Black People : Some projects I am doing

SouthsideIrish

BANNED
Jun 16, 2013
Chicago
Well I finally got my basement out of the "rough" stage and onto the "trim" stage. The tapers finished up a few days ago. I got 5 gallons of primer on the walls and ceiling. 2 coats of ceiling paint and started painting the walls. I have used many paint brands over the years but I think this "Behr" paint from Home Depot is the best I have used. It makes painting easy.

started tiling my shower walls in a 36"x36" stand up shower from a bathroom I added myself in the basement. I had to cut up the concrete lay pipe to support a new shower, new vanity and toilet. Anyway I am...as I said past the rough stage and onto trim.
Shower bases get installed on the rough and so does your 1/2" durarock(cement board) so I was ready to tile.
This is my second shower I have done so I am comfortable with the process.

For tiling walls..the preferred method is to use a mastic rather then thinset mortar. You simply troll it on smooth and then use a notched troll that goes with the tile you pick out.

For instance..using the 9X12 tiles the directions said to use a troll with 1/4"x1?4" grooves....Put on a lot of mastic and then basicly scrape the notched troll to remove mortar and essentially cut grooves into the smooth surface of the material you just put on. I put on enough to work 2 rows at a time.

Do your back wall first. Then side walls. Back wall you center your tile on the middle of the wall and make sure your cuts are equal on the left and right for the best look.

For instance....I centered my tile...center of tile...center of wall...Then full tile on each side...Then a 3 3/4 piece on the ends...That's the best look. Mastic is really easy to work with because it drys very slow. Even if you put on a piece 30 minutes ago you can still adjust to minutely if need be..Start from bottom of wall and work up...Use tile spacers. 1/8 for stone and ceramic...1/16 for porcelain....Do some math before you begin to get a rough idea on what the top size cut will be. Mine was only going to be about 2"....So I started at the bottom with a half tile to avoid a very small tile at the top..Netted glass mosaics are nice accents and easy to install.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back