Some words for my people

Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by AfroBoricuaRoni, May 3, 2004.

1. AfroBoricuaRoni

AfroBoricuaRoni Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've never really been in this part of the forum and haven't had a minute to read all the threads that I want to but, by looking at the topics I just want to say a few things-

Please, as some of you may be my peers or a tad bit youger than I, I just ask that you all wise up to the game and gain some type of awareness to the world around you.

I'm not here to lecture you all or try to play like I know everything but it's sad to see that so many of us young people dying because we don't know how to live.

Drugs, overall, are bad. matter of fact- they're lethal. Don't let NOBODY tell you otherwise. When it comes down to it, they don't care for you cuz if they did they wouldn't advise you to do so.

Sex. While it feels good it's not worth you're life. Life is precious and right now...we have other things to think about. More important things. You have the rest of your life to have sex. Do it wisely and don't settle for less than what you deserve.

Pay attention to those who are for you and those who are not. People come into your life like things are all good but they're just as scandalous as the next broad.

Walk away. I know a girl who just got locked up because she hurt another girl really badly (I mean messed her up for life) all because she didn't want to look like a punk when getting bullied. It's better to walk away and look like a punk than to end up worse than you started out and locked under the jail.

Pray. It never fails because while you don't always get what you ask for, you don't always know whats good for you. God does.

Not all teachers are what they seem. Know which ones are about the right things and which ones are the trife teachers.

FINALLY...

You don't always have to be in a relationship. It's okay to be alone. The world portray's this image that you must be in a relationship but it's not true. Do you.

2. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    are you my long lost twin?.....:lol:
    I know exactlly what you are saying and I am proud and glad that you stood up and said this.Only if it could reach outside of Destee and touch the other teens.......
    Love this thread you on point sistah:wink: :toast:

3. AfroBoricuaRoni

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    how cute!

POWER TWINS UNITE!...in the form of...some kind of...weird...whatever.

I watch too much t.v. Saw that on Girlfriends.

I just wanted to let everyone know certain things that are key and vital to living. Anything you can add, Sensual?

4. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    Thank you...thank you so much for sharing a piece of your heart and compassion for the youth. There is much wisdom in your words. And even if only one person chooses to embrace them, it was worth the time and effort in typing them.

5. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    I too want to thank you for the encourageing words to our lovely teens here and everywhere.

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    wonderful advice AfroBoricuaRoni! :)

7. SensualReality

SensualReality Well-Known Member MEMBER

high school student
    Ratings:
    +2
    There's a lot I could add,but you have pretty much hit everything......
    I think everyone should just pay more attention to what they're doing and pay attention to what they value most if it's negative they should let it go,but if it's positive and will help them in the future hold onto what you have.Youth is not forever,if it was we wouldn't be here you know what I'm saying?Once again I must thank you I have to give this speech to ppl everyday lol about how to live.My hairdresser was having a fit yesterday while we discussed problems with teens and sex.I gave her my favorite examples:

Think of your virginity as two large pizzas.If you let everybody eat off of one what do you have left to give then sloppy seconds?

the other is
    Think of it as a million dollars and you spend it all on candy......THAT'S SUCH A WASTE RIGHT?.....marinate on it you know re think life decisions

I'm done now can't start preaching lol
    ADIOS POWER TWIN!!!!!:lol:
    :wave:

8. AfroBoricuaRoni

Student
    Ratings:
    +3
    hehe :)

i feel ya on that. wonderful analogies. basically all it boils down to is awareness and prevention. i tell everybody that they have the power to make crucial decisions in their life. don't ever let popular belief fool you.

9. Eisha

Eisha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Student
    Ratings:
    +6
    Very good advice indeed. Even I, myself need these kinds of advice. I'm not a bad person, but things happen that can sometimes change how a person think. I'm going to college soon and i know when I return home to my family, that I will individually be a different person. In a positive way. Once again thank you for your words of guidance.