Black Spirituality Religion : SONG OF SOLOMON

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by kamanu, Feb 6, 2007.

1. kamanu

kamanu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    interesting in verse5:11 of king james version it says

"his locks are bushy, and black as a raven."

in the new internationl version its changed to

"his hair is wavy and black as a raven."

interesting

2. Auroraflower

Auroraflower Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    this cought my eyes couse iam reading proverbs these days....

wow what a wisdom.....

o yes i believe we had and have a lot of brown wise kings and prophets ..

we have and had them on the earth in all kinds of colours......

i believed ......he was an interesting man....

he had one weakness that brought him down.......

but his widom remains...

and that is GODS..

Loveauroraflower:heart:

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Song of Solomon 5

[1] I am come into my garden, my sister, my spouse: I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk: eat, O friends; drink, yea, drink abundantly, O beloved.
    [2] I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.
    [3] I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?
    [4] My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.
    [5] I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock.
    [6] I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spake: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer.
    [7] The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me.
    [8] I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if ye find my beloved, that ye tell him, that I am sick of love.
    [9] What is thy beloved more than another beloved, O thou fairest among women? what is thy beloved more than another beloved, that thou dost so charge us?
    [10] My beloved is white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.
    [11] His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and black as a raven.
    [12] His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the rivers of waters, washed with milk, and fitly set.
    [13] His cheeks are as a bed of spices, as sweet flowers: his lips like lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh.
    [14] His hands are as gold rings set with the beryl: his belly is as bright ivory overlaid with sapphires.
    [15] His legs are as pillars of marble, set upon sockets of fine gold: his countenance is as Lebanon, excellent as the cedars.
    [16] His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

Yeah, I remembered when I first noticed that; made it quite apparent what they were trying to do.

I love the Song because it's so heart felt and loving; such a beautiful poem in the Scriptures, but then again, all of the Holy Doctrine is beautiful and really touches the heart like no other words to paper could. :heart:

Reading on the love and mercy the Father has had upon us, sending His Beloved as a sacrifice for our sins so that we'd be salvaged before His face, and the Son's resurrection on the 3rd day giving us all hope of life, and true love forever in our Father, always lifts my spirit in His Holy Spirit when I feel low. And I'm certain it does for all who believe and have faith ib our Savior and King.

5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    lol! There you have it!

They changed his hair from bushy to wavy.

6. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Could this have been because the KJV was copyrighten?

Alluding to why many of the other versions possibly interpreted writings into their own.

Probably similar to what the KJV had done with relation to the Wycliffe and incomplete Tyndale versions.

Changing the description from boughs of palm trees, to bushy...

Wycliffe (circa 1395)

Song 5:11
    His head is best gold; his hairs be as the boughs of palm trees, and be black as a crow.

Song 5:12
    His eyes be as culvers on the strands of waters, that be washed in milk, and sit beside [the] fullest rivers.

upload_2016-7-24_11-30-17.png

King James Version (circa 1611)

Song 5:11
    His head is as the most fine gold, his locks are bushy, and black as a raven.

Song 5:12
    His eyes are as the eyes of doves by the rivers of waters, washed with milk, and fitly set.

upload_2016-7-24_11-53-52.png

• one used "boughs of palm trees", other used "bushy"

Related article:
    http://www.worldministries.org/prop..._says_Thou_shalt_commit_adultery_religion.htm

7. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Why though? Now why would Black African men change the scriptures to take out the Afro? The BUSHY HAIR? That makes no sense.

King James lived during those times and he overlooked the KJV. He died in 1625. He was a very learned man himself, yet he organized a council of original Hebrew Israelite men to translate scriptures. Now, why would they take out the Black African presence, that makes no sense at all.

I am familiar with the Wycliff and Tyndale and other works done because these White Supremacist loathed King James for doing what he did. King James also wrote about this evil intent of Europeans going over to the Americas with the purpose to trick and deceive the natives and the Africans and that was the REAL REASON HE ORGANIZED THAT COUNCIL. He was the king, and therefore, it would be his book that becomes official. Thanks to his version, the Black African presence of Jesus Christ has been preserved.

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

What was presented was regarding the writings prior to King James.

Was a reference to the changing of words from different writings.

• "his hairs" vs. "his locks"
    • "boughs of palm trees" vs. "bushy"

Did this person have an "afro" or "dreads"?

The claim was: "They changed his hair from bushy to wavy."
    Again, simply presented content that: "They changed his hair from boughs of palm trees to bushy"

Wycliffe and Tyndale loathed King James?
    Explain if one could.

Would like to look into any sources that can be viewed for more information about what one has mentioned about King James' writings on the deception of natives and Africans. Have been looking for them (not hard because I rarely have heard of the writings), but not yet read them.

So please do share any sources that one has to provide.
    Thanks

9. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Yes, I understand, that is why King James put that council together because of the translations that occurred prior as well, even by the Greeks, putting in books that supported Greek Idolatry and etc.

So yes, some of the translations prior to his council was also the problem as well as perhaps others. Again though, the true Hebrews were dealing with 'mistranslations' of their ancient scriptures that would have taken out the Black African presence.

So, the words used such as BUSHY and also WOOLY would have been more specific I've written more in depth about this but just haven't posted it yet. This word BUSHY and also WOOLY is confirmed in other scriptures.

Therefore the Hebrew scribes would never havve changed the words from Boughs of Palm trees to Bushy. It would have been that someone changed the original words and meaning away from 'BUSHY' to present confusion.

One main source about King James passion to deal with false translations is contained in the Introduction of the KJV in which the king wrote about himself, about the other Europeans going abroad with their 'bibles' to decieve. That is why he commissioned his council and appointed the KJV to be read to the natives.

10. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Source is the KJV?