Black People : SOUTH SUDANESE SISTER SPEAKS

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Mar 25, 2014.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    jamesfrmphilly
    I saw this over the weekend. I wanted to post it myself. I found the video not easy to find.

The speaker is very passionate and has the right message. It is unfortunate that the governments of the African nations are mismanaging the health and wealth of their nations.

Naming and shaming African corruption culprits and their Western associates is a step in the right direction towards addressing the plunder of African wealth and the scourge of capital flight. But more systematic strategies are required given the massive scale of the problem. A key part of these strategies is to enforce transparency in the exploitation of natural resources as well as in the management of external debt.

The problems we face here in education, regulation would hamper the medical groups ( nurses and doctors she asked to help ) from administration and distribution of what medicines are really needed.

The west has long had restrictions on the aid and help Africa could receive in technology and advancements. Without this plea coming directly from the leaders of the African nations it could not be a unfruitful endeavor by those who would quickly come to aid.

Here in the United States those same doctors and nurses could do here for the local black community the needed administration and help the in black community needs. Bipolar disorders, schizophrenia, etc.

The restrictions here are only on their individual need and desire to help. At some point an individual who really cares have to put aside any idea of "what's in it for me" as far as money is concerned and work from the satisfaction of. Doing because it is the doing the right thing.

3. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    http://southernlibrarianship.icaap.org/content/v06n01/ogunsola_l01.htm

Twenty-First Century "Digital Slavery" for Developing Countries--Myth or Reality?

The developing countries are faced with the problems of poor telecoms infrastructure, poor computer and general literacy, lack of awareness of the Internet and regulatory inadequacy that also hinder other applications of the Internet there. Technological gaps and uneven diffusion in technology are not new. "Older" innovations such as telephony and electricity are still far from evenly diffused - but what may be unprecedented is the potential size of the opportunity costs and benefits forgone by failure to participate in the new 'digital society.'