Black People : South Carolina mom arrested for cheering too loudly at daughter’s graduation

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MS234, Jun 5, 2012.

1. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    I'm not surprised by things anymore, are you?

South Carolina mom arrested for cheering too loudly at daughter’s graduation

Police say they warned parents they would be kicked out if they got loud.

By Erik Ortiz / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Beach balls and bullhorns are commonly banned from graduation ceremonies, but some schools also want to silence the screaming — going so far as to have overzealous audience members arrested.

That’s what reportedly happened to South Carolina mom Shannon Cooper, who was accused of whooping so loudly during her daughter’s high school graduation Saturday night that cops charged her with disorderly conduct and placed her in a detention center.

“Are ya’ll serious? Are ya’ll for real? I mean, that’s what I’m thinking in my mind,” Cooper told WPDE NewsChannel 15 in Myrtle Beach. “I didn’t say anything. I was just like OK, I can’t fight the law. “

Cooper said she didn’t act any differently than other families when their children’s names were called during the South Florence High School ceremony.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-loudly-daughter-graduation-article-1.1090056

2. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

gotta learn your place. now think about what those same folks that had you arrested filled your daughters head with during all them years of "education".

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I guess you can't go nuts when they cross the stage

4. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,900
    your awareness is off the meter. you raise an excellent point here. this is what I call an ironic oxymoron. Here it is the mother is arrested for being over-zealous for cheering on what in essence is the achievement of her children being programmed in this "educational" system.

Nothing should shock us anymore.

5. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Well,...they should'da arrested me when i was screaming for my son graduating last year from high school. Finally got that lazy son of mine to walk that stage and i was cying and screaming.

I dont know why schools gotta go to the extreme with calling the popos on us for celebrating.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    [​IMG]
    Anthony Cornist, Popular High School Senior, Denied Diploma Because Of Excessive Cheering

High school senior
    Anthony Cornist from Ohio is living proof that, yes, it is possible to be too popular -- and that you could be punished for it. When the well-liked football player's name was called at graduation, his friends and family cheered so loudly that the student was denied his diploma.
    "I did nothing wrong except walk across the stage," Cornist told local news station WCPO 9.
    But school administers did not share the crowd's enthusiasm. In fact, the noise proved too much for them and Cornist was handed a letter from the principal
    instead of a diploma. The letter said that his diploma would be held in the principal's office because of the disruption.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl6|sec1_lnk3&pLid=167666

Are they really taking the celebration of a child feat too far , what happen to the great cheers of accomplishments that
    was once expressed in pure excitement and to honor thy child for all they done inside the system reaching that mark
    of education..............com'mo this gotta be a joke ! expressing self in a manner of respect but in joy of there child as
    one cross the stage to completion people should have the right to express what happen to the so call freedom in america
    what happen to the liberty of choices to show the happiness for such great feat, what happen to the school system that
    want such hush and sho no emotion , then why have it ? why go have the fun of graduating been spoiled forever !

I can't beleive this crap............only in america