Black People : Sony plays white vs. black

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by backtoafrica, Jul 7, 2006.

1. backtoafrica

backtoafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
  2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    can you say "economic boycott"?

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    can someone dig up the email address of sony where we can send protests?

4. jgyknowledge

jgyknowledge Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    This is not even worth any time or effort. There are more important things to pursue......

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    started to wonder what all the fuss is about (well, still do), until i got to the bit in the article that indicated that there was more than one person in the picture!! i truly didn't see that at first!

sony been imploding a bunch lately. this could have been shown other than grabbing by the chin, like that. the "rivalry" between the black psp and the white psp is as silly as the "rivalries" that arise between game consoles!

black folks sufferin from a seemingly terminal case of "distractovitis"; all sorts of things being posted about all sorts of slights and not much about efforts to figure out something else.

sony's email address: "google is your friend"<snort> but prolly something like [email protected]? [email protected]? heck, i don't know: the name of the company is sony, and there's bound to be a webmaster, or a postmaster, or some sort of abuse line. there might even be a "ceo" or "pr" or some such?

""Think[ing] It Through" is an even better friend!" a new slogan/watchword/catchphrase i'd like to suggest: "Think It Through, Black!"

oh, da#mn! i wasn't gonna read this one either ....

6. That Jones Boy

That Jones Boy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Well the ad can easily be seen as racist or promoting or at least playing on racial strife it can be seen as offensive in that it takes a serious issue and using it to promote a petty subject such as the different color schemes of their consoles guess this ad can be seen as similar to a lot of those benington (sp?) ads.
    I guess the question like on several other issues of a similar ilk is wether its racist /offensive through design or ignorance.
    You would think the amount of flak that bennigton got for its similar ads would have made sony aware these ads aren`t greatly recieved, then again maybe thats why they made it they have a no publicity is bad publicity policy.?
    @Jamesfromphilly I guess you could go to their official site and there should be some info there about how to contact them with complaints and so on.