Black Relationships : Some Things Don't Transfer

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by river, Sep 19, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    At work we often find techniques for dealing with problems. But sometimes those techniques don't work at home

Consider the man who was an Efficiency Expert. He went around as a consultant giving corporations advice on how to operate more efficiently.

Well one day he thought why not use these same techniques at home. So he tells his wife this great idea of his for how she could do things more efficiently around the house.

It worked. Things were being done nearly three times more efficiently in their home. Whereas before it took his wife upwards of twenty minutes to get his breakfast he now gets it himself in seven.

The moral of the story is that people in our home are family or friends not employees or colleagues. They are there not for what they can do for us but for what they mean to us--not for their productivity but for their presence

2. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    river
    does that mean while he is fixing his breakfast she is makiing the bed and doing the clothes? (smile now)

3. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    :lol:

Hey Deepy!

I think she watching her story:D

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    so just grin and bear it when things are being done in a seemingly second rate manner? even if/when the frustration of doing it this way keeps them running in circles? just sit back and watch? or not go there because it is too painful to watch their frustration?

difficult. why let someone that one purports to love do things in a second- or third-rate manner? why not show them that very best that they so deserve?

and how far does one go in allowing their presence to continue to "get trampled on"? i guess this is something that i need to learn? ... no.

5. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    We Are AFRAKAN. We Are ROYALTY. We Deserve ONLY The BEST. I Will NOT Settle For Less!

having had that beat out of us, look what we are "settling" for? i don't like it; i won't put up with it. in anything.​

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Balance is key in all things brotha anAfrican. If you find it too cold at the North pole the thing to do is not to high tail it to the South pole.

7. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    even when lotsa people finding it too cold? should we all just pack up and move on? and leave others that are exhibiting the same feelings, but, for whatever reason not wanting to say anything? just keep talking about that new suit that the emporer is wearing while the goosebumps get big enough to keep him warm? and his lips are turning blue?

oh.

nah; done heard all i wanna hear about black voice chat ... or whatever it's called.

ain't no place like home!! even if they are using some of the furniture to warm the house up! ... but, i'll try not to say anything. ... but that neat new spread that mom made would look a lot better on the bed instead of in the livestock pen!! ???? er ... oh.

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    often times we try things out at home that we fine to work elsewhere , but it also
    show that you can't transfer idealsm from common places to work at home but to
    use an balance wave bring better results that will work more effectively in less time
    and better joyment , your right somethings just not TRANSFERABLE..................

9. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    brotha anafrican...
    I am not sure of your point....are you having problems with the moral of the story?.. or have you moved to another tangent in the lives of we africanamericans?
    and yes i know we are royalaty, etc...what provoked yyou....(only in this context please)

10. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    no problem with the moral, but, yeah, undoubtedly out of this context. the subject matter of the post just fell in as i was feeling that such might be useful. feeling as if too often, what i am trying to say falls victim to the double problem of my not getting it quite clear and quasi-misunderstanding, i took off on a tangent of something that Da Riva! did again so well; speaking to an issue that i just never quite seem to say clearly - but, i guess, maybe because i haven't quite got it clear enough in my own mind.

in a very real sense, i think i am coming from a perspective of "relationships"; the relationship of Africans in this mis-begotten world around us. (well, no; the world, itself, isn't "mis-begotten", rather what has been made of it, and what we all "live" in/with/through.) it just so often seems as if we are willing to settle for what's available when we KNOW that "it could be better". sometimes it seems as if we'll go ahead and rush into something that we kinda almost half-understand rather than wait until we understand it enough to make it really dance, rather than just do a bit of swaying to the music.

i guess i moved on to another tangent. but is it really? it's still about "relationships", just not exactly those sorts of relationships that deal with family ... although it still sorta is.
    having had my concept of "family" messed up early on, and thinking that, maybe, i might have run across something somewhat similar here, maybe i still just don't get it. could not "their presence" benefit by being "more productive", in the sense that not being willing to settle for less can only enhance their enjoyment/understanding of something, thereby shining even brighter in their Spirit?

oh, well; again - "i'm over thinking it" - but how is that a bad thing, unless the "culture" has decreed that certain people can only think about certain things, and those victims of that "cultural policy" step up at every example of "one of their own" stepping outside the box and thinking in ways that are considered "not culturally the norm"??