Black People : Something to think about...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Light, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    I was watching a television show about this yearz tornado season....

And the thought came to mind of .... who gives all the people hit by tornados and such new homez and help???

I am sorry to be that way but it remindz me of all the people in Houston that do not have a home still...

If any one has any information about how the process is handled pleaze fill it it on this post...

I would like to have a idea of how or were tax money for emergency situationz are not bummbled in one situation and in another they are... and the people are still paying taxes daily for no relief....

If the last paragraph seemed confusing this is my point; " in most states " besidez Nevada and a few otherz there are taxes on food, cloths, and cigarettez and beer; so no matter what your need there are taxes being paid besides; home or car or lightz or cellphone....

I am wondering why taxes payerz are not recieving the same benefitz as otherz ????

Just a question....

Fill me in if I am wrong here...

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Tax Relief in Disaster Situations

Recent Tax Relief
    Oklahoma victims of April 14 2011severe storms, tornadoes and straight-line winds see News Release
    North Carolina victims of April 2011 severe storms, tornadoes and flooding, see News Release
    North Carolina victims of September 2010 storms, flooding and straight-line winds, see News Release
    Wisconsin victims of July 2010 severe storms, flooding and tornadoes, see News Release
    Illinois victims of July 2010 storms and flooding, see News Release
    Iowa victims of June 2010 severe storms, flooding and tornadoes, see News Release
    Texas victims of Hurricane Alex in June 2010, see News Release
    Kentucky victims of July 2010 storms and floods, see News Release
    West Virginia victims of June 2010 severe storms and flooding, see News Release
    Deadlines Extended for Certain Retirement Plans in Eight States
    Don't See What You're Looking For? Around the Nation contains links to previously issued disaster relief.

The latest Federal Emergency Management Agency disaster declarations are available.

The IRS has two new fact sheets describing the impact of recently enacted laws on disaster relief:

Tax Law Changes Related to National Disaster Relief
    Tax Law Changes Related to Midwestern Disaster Areas
    For a definition of the Midwestern Disaster Area for Various Provisions of the Tax Extenders and AMT Relief Act of 2008, see Notice 2008-109
    The Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008 offers a new option to homeowners who previously claimed a casualty loss deduction resulting from hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Wilma. See the news release, notice and questions and answers for further details.

Publications, FAQs and General Information See Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesses.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=108362,00.html

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Habitat for Humanity International
    121 Habitat Street
    Americus, GA 31709
    1-800-422-4828
    [email protected]

An estimated 5.4 million American households face worst-case housing needs, according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Receiving little or no government housing assistance, these families are unable to find a decent place to live at a price they can afford to pay.

More than 1,500 Habitat for Humanity affiliates are at work in the United States, building houses in partnership with people in need of decent, affordable housing. Habitat houses are purchased by families at prices affordable to low-income Americans, thanks to the donated labor of Habitat volunteers, the support of partner organizations and the no-profit, no-interest terms of each U.S. Habitat for Humanity mortgage.

Habitat for Humanity has helped change the lives of more than 30,000 American families since its first U.S. affiliate was founded in San Antonio, Texas in 1978. Habitat affiliates build in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Each affiliate is an independent, locally managed organization which coordinates local construction and selects partner families without regard to race, religion or ethnic group. Use our affiliate search engine to locate a US Habitat affiliate near you.

http://www.habitat.org/intl/na/218.aspx

4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    http://answers.usa.gov/system/selfs...LE_ID=11148&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTRY=US

Rebuilding after a Natural Disaster
    For information on rebuilding homes or businesses after a disaster, please visit the following links:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) Recover and Rebuild website
    Rebuild Smarter and Stronger Information
    Disaster Recovery and Building Reconstruction Information
    Resources for Consumers on Disaster Recovery
    The Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters (CRSCAD)
    Additional Rebuilding Resources
    You may also wish to contact the following agencies to find out what assistance may be available to victims of natural disasters:

The Department of Labor (DOL) - provides Disaster Unemployment Assistance to individuals whose employment or self-employment has been lost or interrupted as a direct result of a major disaster.
    State Emergency Management Agencies - provide assistance through state programs, local resources, and emergency medical services for disaster victims.
    The American Red Cross - provides direct assistance, such as food, shelter, and clothing, and helps in contacting family members affected by a natural disaster.
    The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - may provide long-term housing solutions to individuals and families affected by a major disaster.
    The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) - provides assistance for drought, fire, flood, storm, earthquake, hurricane, tornado, volcanic eruption, crop disease, livestock disease, and pest infestation through Disaster Assistance Programs.
    The Small Business Administration (SBA) - provides low-interest disaster loans to a variety of people and organizations to repair or replace real estate, personal property, machinery and equipment, inventory, and business assets damaged or destroyed in a declared disaster.
    Additional Resources:

Returning Home after a Flood or Severe Storm
    Cleanup and Safety Precautions after a Natural Disaster
    Saving Family Heirlooms after a Natural Disaster
    Disposing of Storm Debris
    Disaster Relief Assistance
    Tax Relief in Disaster Situations
    Finding Rental Housing after a Natural Disaster
    No Downpayment Mortgage for Disaster Survivors
    Helping a Child Cope after a Natural Disaster
    Reopening Hospitals after a Natural Disaster
    DisasterRecoveryWorkingGroup.gov

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s112-653

S. 653:
    Southeast Hurricanes Small Business Disaster Relief Act of 2011
    112th Congress
    2011-2012

A bill to allow the Administrator of the Small Business Administration to create or save jobs by providing interest relief on certain outstanding disaster loans relating to damage caused by the 2005 Gulf Coast hurricanes or the 2008 Gulf Coast hurricanes.

6. Light

Ratings:
    +128
    That is great information;

There is a problem though,

The implementation of action verse printing upon paper...

For example many people believe in the Constitution only and not the Amendmentz....

It took forever " I mean lol it is still action in progrezz";

It would seem that "emergency" meanz have the operation completed before the ink is dry...

Is this the progress speed that can be seen, or anywere close to it?

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

Brother Light, no disrespect intended here. I'm just speaking frankly...

You asked for information; and I tried to provide some pertinent data relating to your topic that could possibly be a "springboard" for you to dig further.

However, as to "the implementation of action versus printing upon paper," that move is up to YOU.

According to your stated concerns here, what, if any, of this "printing upon paper" could be constructively "implemented into action?"

8. Light

Ratings:
    +128
    Thank you for your information and time;

But if you read my opening statement that is not all I asked for...

This is a on going study for every one to use their eyez and earz ... more than to actually read paper information....

I actually produced this post for people to notice that is still is taking far to long for anything break the red tape; and also that some people have not forgotten the people had a tragedy and all their children and elderly as well as families still having problemz receiving were cities else were are giving freely ....

Compare and Contrast

Compare and Contrast

Compare and Contrast

If I have to spell it out ... lol

Much love and light to all...

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    And all I meant was for you to use whatever available information/resources to disseminate to the very people you're concerned about.

...the very people who are suffering from the inequities in your "compare/contrast."

10. Light

Ratings:
    +128
    The big question is;

Why are people paying taxes with out representation???

As well as paying taxes with out receiving the same benefitz as other citizenz???

Is it possible the old rule of the original constitution that still secretly standz???

In other wordz being considered to pay full taxes while only considered to be

50% of a person; but the ideal is only recognized when dealing in financial issuez???