The Front Porch : SOYLENT GREEN

Wow I only saw the first star wars as a kid in the 70's, that's it. What does that make me? lol

I was too young to understand Soylent Green when it came out but I knew the food was people. I saw the 1973 version of the movie years later, I found it to be bland but the message resonated with me. Now Soylent Green is a movie that needs to be remade to do it the justice it deserves IMO.

The first Star Wars I saw was Return Of the Jedi, and the one that showed how it all began. And Soylent Green is one of those plots that has to have the big ending. Horror films like the Exorcist I don't waste time seeing. You waste the hole movie looking at small fright scenes like a shadow or image in a mirror. They wore out Jason, the last one I was was back in the lat 80's or early 90's. I counted 5 fake Jason scares before it was the real Jason, I go up and left before the movie was over.

And that Season of the Witch, was just plain stupid.

Peace!

Yeah..I feel you on that. From what I remember, it's one on those movies that everything happens at the end. I don't really like those type of movies. Just you knowing what it is, is enough. I say said all of that just to say, don't waste your time wondering that you are missing something. You are also right on the money with your list. I've seen 2 Jurassic parks, 3 of the Star Wars, and 1/2 of Harry Potter.

Peace!

ROFL, you saw half of Harry Potter!? How did you sit through 10 mins of it? Lol

I don't know, I just couldn't get into the feel of it just like the other movies I named. And I did try, but always got distracted, and then would realize I spent much of the movie polishing my nails and watching them dry. So I stopped trying. lol

The first Star Wars I saw was Return Of the Jedi, and the one that showed how it all began. And Soylent Green is one of those plots that has to have the big ending. Horror films like the Exorcist I don't waste time seeing. You waste the hole movie looking at small fright scenes like a shadow or image in a mirror. They wore out Jason, the last one I was was back in the lat 80's or early 90's. I counted 5 fake Jason scares before it was the real Jason, I go up and left before the movie was over.

And that Season of the Witch, was just plain stupid.

Peace!

You're right when you stated they wore out Jason. I couldn't believe they had Jason in space, though. I was like, really??

And I saw the Exorcist when I was a child; I was disturbed by her walking back-side downward on the stairs. :10700: Saw it again when I was older, and was able to understand it that time around. lol

....IT'S PEOPLE!

Hi, I'm CSmith. I like to do various things and such. My favorite color is the absence of color. I am from somewhere in the universe. I'm composed of "star stuff". I dream that one day I will collapse into a black hole. I like to read. My favorite books are very interesting.

But enough about me for now...

:hello: CSmith ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing! I read where you've been a Member awhile, but just got in and stuff ... jeez ... i'm glad you tried again and made it in ... whew! ... we almost wooda missed you! :)

I see you've made yourself right at home, so please continue!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

ps ... i never saw the movie either ... :bye:

::

:hello: CSmith ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us and sharing! I read where you've been a Member awhile, but just got in and stuff ... jeez ... i'm glad you tried again and made it in ... whew! ... we almost wooda missed you! :)

I see you've made yourself right at home, so please continue!

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

ps ... i never saw the movie either ... :bye:

Thanks for the welcome!