Harry Hyman

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 31, 2003
North Carolina
Occupation
Salesman
Something in the Basement

I heard it before I felt it, a low whistling sound it was like
knives slicing air swiftly. Gut reaction and reflexes made me move without thinking to avoid it. Still, knifelike claws fiercely scraped against my ribcage and liquid started running. I began leaping up the basement stairs. Something savage in the dark was at my heels. I couldn't risk looking for fear it would slow me down. Pure terror clutched my heart now pumping at breakneck speed.
I jumped two and three steps at a time. The foul stench of its breath singed the hairs on the back of my neck. I could feel the adrenaline being pumped at almost terminal velocity thru my veins. Bloody liquid was running down my leg. I didn't care. I could see it, the door at the top of the stairs-only 7 steps to go. Claws screeched against a wall and startled my ears-only 5 steps to go. Something grabbed at my ankles. It missed- only 3 steps to go.
I lunged for the door knob, turned, opened and closed it all in one motion. With my back riveted against the door, I gasped for breath. The terror behind me pounded and pounded, snarling in frustration as pieces of wood flew to the floor. Each pounding lifted me off the door. Screws from the hinges were ejected like bullets. Wood began crumbling. I knew it was coming through.
Then all of a sudden, it stopped !
It stopped with an abruptness that left me shivering and waiting in the silence. The breath slowly returned to my drenched body and I could hear a low whistling sound like knives slicing air, fading and melting into a descending darkness. Then, I remembered something ! I remembered chuckling at my kids telling me "Beware of the monster in the basement, Dad." I would never forget it or chuckle again ! HH

you can...

...do something with this right here. you have an excellent way with words, your descriptive skills are impressive. this is a good stand-alone piece, but as a part of a larger story, i think it would be really exceptional. i'm going to have to look for more of your work, this was very good.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back