in the afterlife most of your family is waiting for you happily and that they are protecting you from constant danger. I don't know it just seems too "simple". There are either good spirits or bad spirits and that angels will protect you if you have enough faith. I mean some of the stuff I believe, but not all of them.

I tried to find black psychic mediums and how Africans approach spirituality online , but I have receive useless information. The only thing close to black spirituality I have receive is from that movie
"The Last Exorcism 2"and the black people in their did not receive a happy ending.

Any comments?
Keep on looking you will find some blacks that are very spiritual. I believe those white mediums are frauds and aren't really connected with any spiritual realm. I also believe that most whites have stolen aspects of spirituality from the indigenous folks because at the core they aren't real spiritual.

I understand. I'm sorry for being soo self centered. I guess I was blind.But then for every ignorance there is reason/truth. I do believe when you say that for every darkness their is light and maybe that what Christianity is. But that is not what I think the situation is . I think it is in the reverse. For every light their is darkness. I believe that black people have fallen into a trap. I rather like black people being pagans .Yes I do believe you when you say that Christianity originated in Africa, but do most black people who look at the bible know this? My own grandma is heavily Christian and in her house there is is a blue-eyed white Jesus portrait. She accepted this religion as she seen the light in it when she was in trouble, but I believe she failed to see the darkness in it first.
/

At its core it originated in Africa, but Christianity is bastardized form of old African traditions and given to the people of Europe and the middle east to control them.

I watch a lot of those ghost shows on channels like Destination America and I was wondering how most races view spirituality and the afterlife. On T.V I have only seen white psychic mediums and have seen no other race. It seems that they heavily focus on the existence of ghost and that in the afterlife most of your family is waiting for you happily and that they are protecting you from constant danger. I don't know it just seems too "simple". There are either good spirits or bad spirits and that angels will protect you if you have enough faith. I mean some of the stuff I believe, but not all of them.

I tried to find black psychic mediums and how Africans approach spirituality online , but I have receive useless information. The only thing close to black spirituality I have receive is from that movie
"The Last Exorcism 2"and the black people in their did not receive a happy ending.

Any comments?

I use to watch those shows until I saw where one was exposed as being fake. Now I grew up with seeing ghost, and their actions, so when they were debunked, it made sense. The path I seek is metaphysics, so for me, there is only the next level of existence, and consciousness. Now I will admit, that spirits have a way of letting you know things, I've seen it.

Peace!

At its core it originated in Africa, but Christianity is bastardized form of old African traditions and given to the people of Europe and the middle east to control them.
So it really did originated in Africa. By why did the Africans give the people of Europe and the middle east the tradition to "control them"? Why can't they let old habits die hard?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back