Black Spirituality Religion : Spiritual brotha,s and sista,s...help me with this question please?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by LibertyLady, Sep 29, 2003.

1. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    Witch wich daugthers did kain...and the folow up sons multiply .....?(married have children)
    i mean when people ask me this i say ' i think' that god made kain fall asleep to to create a woman for him....or did the woman came from Adam and eve to.......but that is just and idee....but i don,t know for real....but i am not going to tell things that are not there in the book i mean ....its against the rules ...you knowwhat i mean its say,s it here on the last chapter of the bibel....
    I mean i dont think that this is essential to what god wants to show us how everything went in the biggining .........but i mean people do come up to me with these questions and than they start talking about incest and stuff........................and i dont like this....

so what now ?......

i mean it doesnt disturb my believe in god.....i mean i know he is the creator in al things and his word is holy.....

but i was still wondering.....

anyone...?

2. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    good question lady.......wish i could help....but it would be speculation from me too, so I will wait for an answer like you.

3. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ok oo7 ....lol...

We wait together .. :look: :look:

4. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    ...if they were truly the only humans on Earth, and you take the Bible at face value, then Cain's wife would have had to have been one of his sisters....and since they were the first people, their gene pool would have been pure and there wouldn’t have been birth-defectives in their children or whatnot....

...there were no "laws" of incest at that time, and there was no need for them because of the purity of the first human's genes....the need for incest "laws" came as time progressed and our genes became less "perfect"....so it became taboo for Man to procreate with close kin, therefore protecting humans from the gene deterioration (deformities) that results from incest....all Scriptural "law" has reason and meaning...

5. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,319

Took me some time to understand this, and I also had to find the Scripture which stated that Cain did indeed marry his own sister.

Goes to show, whatever knowledge the Father wants a person to have, He can give it when He wills and it doesn't have to be according to all of what one has read.:)

But when you do find the writings, the Father shows confirmation in that which we already believed, I know. I believe this is strongest when one has faith in the Father through the son who sacrificed for our sins, and I know that if we believe in all the Son has taught and has done in His works and His resurrection, then these thing come easier to us as we search, for He wants His flock to have wisdom and understanding, with the salvation he has brought.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Genes don't become less "perfect"; they mutate. Mutations are the driving engine of evolution....

We should never use science in an attempt to explain religion.

7. Gracious

Gracious Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +232
    Greetings Family!!! :)

Susta Liberty Lady ... you sho' can work a susta' !!! :blowkiss:

Here's what I've come up with ... (ya'll please chime in for clarity ... Amen??? :)

Susta Liberty Lady ... you sho' can work a susta' !!!
    Cain’s Genealogy
    GOD
    Mother – Eve / Father – Adam
    CAIN
    Cain & his wife birthed a son Enoch; the Scriptures trace the line of Cain's descendants for five generations, coming down to a patriarch named Lamech.

"And to Enoch was born Irad, and Irad begot Mehujael, and Mehujael begot Methusael, and Methusael begot Lamech" (Gen. 4:18)

Oh ... we're just gettin' started!!!:thinking:.............

8. Gracious

Ratings:
    +232
    More begatin' ...

Lamech the Cainite
    and his family

Holy Scriptures says ...

"Lamech took two wives for himself. The name of the first was Adah, and the name of the other was Zillah.

Zillah - Meaning: shadow or shadow protection

one of the wives of Lamech, of the line of Cain, and mother of Tubal-cain

Adah bore Jabal; he was the father of those who dwell in tents and raise cattle. His brother's name was Jubal; he was the father of all of those who play the harp and the recorder. As for Zillah (wifey #2), she also bore Tubal-cain, a smith who forged instruments of both bronze and iron.

The sister of Tubal-cain was Naamah." (Gen. 4:19-22)

Scripture says little of Lamech's daughter Naamah besides her name and the fact that she was Tubal-cain's sister, daughter of Lamech and Zillah. The fifth in descent from Cain.

Lamech was The father of Noah, also mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus the Christ (Luke 3:36). He was a son of the oldest known man and patriarch Methuselah. Noah was the oldest of Lamech's several sons (Gen. 5:25-31; Luke 3:36). Lamech was 777 years old when he died (Gen. 5:31), and was the seventh in descent from Seth. He is the only son of Methuselah that is mentioned in the Bible.

Oh ... There's more!!!
    :thinking:

9. Gracious

Ratings:
    +232
    Enoch
    …was a righteous man … taken-up … directly to Heaven, without dying! The oldest son of Cain (Gen. 4:17)—Scripture notes that he was the father of Irad and grandfather of Mehujael.

Enoch was the son of Jared, and father of Methuselah (Gen. 5:21; Luke 3:37). His father was one hundred and sixty-two years old when he was born. After the birth of Methuselah, Enoch “walked with God three hundred years”(Gen. 5:22-24), when he was translated without tasting death. His whole life on Earth was three hundred and sixty-five years.

He was the “seventh from Adam” (Jude 1:14), as distinguished from the son of Cain, the third from Adam. He is spoken of in the catalogue of Old Testament worthies in the Epistle to the Hebrews (11:5). When he was translated, only Adam, so far as recorded, had as yet died a natural death, and Noah was not yet born. Mention is made of Enoch’s prophesying only in Jude 1:14

:thinking:

10. Gracious

Ratings:
    +232
    Tubal-cain / Tubalcain

A descendant of Cain and the son of Lamech and Zillah, “an instructor of making/molding brass and iron” (Gen. 4:22)—Revised Version says, “the forger of every cutting instrument of brass and iron”).

He also had a sister named Naamah.

Irad - Meaning: runner; townsman
    Another patriarch, the father of Mehujael (Gen. 4:18), and grandson of Cain

Jabal - Meaning: a stream
    A descendant of Cain, and brother of Jubal; “the father of those dwelling in tents and that possess cattle ... nomads” (Gen. 4:20)

Jubal - Meaning: jubilee, music
    Lamech's second son by Adah, of the line of Cain; He was the inventor of “theharp” (Hebrew:kinnor, properly “lyre”... “mouth-organ”- harmonica or Pan's pipe),Gen. 4:21.

Mahalaleel - Meaning: praise of God
    1.the son of Cainan, of the line of Seth (Gen. 5:12-17); called Maleleel (Luke 3:37) 2.Neh. 11:4, a descendant of Perez

Methusael (Methushael) - Meaning: champion of El; man of God a descendant of Cain (Gen. 4:18).