Speaking of hair...women do you shave?

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
There was a time when Black women loved their hair . . . and not just on their heads. A "hairy" Black woman used to be a sign of her beauty.

Now, as in many other things, Black women define her beauty in ways similar to White women . . . shaving her natural tresses is but one example.

Black women that shave and Black men that love it! Which one are you and why?

NNQueen, i don't remember when a "hairy" black woman used to be a sign of her beauty, it never happened in my house. i think that when i was a young girl, i used to watch my mothers grooming habits and followed suit. my mother always shaved her underarms, legs, pantyline, etc. on the other hand, she had a head full of gorgeous hair and a braid that went down to the middle of her back. i always wanted to be just like her when i was growing up. now i too keep myself groomed and if i have hair anyplace other than my head, it is pretty gross to me. i like the smooth feel of skin after having shaved my legs and underarms etc. i am not adverse to getting wax jobs. i even wax my eyebrows or anyplace else on my body that has hair where i don't think it belongs. i guess i'm just heavily immersed in western culture. hair on a woman's head is pretty to me, long, short, however she wants to wear it...but hair on a woman's body is a no-no. oh, on the other hand...i don't think that my husband notices. he has never made a comment about the hair on my body one way or the other...matter of fact, you have me curious about it and i am going to ask him now! :lol: thanks, i'll get back to you on that!

Hey red, maybe Black men that liked Black women with hairy legs was a southern thing. I'm trying to find information about that and if I run across anything, I'll certainly share it here.

But what I find interesting that I didn't realize is that there is a whole history around shaving that goes back a very long way. The information found in the following link pertains to men and women alike, mostly in northern Europe, but with a few examples from Africa as well.

What this proves is that shaving is definitely a cultural phenomenon and nothing more. People have gotten rich, and still are, from us applying depilatory creams and razors to our bodies.

Let us know what your husband prefers... :)

http://www.quikshave.com/timeline.htm

hair ................
it look good on some women as to others
under arms hair should be shaved to give them that lady touch
now on her legs some guys like the hairy look the light hair some
like the smooth touch this one is wide open now hair in other
places is well up to the woman men can take it with or without
but yes most do shave their as well to give the glow of body
grooming is a key to beauty & essence.......
i like to hear more women on this one .

NN, sorry i am just getting back to you. i asked my husband how he felt about my shaving habits and hair in general on a woman's body. i was hoping he would get more elaborate but ended up saying something smart like...well if you've been shaving all of this time...and you're my wife...then that is your answer. so i am ***uming that he doesn't like hair on a woman's body. thanks!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back