Black People : some people...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by marcus2000, Feb 23, 2004.

1. marcus2000

marcus2000 New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    i am a young black male who leads a respectable life. i don't have kids, i work full time, i don't stealor sell drugs...it really hurts when things like this happen to me: i was in a parking lot the other day. a guy gets out of his car, looks at me, and i overhear him say to his wife "make sure you lock your door, i don't want this ****** stealing the cd player" well, i got the license plate number, and my friend's dad is a cop, and now i have the guy's phone number. i want to spread a message to him that this is wrong. he deserves to having his phone ringing off the hook with messages from people all over america- not all black people are thieves and *******. this guy makes all white people look bad.

< < edited by Destee - name and phone # removed> >

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Marcus2000 ... Welcome ... i feel your pain Brother, it is something most every Black person has had to deal with, up close and personal. Unfortunately, two wrongs don't make a right and even if they did ... you can't do the wrong here! I've edited your post, deleting the person's name and phone number.

:heart:

Destee

3. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Revenge--- that's a little weak. If you are, who you say you are, then you are already beating the stupidness of the male and his female.

There are Black men, just like you, who are dead today, because of the very same kind of situation...you still living and breathing.

As the saying goes; "Don't stoop to a fools level..."

"Don't get even...get ahead."

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Brother Marcus...welcome. I concur with the previous posts but want to add that if you have posted this information anywhere else on the internet, you might want to consider deleting the personal contact information as Sister Destee has done here because you don't want to open yourself up to a possible slander and defamation of character lawsuit. Unless you have witnesses that overheard the comments, basically it's your word against his which makes it appear as though you are harassing him. Besides, this isn't the way to handle such matters brother. If you were on public property, there's such a thing in America as "free speech." Sound familiar? I know how upsetting these things can be, but you have to be smart in terms of how you address them. This reminds me of the race riots in the 1960s where Blacks were so upset with white oppressors that they burned and destroyed their own property and communities. Please don't subject us, our community, to legal vulnerabilities. Explore more productive means for tackling these types of issues. Good luck!

Peace! :spinstar:

5. Nita

Nita Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    youth volunteer
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Marcus

I understand how painful this must be for you.
    I agree with the above. If you are that person you claim to be then you have already proven his comments to be a lie.
    We don't need or want any legal issues to come about.So please understand our intentions. I have known Des for a few years now and I consider her to be a sister and friend. I wouldn't want anything to harm what she has accomplished for this community :grouphug: . We welcome you, but understand we want to spread love in a friendly,peaceful and positive manner.

6. GhostDog15

GhostDog15 Active Member MEMBER

Chiefs Aid, Waiter, Bus Boy
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yah, in Virginia, hasn't happened in a while as in like a year or two before I had a car, but I used to always have to walk a few blocks down it to get to my high school. I swear, something about this street is mad racist. I can just name 7 stories of the top of my head.

1. Once I was just getting mad lazy and woke up at 748, school starts at 8, so when I got to north ave., I was walking at a normal pace. There was a lady in her mid 30's probably walking like 10 steps ahead of me at the same pace. She was constantly looking back at me. I looked at my watch and I saw that I had 5 minutes to get to my school. So I hurried up and started to walk fast, she looked back at me again, and saw me gaining on me, so she walked faster, then she just sprinted yelling help, i was scared ****less, who wouldn't be, so I ran across the street and kinda hid for a bit.

2. Once i was in a mall renting a video for the fam, my dad gave me some cash to get it. So I got the movie and on my way back home, I notice the rentacops following me, so I just made a turn into a random store, think it was called woodlen books or something. I sat there for like 8 minutes then I left. And found out that they were just waiting outside of the mall. So then I just kept on walking, then made a tight turn into a bathroom ally. And just sat at the entrance. Then they just ran up to me and I asked them why they were following me, and they said I was looking suspicious. So they just said some crap on the radio and let me go. I know to you that my not seem racist. But in chest I just knew it was racism you know. Sometimes you just know..

3. I was at my job at cannons restaurant, and then those health inspectors’ guys came in like they do everyone in a while. Its usually some different guy so no friend ships are formed, imp lucky cause I swear like above this guy had some hate in him. There were 9 of us walking there. After he did his inspection (A by the way) this on man was on his way out to his car, as soon as he noticed me, writing some things down, he made this face and started asking me ****. He just looked up at me and started asking me the most bull**** random questions, Mary (the boss) just kind of signaled to me to just answer them. Some I just told him what he wanted to hear. But this is what he wouldn’t get off me about.

Have you ever stolen anything from the restaurant? He must have asked me that 4 times.
    Then he just kept on going on and on about it. Like have you ever took a bag a chips or something and ate them without permission? Those kinds of questions. Soon he asked me, so have ever stolen money from the register *that kinda pissed me off* but that’s not it, of course I said no, he kept on going toward it. But then this happened-

The Man – Have you ever picked up and kept a dollar off the ground?
    Me – nope not at all
    Him – not even a quarter, or anything
    Me – well yeah, I’ve found quarters laying on the ground before
    Him – Did you have the owners permission
    Me - *stuttering kinda* no, its just a quarter here and there
    Him – So you stole, you stole from the restaurant
    Me – no no, it was just a quarter
    Him - *he was looking angry* excuse me did it belong to you? (I said no) then son you stole that from the restaurant, you stole money from the restaurant.

He was just keep on going on, and then he gave me confession forums… he gave me confession forums over picking quarters off the floor here and their. And soon Mary just lost it on him, and threatened to call the police and all that if he didn’t leave. So he left. That’s just another time that you just gotta know, and kinda everyone knew that he was just being racist, he didn’t say anything to anyone, but when he saw me… just at my sight.

That’s all that I feel like typing, there’s more where that came from…. Like countless amounts of times where people have seen me and grabbed their purse’s, times where guys waiting in front of me in line would look back at me, grab their wallets in putting them in there front pocket.

You will have no idea what I would give to just see what their thinking, I honestly think that they either think I don’t notice that ****, or if they just think, that It doesn’t matter how I feel about that.

Heh, I can make a lot of poems about this.

but hey marcus stay strong, we all go though this, sucks just some people think that we are just all the same. i wouldn't be suprised if destee made a stick for this kinda thing and it would get 4 page's in a week.

just another journey for bro's and sis's to go with.

whoa its feels good to type about this...

7. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    There is nothing that We can do about Racism and the Racists that perpetuate it. We have been fighting this forever--and it changes nothing except give us mental, emotional, and physical problems.

Have any of you ever noticed how Racists need to have Us react to them; and when We don't they get upset? I mean, it is played out every day...

When Racist didn't want Us to eat with them; join in their clubs; be on their teams---We Used To Make or Provide Our Own. And We were Satisfied.
    So, Why is it, We then let those same people come in and want to join up with Us and they take over?

Kenny Gamble said once, "Black folk would rather fight to drink coffee with others, than open there own coffee shop..."

Until We open Our Own shops We are going to Continually be Hurt.
    Until We say **** your Racism you Racist pig; I'm going to survive and live anyway---We are going to continually be Hurt.

We face this kind of think everyday---as a people-- We deal; but there still is that "evil" (for lack of a better word); or rather "self-hating" part of Us that even after We have been kicked, We go back wanting..... Like sleeping with the enemy.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Suprasecret ... based on your two posts, it seems you have a problem with our Brother GhostDog ... that's kewl, just take it back to whereever you came from ... this is not the place to bring your drama. This is your only warning.

:heart:

Destee

9. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    suprasecret..hello and welcome
    please reframe from negative comments
    as you have since you enter into our home

Peace
    Angel