Black Poetry : speculative

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by mensahpoetic, Nov 19, 2002.

1. mensahpoetic

mensahpoetic Active Member MEMBER

****, why you gotta be all up in my sh*t?
    Ratings:
    +0
    I write poetry…and listen to good music…to keep the apocalypse from coming down.

Yeah, I said I write poetry…and listen to head-nod soul-lyric music…to keep the apocalypse from coming down.

The end times are near when…hip-hop’s been *****-punked…and writings are owned by corporate masters. Black-listed books on watch…cuz they…galvanize anger. Rap music…cusses…and spits and scratches pubic hairs…and smells like subway cement & graffiti spray aerosol…huffing…from the gas-chamber…of ridiculous recording deals and…played-out business models. Poets…in identity crisis…forget they are bringers of truth and…not…conjunction cows & predicate pimps for…adverb adversaries trying to…enunciate…a massive fortune.

I read 2000 Seasons…and play some Reflection Eternal…to keep the 4 mares from pirating the earth

Yeah, I said I read 2000 Seasons …and play “Memories Live”…to keep the 4 mares from…stomping hard on the earth.

Saulwilliamsemceepoetrybluefunkoracletruthspeakingmadness…get out your decoder rings…backpacks & language, floppy disks…and green tea…weed and uptown Saturday night diction…and blast some hip-hop & recite…Achebe lines…to let God know we ain’t…done with the planet yet…let God know…Jesus can put his…luggage back for a few more…generations…and…breakdance in secular prayers to let God see…our drive…to make sure earth doesn’t hurl…into a cyber-MP3downloaded-overcorroded…hell. Retinas…reverse the lightprism entering…your brain…and now…you can see the truth that…this is our world…and it requires more than…neo-polite-put-trash-in-proper-receptacle respect…water ain’t never missed…’til the ****’s…gone.

I read Octavia Butler…and spin Illmatic…’til the sun becomes nauseous & solar-burns the earth.

Yeah, I said I read the queen of speculative speech…and spin Nasty Nas…’til the sun catches the runs…and star-bludgeons the earth to death.

The world that’s under my sneakers…rotates…in a subatomic revolution…houses…my family & friends…is slowly becoming precious to me. Terrorist new-world reality…threatens…the possibility of…conceiving my children in a safe haven but still…gotta tighten up the laces and…tilt…my hat towards the sun & just…keep moving on moving on moooooving on. Life is…polyrhythmic…like poetry & hip-hop…and earth…in its poly-colors & people…is more than urbanized villages & digital dead desires…varicose violence flowing blood-red…war…in-vitro inserted into my life…but still…gotta button up my britches…twist…my ankh ring skyward & just…keep moving on moving on moooooving on…

I read some Ntozake…and listen to Blackalicious…’til the brimstone precipitates from the clouds.

I said I read “nappy edges”…and bump “Nia”…’til the brimstone rains down from the
    Cumulus.

Yeah…and you don’t stop…

?

2. Desert Storm

Desert Storm Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +31
    I am Music!!! thank you ha ha ha i liked this i am a music/voice major so i connected with you on this lol i lllllllluuuuuuuuuvvvvvvv mussssiiiiiccccc toooooo!!!!!!!!!
    much luv

3. Twofish

Twofish Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singer/Lyricist/Songwriter/Actress/Writer/Entrepre
    Ratings:
    +1
    you got it goin on - word real!
    bumpin #11 on reflection eternal
    and vibin to the rhymes in my mind...

1luv

4. elayne.

elayne. Well-Known Member MEMBER

lover of words.
    Ratings:
    +0
    poeticmensi.

you know i've always liked this peace...

most times when i'm done reading you... all
    i can say is "dayyyuuum!"
    you are so fukkin' clever & the way you control
    the english language leaves me breathless!!
    half the time folks just ain't even ready for you!!
    ...but keep givin' it to 'em. they'll catch on!! :wink:
    (& i ain't even tryin' to push up!! :lol: )

i am loving you,
    elayne.