Black Spirituality Religion : *****SONGS OF SOLOMON*****

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Fine1952, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    Who--in fact, wrote the biblical book entitled "Songs of Solomon"? King Solomon, some will bravely shout out.

Now take some time, sit down and read the verses as I've done and you'll soon come across some curious information. At chapter 5 and verse number 2, I read:

"...I slept, but my heart was awake. Hark! my beloved is knocking. "Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my perfect one; for my head is wet with dew, my locks with the drops of the night."..."

Instantly I know the reference is to a black man because the verse speak of his soft locks becoming wet with dew. As I read further I come to verse number 4:

"...My beloved put his hand to the latch, and my heart was thrilled within me..."

Wait just one minute--I thought this was a man sharing his intimacies about his lover-sister-wife-bride.

I read on.

Now keep in mind, in spite of the gender switch in mid-scripture verse, the content speaks of a "ruddy" person. So I am still sure it's a person of color. Further I read and innerstand that this must be a woman talking about her lover-brother-groom. At chapter 8 I get another gender switch because the author is speaking as a man about the Daughters of Jerusalem; or do you think a woman would speak this way to and about other women? Who knows. Again, another gender switch at 11:

"...His head is the finest gold; his locks are wavy, black as a raven. 12 His eyes are like doves beside springs of water, bathed in milk, fitly set. 13 His cheeks are like beds of spices, yielding fragrance. His lips are lilies, distilling liquid myrrh. 14 His arms are rounded gold, set with jewels. His body is ivory work, encrusted with sapphires. 15 His legs are alabaster columns, set upon bases of gold. His appearance is like Lebanon, choice as the cedars. 16 His speech is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable..."

As I come to the last sentence. "...This is my beloved and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem..."

In conclusion I am confident that there will be no more gender switches but boy what a ride I've taken and come to some pretty hard hitting conclusions: (1) two many interpretations; (2) two much wrong information; (3) too lascivious to be sacred.

Now according to Dr. Darkwah, the word 'Solomon' is a corruption within itself as he states: "...Another fact that western scholars have never known is that the name Solomon originated from the African tribal name Salome. The linguistic corruption of this name under foreign tongues from Salome to Solome to Solomon in European languages is evident. This name is specifically an Ewe traditional name..." I know from previous research that the Diaspora of Afrikan people within the continent all originated from what is now known as the middle east.

The lie about King Solomon being the name of King Solomon is further slanted by the fact that traditionally ancient Black Egyptian Kings formerly requested that songs be written for them. Dr. Darkwah brings forth information about a "Cycle of Songs" in Honor of Sensosre Kakari III. Remember this name was corrupted to Senusret Khakaura III as mentioned in the previous sentence.

Quotes

Says Will Durant about King Solomon being the author of Songs Of Solomon: "...is an open field of surmise."

Lloyd M. Graham -- "Deceptions and Myths of the Bible" -- 'In spite of their pretended intimacy with the Creator, the Jews never had great knowledge of things cosmic and metaphysical; they were but plagiarists culling mythic artifacts they did not understand. (1995, p. 2)

Dr. Darkwah concludes that a double duplicity has occurred: because not only is this not the real name of King Solomon but the "Songs of Solomon" attributed to him are false as well.

-------------------------------

Source

1. "Africans Who Wrote The Bible" -Songs of Solomon- Page 302-304.

2. "The Literature of Ancient Egypt: An Anthology of Stories, Instructions, and Poetry by Kelly Simpson (ed.), p. 279.

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    You know-

It came to my attention that at LEAST "some" of the Song of Solomon was copied from the Egyptian Book of the Dead (this might not surprise some). However, it would be interesting to go more in-depth with this.

KD

3. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,782
    I will....!

Thanks, Cedric

4. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Thanks for the enlightenment sistah fine:flowers:

5. TreasureEyes

TreasureEyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Sis Fine .. yeah the Book of Solomon can mess one up for sure. Most commentators consider the Song of Solomon (also known as Canticles) to have been written early in his life. Solomon's early godly years were followed by a severe spiritual decline.

"Now King Solomon loved many foreign women: the daughter of Pharaoh, and Moabite, Ammonite, Edomite, Sidonian, and Hittite women, from the nations concerning which the LORD had said to the people of Israel, 'You shall not enter into marriage with them, neither shall they with you, for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods'; Solomon clung to these in love. He had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines; and his wives turned away his heart. For when Solomon was old his wives turned away his heart after other gods; and his heart was not wholly true to the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father." (1 Kings 11:1-4)
    .... ...

he had so many wives he probably didn't know which one he was talking to.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Have you ever read the "Ethiopian Book of King Solomon"? Last I heard it was going for $100.00 for just that one book.

7. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Just a word of advice, don’t let the words of men guide your faith.

Jer:17:5: Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Thus information that comes from man that is not being spoken as GOD can only be considered as a philosophy or; well, a song. You must distinguish between the Specific Word of GOD and the specific word of men.

8. Son of RA

Son of RA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Student
    Ratings:
    +92
    Greetings,
    Concerning King Solomon, John Henrik Clarke mentioned in a lecture (Can the African race save itself) that he was a petty hustler and womanizer (1000 wives, including she-devils). He was not the wise man that we have been taught to think. He also mentioned that the real reason Queen Makeda/Sheba (Queen of the South) went to Solomon was to help the brotha out (he was in financial trouble and he also owned her money/taxes). Remember at that time a lot of nations were being protected by Kmt and Ethiopia and therefore paid taxes to Kmt and Ethiopia. Solomon's nation being one.
    Just like today brothas mess up and our Queens got to bail us out (see 1 Kings 10:10). The sista gave the brotha gold, spices, precious stones worth millions. She went there to take care of business. That is what yall sistas do, take care of business :coffee: Just like Cedric said, the so-called Solomon songs and wisdom/ proverbs come from The Book of Coming Forth by Day which the Euros call The Book of the Dead.

Tranquillity