Support : Special Request: User Albums

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by Dre Money, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Dre Money

Dre Money Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +143
    Hi Destee! :hi:

I haven't been on here in awhile but I will be posting a YouTube shout-out vid for this awesome website very soon.

I think your pic subforum is cool but I thought of a way to spicen it up.

I think the addition of a user albums gallery will spicen that section up.

It's very easy to install and set up unlike other galleries like photopost for example.

With this gallery, you can comment and 'Like' albums and photos.

Your album will show up in your profile page.

Latest albums can be configured to show on the home page or forum page.

The user albums gallery has both Public, Private Albums and Global Albums.

By default, Public Albums are viewable to guests but the way I have it set up on my site is that I created an additional usergroup so that members would have to be registered for over 1 day and have over 8 posts in order to view public albums and the gallery period as a whole. On Destee.com you could increase it, or just make it so that only premium members can view the gallery. Also, I did not want it to look like my gallery was dead so I let thumbnails of public albums be shown on the main page but when they click on it, they are prompted to log in instead of being able to see the pic in a larger size or the comments etc. This is a custom template modification I made. Very easy code, I'll show you how if you want it done that way.

Anyway, Private Albums cannot be seen by anyone unless you configure a usergroup to be allowed to view. A pic link from your private album can be viewable if you post the direct url though. On my site private albums can't be seen by moderators and below.

Global Albums are public albums that any member can upload a picture too.

In your pic subforum you could create a thread announcing global albums.

Global Album thread example

Gallery Home Page Screenshot

[​IMG]

Pic comments screenshot

[​IMG]

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Thank You Brother Dre Money ... :love:

Wow @ a video ... oh my gosh ... :blush: :blush: :blush: ... that will be nice ... THANK YOU! :kiss:

I've checked out the addon above, and see they have an importer for vb3.8, which is what i had hoped for.

We had albums and i want to try to import them ... but it's gonna take me a minute to get to all of that.

I think I must go on and admit it, i've gotten old ... and i just don't move at the same pace ... :)

I really be try'n to go fast ... but nothing hardly moves ... :lol:

I'm working though ... and as soon as i get the forum back up to speed ... i'll be adding albums!

Thank you for such a thorough presentation of the addon ... great job ... you're so good!

I'm glad you're my friend ... Thank You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Done ... Albums ... :love:

:heart:

Destee