Destee Network : Some suggestions please

Clayton Shears

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 10, 2001
Dear Gentlemen (and Ladies),
We've been running a web hosting business for many years now and for the last 6 months our main selling point has been many websites under one account. Obviously the draw is the savings per month and per year, along with the fact that we are highly competitive too.

My question is: Are we on the right track, what do people really want in a web hosting account? Also: What is the general opinion of the future direction of web hosting?

It would be interesting to see your replies, just either, post a reply here for others to read or email me direct at claytons@glopro.com, thankyou.

Welcome ~ Welcome ~ Welcome

Hello Clayton Shears,

Thank you for joining us and telling us about your business. Of course it excites me, as web development (and all things pertaining to it) is my business. While this discussion forum has many topics, rarely do I get the opportunity to talk with someone involved in the web hosting industry here.

In regard to your questions, I think what a person needs in regard to web hosting varies, depending on their level of expertise (or desire to learn) and need. Everything I've read indicates that web hosting has a bright future.

I did visit your web site and plan on going back so I can read more. In the meantime, I have a few questions if you don't mind. Are you the owner/founder of m6.net? Is m6.net an African American owned hosting company? Not that it is terribly important (business is business), but I've not seen very many African American owned hosting companies and it would be quite encouraging to know that you are. Also, I noticed that you are only offering the Windows platform, are there any plans to offer Linux/Unix? Is there a reason you only offer the Windows platform?

Wow, this is so cool. Again, thanks for joining us and please make yourself at home.

Destee

Destee....

asked some good questions... also.. convenience and assessibility is also important.. such how active are your servers meaning that.. how often do your hosting company have down-time.. which causes those people who are hosting their cites through you will not be able to be viewed by the public do to your servers. Also convenience.. file managing... what type of application do you use for that.. or can you use.. Such as.. i can go to my website and go to edit microsoft frontpage and it will bring up user name and password and i can go in from their and modify my website without even having to go to your file manager or website to modify those files... Well those were a couple.. I hope you understand what i meant by these...

thanks!!!

Hi Destee,

Sorry about not replying staight away, I have been busy.

Thanks for such a warm welcome, it's nice to see friendly people on the net.

As for your questions, there are so many I don't know where to start.

Firstly, no I'm not the owner although I would like to be:D I am their sales rep, and am trying to get a better scope of the industry from people who can really tell me how it is.

Secondly, I'm sorry...... we are an Australian company. Although asked a lot I don't think we will be looking at Linux or Unix, as we prefer to use NT.

For now that wil have to be it, as I have a lot to do, thanks again for such a wonderful welcome I am looking forward to spending time on your board... This is great

Cheers,

Clayton Shears
http://m6.net
Email-claytons@glopro.com
First in Web Hosting

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back