Black People : spin-off of ... Words/Phrases that gotta GO....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by $$RICH$$, Jun 7, 2003.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    Thandiwe........i feel u sweetie but try not to use such
    as the b word i will edit it for you this one is place on ban now
    see our ban words in the forum rules .......
    but u know ya right i feel u sistah!

2. Thandiwe

Thandiwe Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    i can see if i was using the words in a negative context, calling someone by these names.

now if it's gonna get so that conversational use of some words are not allowed, the i gonna have a problem, be editted, banned.

3. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    a friend of mine wrote a piece after the 9/11 incident. her poem included the word, biatch. she recited it on our local community radio station. now should her piece have been editted because it contained the "b" word as you'd like to put it?

I THINK NOT!

sorry, i ain't feeling the strict administration, moderating, censorship!

as you can imagine, i didn't respect, appreciate you editted my words/post "this time". i don't used these words gratitioudsly and wasn't doing so mischievously, deviously, or with intent to harm.

if this is what destee is coming to...

4. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    to paraphrase, here's the line from a poem. would this be editted...

...they call america their queen
    but treat her like a biatch...

would this be editted?

for real, i know some moderating may be necessary, i never felt it was need much on destee. the members here, generally, try to be respectful of each other. to ban the use of certain words, words with no ill intent, then i'll be the first to protest.

5. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    rich, please do post your reply you sent via private message. people should be able to discuss matter, disagree, respectfully. this is a discussion board, let's continue the discussion.

you mentioned that their are young and old people here on destee. my use of the "b" word was not disrespectful or used will ill-intention. the thread asked which words that gotta go, the terms, words i used are appropriate for this thread.

6. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    on the lighter side,

i keep on falling in and out
    of love with you...

the words to alicia keys somg should be banned and never sang again. this song is used on all the reality shows for audition song. the song was annoying when alicia it, due to the over rotation on the radio stations.

7. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    ohh, don't thank me yet!!!!

are you reading the thread? if you read my last response i was, AGAIN, responding to the this thread.

if you are just banning words without giving benefits to the purpose this this is shameful censorship.

anybody got a copy of the constutition?!

rich, are you letting your new duties as moderator get you big headed.

where is george carlin, maybe he can add to the list of words that can't be used on destee. he had a routine in which he used to say the words that couldn't be said on tv. funny thing, most of those words are now used on tv. BUT NOT on destee.

funny!

8. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    so if someone has a poem and the word b**** is an important part of the piece, then it can't be used?

and why, because yall say so, those are the rules. ****, i feel like i should be sent to my room.

okay check this, one of your own moderators has a thread that uses the word "hell". depending on how you use the word "hell" it can used negatively or as a comparative.

comparative "it's hot as hell in here".

negatively, "go to hell!"

now shouldn't the word hell also be banned?

i could go through the whole board and find more, i bet.

what i'm saying is that the moderators should use their own judgement and not just outright banning of words.

most of us have been responsible and considerate. i have been around as much as you, seen as much, but i haven't seen anyone attack anyone by using the "b" word as you would put it.

and to just say these are the rules and live with it. good thing we didn't have that same philosophy when it came to slavery.

9. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    i'm asking you moderators to comnsider how you monitor the board. you are just respond, blankly, "those are the rules".

here's another example, the word "sex"

"what's sex are you? a question that appears on questionnaires.

now used in another context, "i wanna sex you up."

now see the second sentence could be offensive and the word could be banned for that reason.

but it could also be used as in the first example sentence and there's no harm done.

same as in my use of the b word.

btw, i've seen this word used by others in other posts. are you gonna go through and edit those as well?

how about the word "******" or the variation of spelling for the "n" word. is this word to be banned too? i have seen and have used this word in my poetry.

btw, the b**** word was found in my aol dictionary. the word ****** was not.

and thank you!

10. Thandiwe

Ratings:
    +2
    well now i'm gonna go hang out with some grown folx. where alitttle cussing and mature yet respectful discussions can take place.

:wave: