Black Astrology : SOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ABOUT ASTROLOGY...

Discussion in 'Black Astrology' started by Aqil, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    What is astrology?

Astrology is the science of the relationships that bind the manifold parts of the Universe into one organic whole. It is also the art of interpreting the effects of these relationships upon the behavior of individuals and groups – or any entity whose origins can be traced to a point in time and space...

Astrology is a system that endeavors to classify and correlate the activities of all things according to the purpose they serve within a general scheme. The astrologer is more concerned with dynamic energies than with phenomenal appearances. To him an object is what it does; its meaning is determined by its operations...

Astrology is the study of cycles of growth whereby all sentient beings are born, develop, die, and are reborn. It analyzes patterns of unfoldment, thereby referring to living processes rather than to static structures...

Astrology is a discipline of thought based on a philosophy of synthesis. It elucidates the manner in which a multitude of separate, self-determining existences combine to manifest the essential unity of all being. Astrological principles can be applied to everything on Earth, because even the smallest atom reflects the grand design of creation, as each individual unit follows its own evolutionary pathway toward perfection.

What is a horoscope?

A horoscope, or natal chart, is a map of the positions of the Sun, Moon and planets with reference to a specific location on Earth, at a specific moment of time. These celestial bodies are charted against the background of the ecliptic, or zodiac, so that one might describe the Moon as being in Aries, Mars in Capricorn, and so forth. Also important are the four cardinal points (i.e., angles) of the ecliptic, as defined by the degrees ascending over the horizon, culminating at the meridian – and their opposites – since these form the basis for the division of the horoscope into a subzodiac of 12 houses...

Basically, the horoscope shows the way in which an entity coming to birth at a particular intersection of time and space is oriented to the Universe. It is a picture of the solar system from the viewpoint of the individual, and, as such, it depicts his unique outlook on life. One could say that the angular relationships between the Earth and other celestial bodies represent his personal slant on things.

What can a horoscope tell a person about himself?

A horoscope can serve as a road-guide indicating the kind of journey an individual will take through life. It does not show the actual terrain as much as it indicates areas of tension, crisis, and decision. Intersections, alternate routes, scenic highways and treacherous byways are all symbolically depicted. The horoscope suggests lessons to be learned, issues to be faced, challenges to be met, and problems to be solved. It is, however, only a map, and whether a person chooses to travel in good spirits – enjoying the adventure or to mope along miserably - is essentially his/her own choice.

In what manner do planets influence human life?

The planets can be compared to the hands of an enormous clock in the Heavens - the clock being the zodiac. Human beings are biologically and psychologically constructed to function like small clocks on Earth. One cannot say, however, that the hands of the big clock reach down and push the hands of the little ones around. Rather, all are synchronized to register the same time. Humans and the solar system correspond to one another, not because of the domination exerted by the large upon the small, but by virtue of an innate affinity which makes them both part of the same creative plan.

Conceivably, cosmic energies actually flow through the signs and planets, as though the solar system were one vast dynamo of interrelated streams of energy. However, while the theory of electromagnetic fields may account for some aspects of astrology, it does not go far enough in explaining the modus operandi of the system as currently practiced. Radiatory impulses passing through space cannot justify the theory of symbolic progressions, the meanings ascribed to planets and houses, or the way the horoscope stamps an entire life with specific characteristics. One might as easily comprehend the phenomenon of human intelligence through a study of brain waves. Astrologers, like physicists, observe the effects of various influences without fully understanding the nature of the energies involved. They theorize “how” these energies operate, but the “why” remains mysterious.

Unfortunately, it is traditional to use the word “influence” to describe the correlation between planetary and mundane affairs. The term has become a semantic necessity because of the lack of words to describe the subtle relationship between microcosm and macrocosm. Few astrologers really presume that the planets somehow push people about. Instead, they believe that there is a pattern in life that most observers are too shortsighted to discern. Like ants scurrying about on a richly emblazoned oriental carpet, human beings are assailed by a jumble of changing sensations. However, by looking at the Heavens where the same basic pattern is spread out in its entirety, man can better understand how his small segment of experience fits into the larger design.

Does interpreting a horoscope require psychic ability?

Although astrological insight does not depend on psychic powers, some astrologers are clairvoyantly gifted. Using the horoscope as a psychometric tool, they may be spectacularly successful in describing the specific details of a person’s life. However, if their gifts desert them they go sadly astray. In most cases, it is preferable to interpret a horoscope in the light of objective indications. The astrologer who adheres to basic principles may not astonish his client with his omniscience, but neither can he go far wrong.

Most astrologers eventually develop an intuitive approach comparable to that used by doctors in diagnosing patients. They learn to synthesize many disparate observations, some of which apparently contradict others. Certain planetary aspects seem to retreat into the background while others stand out. A continued study of astrology refines his insight into human nature. A person cannot deal year after year with the intimate problems of men and women without becoming a discerning psychologist. A systematically cultivated intuitive approach does not bypass the facts of the horoscope, but evolves out of the ability to synthesize a multitude of details. Astral logic then becomes ordinary logic raised to a higher level.

How does astrology compare with astronomy?

The relationship of astrology to astronomy is analogous to the relationship of psychology to physiology. Astrology concerns the mind and soul as well as the phenomenal appearance of the celestial spheres. Many astrologers believe that the celestial bodies are just that – the physical vehicles of exalted beings, much as the human body is the outer garment of a higher consciousness. A person can say of a friend: “He is 65% oxygen, 18% carbon, and 10%. hydrogen, with smaller quantities of calcium and phosphorous”...he can also specify his friend’s weight, height, heartbeat and blood pressure, and describe the manner in which his vital organs generally function. In all, he would have an indisputably factual analysis, but it would reveal nothing of any real significance about his friend. As the great mystic Zolar said:

“Astrology and astronomy go hand in glove. Astronomy is the external, lifeless glove; astrology is the living hand within.”

How useful is the astrological advice in magazines and newspaper columns?

These daily and monthly guides serve mainly as games, entertainment, or conversation pieces. They are not horoscopes since they give only general advice and do not pertain to individuals. Character readings, based upon the sign position of the Sun as shown by the month of birth, sometimes contain enough truth to be mildly enlightening. However, the sign position of the Sun as shown by the month of birth is only one of many significant influences. Analyzing a person’s character by “Sun-sign” astrology, without allowing for the positions of the planets and the exact time and place of birth, is an exercise in futility...

2. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    There is a wealth of knowledge and information in this thread...

3. Hypnotize

Hypnotize Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    I have questions -- can i tell you my birthdate and start talking ?

4. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Of course...:book:

5. Hypnotize

Ratings:
    +2
    The exact point in time and space that Hypnotize
    came into the world:

2:56 P.M.(est) Sunday, February 26, 1978

What is my rising sign ?

What planet was in my house of wealth ?

(one of the biggest problems my family and I continue to face
    is this cyclical pattern of have-not ism, work but no real money,
    and no real improvement in quality of life, although
    wealth and righteousness are my life long aspirations )

My stage name is Mercury Rising, any significance ?

My groupmate/cousin and I are the same age -
    our group is called the Undergodz. we write and produce
    for ourselves and others - He's an Aries, is that good or bad ?

My dad is a pisces 3-19-52, mom is a libra 10-20-59.

6. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    I also need your place of birth...

7. Hypnotize

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh - i was born in Toledo, Ohio - St.Vincents Hospital 7th floor
    lived here all my life.

Have traveled to Chicago 4x's.
    New Orleans, Washington D.C., and all over Ohio/Michigan.

please take everything into account - and let me know
    what other info you may need.

Thanks again Aqil.

8. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Cancer.

Saturn.

No. Mercury is in Pisces, in the 8th house.

Not bad...Aries is the sign on the cusp of the 10th house, or Midheaven, the highest point in a horoscope...

Your Sun is in Pisces and your Moon is in Libra...

9. Hypnotize

Ratings:
    +2
    THANK YOU SOOO MUCH Aqil -- this is what i've wanted yo.

Okay - if you don't mind me asking more questions.

What is the significance of

1 - My rising sign being Cancer ???

I know they are very loving and giving people, but
    my Cancerian friend thinks i'm somewhat stingy

and

2 - (VERY IMPORTANT)-
    Saturn is in my Money House.

What does that mean ??

My feelings of wealth are nothing like most pisces -
    but i don't want to floss- i see it as a means to an end.
    I HATE the fact that money is at the root of 90% of all
    my problems, but it seems like there are folks who just
    have it - and folks who are just meant to go without it.

I spend it well - very responsible.
    I love large sums ( the idea of paychecks is wack to me -
    even if i made $150,000 a year - it would not satisfy me )
    If we succeed in the music industry , then i'll
    be able to live as i truly want.

Just what does it mean yo --?????????????????????????????????????????????????????//

10. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Your Cancer Ascendant

The Ascendant (or rising sign) in a horoscope (the Creator’s plan for human development) is utilized primordially as a third and very important factor that complements the psychological information given by the combined positions of the Sun and Moon. Figuratively speaking, the Ascendant is the geometrical base that encloses the human triangle where its sides are represented by the individuality (the Sun) and the personality (the Moon).

At the time of your birth the cardinal water sign Cancer was ascending on the eastern horizon.
    Your life will be full of changes and intermittent periods of activity and idleness. Your vulnerability to external influences makes you subconsciously imitate the manners and ways of those with whom you relate. By the same token, you tend to inadvertently use the opinions of others as those of your own. You appear to others as a fairly hard individual; but actually you are tough only on the surface, just like the crab (Cancer’s symbol), whose shell is hard but soft and vulnerable underneath...

In many instances circumstances will require you to play the role of worldliness and sophistication, but under the mask there will exist a very sensitive individual who is easily offended, and very perceptive of the more subtle influences and impressions, as well as psychic vibrations. With Cancer rising your natural tendency is to completely retreat when hurt or frightened of a situation. This happens to you often because you tend to interfere in the affairs of others when you’re not wanted or needed...

Throughout your life your responses will be emotional rather than rational. It will be very hard for you not to disguise your lack of sympathy for people who are not congenial towards you, and, conversely, you will be kind to those who are friendly in their relations with you. You will develop an inclination for compulsively collecting all sorts of miscellaneous objects that you regard as interesting, although after some time you will throw them away...

In matters pertaining to your health you seem to have good prospects. Minor digestive troubles should occur frequently, and there is also a strong inclination to gastric ulcers. A vegetarian diet is highly recommended for optimum health, which produces longevity...

Destiny may place you in environs in which your natural traits can best be expressed. You will be happier when allowed to be occupied with searching for a person or a thing, though not necessarily in important work. As far as family matters are concerned, you are not always the average person others seem to see, as you secretly nourish strange notions about child-rearing and home maintenance. Common housework, no matter how important your profession may be, is also attractive to you. Cooking, cleaning, home economics and interior design are some of your pastime hobbies.

The Moon, the fastest moving body in the Heavens, is the cosmic ruler of Cancer, and the key phrase for this sign is, “I feel.”