Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child

Sha'iyn

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 9, 2007
i live in TushKauLoosa Ali Baba or Tuscaloosa, Ala
Occupation
construction
I strongly do not believe in spoiling children being that I was spoiled early in my life. The topic of Black parenting or parenting in general is so misconstrued. It's all circumstantial. Depending on the number of children in the household, the upbringing of the parents, finances, enviroment, entertainment, physical reference and mony others. Some families seek counselors for guidance or rely on the wisdom of their elders. I look at it like this. We as a people in America were given two main books to base our lives on from Sunday to Monday and throughout the week. The Bible and the Koran. There is also the Torah for those who chose that path. These books as well as some of the "appointed" speakers, teachers and leaders have set guidelines for how to raise children, eat, bathe, fight, dress, make love and so on. I look to books and their authors to discipline my children. If not, you are going off of your own know-how which has been systematically altered, watered-down and passed through the GENE -erations.

In conclusion, telkl 'em something once, tell 'em twice, thrice and it's time for a hand, a belt or a switch to go where the sun doesn't shine... if you know what I mean!

I agree (partly) with your conclusion :) I'll never reach a third time asking.. but I have also never struck a child - if it ever became necessary, I'd doubt my parenting skills more than my childs lack of "obedience".

I grew up in a family of 8 - half of us were beaten regularly - half never touched. General consensus amongst the whole family (now, as adults) the ones who were not hit ARE spoilt rotten. hahaha - but you know not hitting vs hitting within one family unit has far more impact on your development than the strikes (or lack of) themselves..

I'm curious, however, to know how much reference was actally made to children in adolecnce (as we know it today) in these holy books... as individuals with their own stories of growth.. or were they seen/counted.. but not heard?

eta: the (partly)

well zulile

According to popular belief, a child who is in the image and likeness of "God" and who is under the covenant is an adult at the age of thirteen. In most states it's eighteen, nineteen or even older. This puts children in a child-like disobedient state for more years after the written age of adulthood. Why are these books not getting spread to black youth? It doesn't anger me, it just puzzles me. Since these books are not circulated in Neighborhood baptist, apostolic and other black churches, Who gives the authority to Presbyterian, Methodist, Catholic and other "white" churches to preach and teach Judaic teachings which have their origin, Where?

If the world is setup for us to fall, What do we do with the ability to stand up for somethin'? Me, myself I write messages to my son and family to give them guidance into a life where they can stand up for something we had and would love to have again, Freedom to ask a quesstion and Freedom to answer a question and Freedom to start a firm foundation centered around the same writings WE wrote and are still writing. The End, for now.