Black Teenagers : Spanish vs. Black

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by Prizefighter16, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Prizefighter16

Prizefighter16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    how many of yall have that spanish vs black stuff. Got Spiggas (i hate that word...it means spanish people who act black) or meda medas ( black people who act spanish) and that whole nonsense in between...talk about it pple, whats really good wit all that anyway? and do yall think spanish pple have the right to call each other or other black pple the N word?

please respond
    give this topic some life :car: :tennis: :drums: :dance3:

luv ya
    peace out!!!
    :bye:

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    First of all, NO ONE SHOULD BE CALLING ANYONE THE "N" WORD, because 90% of the people who use it don't even know where it came from, regardless of race; and Secondly, BREAKING NEWS!!!!! The spanish v. Black thang is officially not in existence anymore!! Please do not fall for that Eurpoean brainwashing crap. That is just a way to put us up against eachother and self-destroy eachother. I don't know about others, but I get along with Hispanics, Latinos, and even Cubans fine. There is no such thing as Spanish v. Black, because what is it the purpose? There is none. Don't believe in that crap.

Cedric Denson

3. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Being a Black and Cuban, I must say that think that still does exist to a certain degree dependign upon where you stay. I know that when black people find out that I am spanish, I get a sense of apprehensiveness from them, as if I think I am better. Moreover, alot of spanish people still feel that blacks are inferior, especially black latinos. Some black latinos only Identify with their nationality (Their respected country) and not their race (African Origin) and they think that blacks are inferior. So I think it is alive and well, it just depends upon where you are and how you percieve it.

4. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    OK But know that my Ex is Black and Spanish, and my ONLY closest true female friend is Black and Spanish. There is no difference that I see. I mkean where I grew up at, I witnessed Latinos hanging out with eachother, Blacks hanging out with eachother, and then Latinos starting to team up with the blacks. They even blast our music. I don't know too many African-Americans who blast Salsa and Reggae when they are in their groups. I will see a bunch of Purto Ricans sitting on the porch, drinking beer, speaking spanish - and then blasting Rap and Hip-Hop. None of the other way around in the Black Community.

Cedric Denson

5. bienamor

bienamor Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    AMEN

And I'm sure its not wrong to be proud of your country!!!!!!! I am not African Dominican!!!!! I am a Dominican some of who's ancestors came from Africa, Europe, the America's. punto! Pensar rubio, mulatto, moreno, indio, negro, no hay diferencia. There only colors, and we have them all :nuts: !!!

6. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    I can't explain why latinos use the n word like it's nothing. While I use it sometimes and have been around other hispanics saying it, I don't oppose it or support it. I think it's really about colloquialism. When it's all you hear growing up, people using it even as a term of endearment, it doesn't feel wrong. Like sometimes my mom or my aunts would call us that while saying something nice or joking orwhatever. It'd be funny to everybody. Even my grandma would say it and no one would think anything of it.

But don't misunderstand me. It's wrong in the sense of where it came from and the history behind it. I just have to work harder on not saying it.

And I think that Blacks and Latinos act a lot like each other because they live so close to one another. And their heritage is similar. It's a beautiful thing.

7. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    African-Americans and Latinos (not Spanish, you are only Spanish if you are from Spain) have a similar history & heritage. I could give a long dialog on why Latino vs Black is silly, but I'd rather let this thread speak for me:

http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23343

8. bienamor

bienamor Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    find other pict

http://www.listindiario.com.do/antes/octubre04/071004/portada/pplana.pdf
    http://www.listin.com.do/

has a little better mix instead of selection. Agreed that there is a heavy african influence, but not all!! you would be surprised at the mixture.

Do me a favor Pan and just take a look at http://www.listin.com.do/ your wife can help if need be,I say this not out of disrespect, but I don't know your level of spanish. but you will see all colors, and not all Latinos(hate that word), look like the photos posted in your forum. We are a mixture, and you can have six different colors in your immediante family.

Just poke around and look at the pictures thanks in advance
    :pool: your shot

9. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    you will see all colors, and not all Latinos(hate that word), look like the photos posted in your forum. We are a mixture, and you can have six different colors in your immediante family. Just poke around and look at the pictures thanks in advance.

I realize that Bienamor...and didn't mean to imply that all Latinos/Hispanics look like my links. That was from a thread demonstrating the diversity of Latinos...and to show the African influence!

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I realize that Bienamor...and didn't mean to imply that all Latinos/Hispanics look like my links. That was from a thread demonstrating the diversity of Latinos...and to show the African influence!