Black Spirituality Religion : Spells

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by GeorgeM, Apr 15, 2009.

1. GeorgeM

GeorgeM Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    What do the Gods and Goddesses use for making and manifesting spells? Of course there is the standard candle and whatever color said candle is for the intent of the spell but what else is used?

I use....incenses.....candles....oils....parchment paper.....etc

what say you all?

2. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    I wouldn't say I cast spells as such, however, I work with all of the above to draw certain energies and situations into my life. For me its a case of having total comprehension of how energy works and using that knowledge to manipulate those forces of energy. I guess I call it 'energy manipulation'. When I use terms such as "spells", witchcraft, etc, it causes a deep divide and misunderstanding in comprehension for the average person in learning about something which forms the whole basis of their existence. After-all, we are ALL the elements of the universe fire (electrical synapses in the brain), air (breath) water (blood/fluids), earth (flesh) and spirit.

Do you know of any energy work that I can use to bring safety and security within my family?

Love, Peace!

3. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33
    blackeyed peas in all corners of the house....

Burning "Fiery Wall of Protection" incense in the house provides just that...

Burning white candles anoited with protection oil....white candles provide positive vibrations

of course ritual work for protection is always a good idea....

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Doc, you covered the basics when it comes to working. What else are you suggesting? I like to use cornmeal or arrowroot. I have found that the use of three candles in a triangle shape or 5 candles in a pentagram enhances the work. I keeps me some frankincense around at all times, as well as, some cinnamon or ginger.

Anything else I would provide is proprietary information and will cost ya to know. I will add I like to set lights, learn this from me granny.

Blackbird

5. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Depends on just actually what you trying to do and accomplish.

Blackbird

6. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

ahhhh yes the triangular shape with candles is wassup....I have frankincense as well I use that to burn after any working to cleanse the ritual area....

gots to get me some ginger....

spiritual baths work as well.....

7. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    What would Rootwork be without a soundtrack....

Seeing be I'm just an old lil Creole bwoi from Louisiana raised sometime in the 17th, I got ta take back yea to my roots, ya heard me.

Also, let my alma mater take a crack at it. SU SSSSSSSSU.... The marching band from Jaguarland, oftern imitated but never duplicated... cher... yea. Fa sho... ya dig.

Laissez les bon temps rouler.... Here we go - zhou.....

Now taking it back....

All of this group's music...

And round it off with the lovely Rosie Ledet.

Blackbird

8. Blackbird

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    As my previous stated, I like to play music when doing travay. I listen to a variety of genres from old school and funk to blues and zydeco - occasionally some standard jazz, besides the NOLA brass bands, is in order. Jazz comes from a Kongo influenced word, related to jizz, that means "energy." I need that energy and improvization that is found within jazz music - I especially love some Coltrane or Miles or Grover. I was born and raised around blues and zydeco - this was the music of everyday life and especially family reunions, get togethers and fish frys. It's home, deep bayou... Uncle Issac use ta love his zydeco. Of course, funk and old school takes me back to my early childhood days.

These things help me to channel and focus, I reminiscence on long humid last summer evenings when the leading clouds of tropical storms would blow sub-tropical Gulf of Mexico moisture overland and I could feel the ancestors in the air. My mind shifts to my granny showing me a buckeye which she kept underneath her mattress. She would keep her Bible parted in spring and fall to part those severe weather storm clouds and I would watch potential tornadoes unravel as funnel clouds. The accordion of the zydeco triggers deep memories of cleaning and deveining shrimp about to be battered and fried down home style. The windows would be raised and the screens on them would filter the muggy wind seeping through. This is home. This is roots. I can feel them, I can feel them heavy in the air - old souls ... wow.... This is where my power comes from, my source.... drums down at Congo Square ... the old celebration place of African slaves on their off Sundays. Bayou St. John.

Blackbird

9. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    DarkGod- I was told about those blackeye peas in the corner in a dream and I was surprised to find it later on as a real spell for protection and bring in positive influence into the home. The shameful fact is I dream spells all the time, but I've can't find any references for them- or I just don't have the time. Nor do I know why I would use them because I haven't had time to experiment and find out what they would be used for.

Burnt corn on the cob over a doorway? The upside down cross over the doorway? I know about using baby power in spells also for protection, but I've also been shown using baby power and pouring it in a left baby shoe and keeping it on the dash board in the car. That one is yet to be decoded. Dried up red roses tied up in an orange cloth with green string. Again, undecoded.
    I was told to take some bread and milk and set it in the triangle at the fork of a road I pass just about everyday. I couldn't see myself doing it without getting hit by a car so I never made the attempt.

So what I can do is minor. I meditate with the candle I am going to use, dress it up with olive oil and meanwhile speaking my wishes and intents outloud, I keep doing this for awhile at least 15 minutes, it's usually at night. And then I lite the candle for about 5-10 minutes every morning and speak my original intent over again. For these hard times I'm using allot of green and black candles, orange candles too for the Queen. Sometimes I write some words backwards on a napkin and burn it in the flame.

10. GeorgeM

United States
    Ratings:
    +33

thas wassup o wise one....keep the love fest goin....