Black People Politics : 'Something is wrong' with presidential election, says civil rights leader Diane Nash

She won't be singing.

"Strange Fruit"

Southern trees bear a strange fruit
Blood on the leaves and blood at the root
Black bodies swingin' in the Southern breeze
Strange fruit hangin' from the poplar trees

Pastoral scene of the gallant South
The bulgin' eyes and the twisted mouth
Scent of magnolias sweet and fresh
Then the sudden smell of burnin' flesh

Here is a fruit for the crows to pluck
For the rain to gather, for the wind to suck
For the sun to rot, for the tree to drop
Here is a strange and bitter crop
She won't be singing.

I'm afraid you are right, lol, Omarosa should like the song, you think? :)

Since moving to the South, especially GA, the words of that song come to me often.
Walking on land where my ancestors were enslaved.

:great:

The Rare Use of 'Strange Fruit' in 'The Birth of a Nation' Previews and 11 More Vital Synchs Driving Music Publishing Revenue

The song is one of the most haunting in American history. "Strange Fruit," recorded in 1939 by Billie Holiday, was written by New York poet-activist Abel Meeropol after seeing a photograph of a 1930 lynching -- "black body swinging in the Southern breeze," he wrote.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/b...-birth-nation-music-synchs-publishing-revenue

She won't be singing.

I'm afraid you are right, lol, Omarosa should like the song, you think? :)

Omarosa done sold her soul to the devil trump. She likes what he likes.
I don't think don will like those lyrics.

:great: ... clap, clap to Clapper.

U.S. spymaster says evidence on Russian hacking has only gotten stronger

... The country’s top intelligence official set down a marker for President-elect Donald Trump Thursday, saying that evidence the Russian government sought to interfere in the U.S. election had only gotten stronger in recent months and included a “multifaceted campaign” of propaganda, “disinformation” and “fake news” in addition to the cyberattack on the Democratic National Committee ...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-s-spym...cking-has-only-gotten-stronger-205329249.html

He looks the part alright ... :picture:
5388853b7f9903440b6fd6f95d25b3b6

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper listens to questions while testifying alongside Adm. Michael Rogers, director of the National Security Agency, right, before a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing Thursday on foreign cyberthreats. (Photo: Evan Vucci/AP)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back