Africa : Soul of Africa

rymjack5

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 17, 2003
Everyday I feel something calling. Often I can't think of anything else but Africa, what part it is of me and what part of Africa I am. The African souls caught in america occupy a large place in my mind and Africa often weighs heavy on my consciousness.
I know that my soul is diluted after being born and raised under the flag of a western empire. I know that everyone else like me that was born and raised here, all of our souls are diluted. By my own will I have kept that part of my soul, the part that was borne from the soil of the Continent, pure. Africa often weighs heavy on my consciousness.
On my lunch breaks I read Frantz Fanon. Then I look up the names of the people and places he refers to when I come home. I shout UNITY, SOLIDARITY, MOVEMENT and LIBERATION at the others. Most of them stand there grazing with a blank-eyed stare, or attack me and my words in defense of the one--who put scars on the soul of so many, after generation after generation after generation of what they've done to my People, my Fore-Fathers, my History, my Livelihood, my Destiny. My destiny... is
linked to my lost family, my lost heritage, my lost land.
Many of the others here deny the Motherland. I do not deny the Motherland. They react to news of tragedy and suffering there with a shrug and a, "That's why we're lucky they brought us here." Or, "It's hell there--starvation, war and aids." My reaction is anguish. My reaction is guilt. My reaction is, "If they are starving and suffering why aren't we there." I don't mean the u.s. military. I mean the lost children of Africa. Often I can't think of anything else but Africa, what part it is of me and what part of Africa I am.
Everyday I feel something calling.
I hear the drums and shouts, the chanting and song.
My Destiny, My Heritage, My Family
O Motherland! Mighty Africa!
By this soul, you are loved and revered.

WOW!!

- It is the feeling of all conscious African. We the 'scattered' children of Mama Africa feel your pain and also hear the drum. You have explained the unexplainable. You have manifested with such eloquency what is deeply rooted in my soul. Oh yes! My African soul!

- In forums such as this, the 'scattered children' of our Spiritual Mother Africa are coming together and braking the over 500 years old shackles which have taken away all of what you mentioned above. We may not get to see the finished work from this side, but rest assured that we will from the other side. The foundation has be laid. Just take a look at Africa's children here, we hailed from every corner of the African Diaspora. Oh yeah! Is happening.

- Thanks for your thoughts, they are indeed very inspiring.

PEACE & MUCH RESPECT

Thank you for your response. I found these boards after posting somewhere else for awhile. I am very grateful that I did find this forum. Where I was posting before, there weren't very many like minds. After reading here I realized how petty, false and trivial that other site is. Unfortunately, it seems that many of US in america are far too attracted to that which is petty, false and trivial.
I am very glad this forum is provided. This is where the IDEA EXCHANGE is pure and meaningful. I have a profound respect for the existence of this site and the People who take the time to read and post here.
I hope to find a place my voice here alongside yours and everyone else who works for the TRUTH, understands that SOLIDARITY is essential for the survival of our race and has the WILL to fully accept who they are along with their portion of the on-going struggle.
Africa and it's children in america have been in a continued state of CRISIS. We are lucky to have survived the last few hundred years. I would imagine that the numbers from the holocaust would pale in comparison to the lives lost in Africa as a result colonialist tyranny. But people cintinue to die at the same rate as before. In america there has not been one generation since slavery that did not lose the lives of the majority of its males to murder, prison and vice. People don't care to look at what's going on. If they did they would see that what happens here is a continuance of what happens there. The genocide here is slow and subtle. But the fact that every single generation since slavery has lost thousands of lives to murder and imprisonment is undeniable. And every generation has had a handful of "good negroes" who preach and to convince the others how good we have it here in america. They tell us that we'll find home and happiness in heaven not Africa. They tell us to just be quiet, endure the your suffering, ignore the suffering of your family and we will be rewarded with a servants position in "white heaven" where we can wait on them and feast on their leftovers till the end of eternity. NO.
Heaven to me is the health, happiness and security of Africa and all of its People. I do not want "white heaven" nor do I fear "white hell" in fact, most of us are already far too familiar with "white hell" to fear it.
Thank your welcoming response and words of encouragement.
Peace(though it may be long-coming) and
Much Respect To You
Thank You

WHOA rymjack spoke my exact thoughts. I believe I&I are on the same page..

Mama Afrika is calling her people in the diaspora to return home and when I&I get the chance, I am going home and never coming back. But first, before any Diasporian-Afrikan return home, I&I must leave our bagage here in Babylon and what I mean by that is I&I need to drop the Eurocentric ways and mentality and get back in touck with Africa mentally and spiritually. I&I need to have knowledge of ourselves, know Ourstory (not HIStory). Than I believe I&I should return to Zion (Africa).

Great thread rymjack.

Thank you Pharoah.
CollectiveConsciousnessAfrikanCollectiveConsciousness
Your Truths are My Truths. My Truth is Yours.
A common struggle A common heartbeat A common frequency
to which our minds our set
as long as we grant ourselves
awareness--the courage and strength to Know.

I have a theory concerning history that I would like to run by you.
Either Homer was an Afrikan or learned those two stories from an Afrikan. But I believe Homer was an Afrikan. If anyone reads this and thinks I'm just throwing thoughts into the air, I don't think I so. It occured to me over the last few days. The way ovid and others reshaped the greek myths to fit their own cultural needs in rome, the greeks did the same with knowledge they picked up in Afrika where they often traveled. Not the alexander great nonsense. Before that, during the times of the pre-socratics and herodotus. Some of the pre-socratics openly gave credit to the Continent as being the source of much of their knowledge including mathematics. And anyone who knows more than a little about ancient greece knows that them saying that Egypt is where they learned numbers and math is basically the same as them saying that the Oracle of Delphi was located in egypt. To many ancient greek scholars, numbers and mathematics were considered the building blocks of the universe containing the secret to creation. Without mathematics as a philosophical tool and starting point you have no plato therefore no aristotle etc.

The iliad and odyssey are stories that have no real source. No one has ever figured out who Homer was. The epics called iliad and odyssey came way before greek history. That is all that is freely admitted. Remember when I mentioned the pre-socratics. If they learned numbers and mathematics from the Egyptians then it follows that they didn't develop a system of symbols and figures to represent thoughts, concepts or objects until after that time. The epics called the iliad and odyssey existed for at least a few hundred years before that time. Where else could those two stories have originated. Almost the whole of greek tragedy is nothing but a bunch of spin-offs of those two epics. But there is a very big difference between the epics and the spin-offs. I couldn't feel it in the odyssey but that could be because it has become so watered down. But I felt it and recognized it in the iliad. The epic poem called the iliad in the west is an Epic Poem from the Continent of Afrika.

The legend is that the story will always be told so that we can learn from the mistakes made by its heroes. This is in Afrikan story and the characters in it would all be Afrikans. The legend of Achilles, the only warrior whose name will be known throughout eternity, that was an Afrikan. The gathering of Chieftains. Keep in mind that the only Chieftains and Warriors that existed in that hemisphere in the ages that pre-dated greek history(by hundreds of years) were on the Continent.

Why am I stating it? Because it is supposed to be one of the most important stories ever told, and it has survived so many ages. It was passed down for centuries by word of mouth. And I know that it is one of OUR stories.
If anyone wants to challenge my statement(the epic poem known as the iliad originated in ancient Afrika)please do. The problem is that there is no proof one way of the other. All anyone knows about the "iliad & odyssey" is that they are very, very old. They pre-date the greek dark ages. No one knows if, when or where the events described took place. There is only a bunch of BIASED guesses.
The story westerners call the iliad pre-dates greek civilization by hundreds of years.
Though the story pre-dates greek civilization by hundreds of years it describes a highly developed civilization in a state of war.
There were highly developed civilizations on the continent for hundreds of years before the dawn of greek civilization.
Obvious evidence of this is the Great Pyramids.
The story that westerners call the iliad is an Afrikan story that describes events that occured on the Continent of Afrika.
If anyone has information that helps to confirm or refute PLEASE state it.
Is there an ancient Afrikan story that centers on a warrior who is faces with the choice of a long peaceful family life and a name that is never known or death in battle and a name that lives on forever?
Where did this kind of story-telling originate?
A story passed down for generations by word of mouth, a story with underlying morals, a story about warriors, tribes and chieftains; a story that relies heavily on repetition.
I know that I'm right about this and one of you knows of a story that is linked to this ancient story. If anything comes to mind please let me know. I will stand by this statement you protectors of western fallacious thought. THE ONE KNOWN IN THE WEST AS ACHILLES WAS AN AFRIKAN.

Pharoah, I feel what you're saying about KNOWLEDGE, TRUTH and the cloak of fallacies that the europeans draped over the HISTORY and HERITAGE of our PEOPLE.
Your Truths are My Truths. This Struggle is OURS!!!>>>

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back