Black People : something we should all know..cause they're watching

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by deepy, Aug 9, 2005.

1. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    ello Everyone!

Please check for your name and request to have your name removed.* It is just unbelievable how our privacy is being invaded and by all means, pass this information to all you know.

Beginning May '05 a new database was made*available to the general public, free of charge, that displays your personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates). * The database is found at www.zabasearch.com. I urge you to forward this email to family and friends. Check to see if your name and information is in their database. If so and you want it removed, send them an e-mail at [email protected] to request it be removed. I do not know how our names are appearing there, but I checked my own and a few other random ones, and they are all in this database! * *

***I meant to put this on in june and forgot...scary isn't it..

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    My name appears there as well (in all 4 states I've lived in)...thank you for the heads up sister Deepy, I definately will request that my info is removed.

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Thanks a lot Deepy, I wrote them and promptly requested that they remove my name from their list.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    now they've got you good!

it don't matter; everything about you is already known to everybody, always!

do you have a credit card? do you use a "preferred customer" card? do you pay bills? do you have any services? do you have a job? do you go to school? well, they gotcha!

responding to this, or any like it, trying to get your name removed, only acts as a confirmation that you do, in fact, exist at this place! 'course, they aren't gonna let you request a removal without "verifying" that you are the person that you are requesting to remove ... so, they got ya again!!

good luck!

5. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

"gotcha" really?

Speak for yourself brotha

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    deep crap , not so funny how you can be known to the public and everyone
    worldwide ..............................thankz for the info sista

7. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    :jawdrop:

man this is wild!!!

8. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    well, maybe you'll get lucky. classic ploys. watch to see if there is any fresh spam popping into your email box after emailing them. also, check back in a few days to see if they actually cleared the list. maybe they are a bit more legit than i've seen them be. personally, i wouldn't hold my breath.

oh, but folks have gotten kinda used to getting spam mail and prolly don't even notice it much any more.

me, i don't do credit cards, banks, online purchases, checks or much of any of that "financial reality" stuff. don't get any spam. and this is the only place i've registered on the internet. ok, call me paranoid, if you wish. but i'd opine that they've got me less than most.

9. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Brotha,

If "they" wanted anyone, "they" certainly wouldn't need the internet to do it. Perhaps you are paranoid, and that's not neccesarily a bad thing, however my reality is that the road to my life was laid out before my birth on this plain.

10. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    i agree with you anafrican..."they" know all about us..what we do, etc..I think my concern is not "they"..but every other tom **** and harry that i don't want to know where i live . when i was born. and via satellite the exact location of my house.
    a couple of friends tell me that all you have to do is request it and voila it is done.
    I, like you, work very hard not to put any info on the web, cards, etc... but i still get spam - i wish you'd tell me how you have eliminated it completely...i'd love to do that.
    just a way to keep all the animal from the door...
    and more importantly...it is important that we share information...we should know, when we can, about how and what is being done in this world/on this planet...
    but i do agree about them knowing...so oone might as well stick to honesty cause they can get ya if they want to...