Black People : Some people would like to think that the unemployment rate might one day fall to 0%.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Kemetstry

... As promised bro. Kemetstry, the facts about zero unemployment, also, gotcha:), you and Ken both laughed last night after the broadcast was over about you being obnoxious during the show :wow:

It's not a good look when anyone overrides Sister Destee at the mic on her Show ... This is not pandering, so don't even go there:) ... Face the music instead, you have alot to offer(Destee kept saying this), but become overbearing and impolite in its delivery ... again, this is meant in the spirit of Constructive Criticism, only, nothing personal.

Population and Employment
    Types of Unemployment

Some people would like to think that the unemployment rate might one day fall to 0%. In this situation there would be no people out of work – everyone who was looking for a job would have one.

Although this might sound like an excellent idea, the reality is that it isn’t possible. To understand why, you will need to learn about the following types of unemployment:

Cyclical Unemployment: When there is a lack of aggregate demand in the economy, some people will become unemployed. These people are said to be cyclically unemployed. You should recall that earlier in your study of Economics you learned about the Business Cycle. It is from this model that cyclical unemployment gets its name; when we experience an economic downturn (or a recession), the number of people unemployed will increase. These people are said to be cyclically unemployed.

suggested reading:

http://economics.mrwood.com.au/unit2/population/population4.asp

No amount of straightening up, pulling up or training our young folk suffices, when the demand for workers is negatively affected by a sagging economy ... Employers don't hire when product isn't being sold ... the market is at a standstill.

Economists describe cyclical unemployment as the result of businesses not having enough demand for labor to employ all those who are looking for work. The lack of employer demand comes from a lack of spending and consumption in the overall economy.
    http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cyclicalunemployment.asp

In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace In my brother friend,

2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127

This isn't what we discussed

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    :rofl:

Then you can't remember our conversation:facepalm:

4. mywordsfly

mywordsfly Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +599
    Er, not sure what you two are discussing there, inside joke or whatever, but please can I speak on the idea that unemployment is inevitable.

I disagree for many reasons that there is NO WAY for the Unemployment rate to be 0%.

Here's why:
    In societies where one HAS to have winners and losers (for someone to be "rich" for example, there ALSO (equally) has to be someone "poor" to even it out), then YES, it IS impossible to have 0% employment rate.
    We literally (or should I say I literally) live in a world where in order for me to be "successful" and have a nice car, house, extra cash laying about, impress my family, ladeeda THEN (conversly) somebody ELSE must have "missed out", made a "bad decision", wrong place wrong time, etc.
    This is all in the fight for us all to equally have finite resources. Makes not so much sense.

Many of us in America can attest to this I think--bums, poor, and vagabonds have been a large part of American society simply based on the fact that America was BUILT on the poor/disadvantaged man's back to supplement the rich.

NOW:
    Let's focus on OTHER communities in which a more (shall I say it) TRIBAL aspect was in place.

I am sure that the Native Americans, for example, when they were hundreds of thousands strong, would not even know what we MEAN by unemployment, because NATURALLY (if one used common sense) EVERYONE should be used to further the community and those within it.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

And, your point is well taken and well made, as it relates to Tribal communities :toast:

I get it, and long for a return to that kind of society, were there was nearly equal distribution.

6. mywordsfly

mywordsfly Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +599
    Me too. It's the youth in me, raging for a world that functions.

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

Oh really, how old are you, if I may ask. If you don't wish to go public, answer in private.

8. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Tru dat brutha Clyde. Kem is also not taking into account special interest groups like the folks for animals.(I forget their name)

Case in point....

Here in Wa, state, about 15 years now. This group put the spotted owl on the endangered list. Saw mills closed up all over the place because they could not cut any trees that these owls lived in. Many people were unemployable because jobs they did, or equipment they operated was not applicable outside of the saw mills. And these were people that didn't have an education, and they had worked many of those jobs all of their adult life.

I'll see if I can't find the story because about 10 years after that, they said they made a mistake, the owl in question was a mutt. Not endangered at all, but the damage was done. You can still see the results of that mistake today here in Washington.

Peace!

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

Yup! We got into this the other night with Ken Taylor, the new guy, it was a ridiculous conversation on DesteeLive. Hence, I promised and posted the facts.

At that moment in time, I couldn't get neither of them to at least admit that jobs must be available that the economy is in a down turn; their sole point was about saggy pants, and Ken had a problem with getting poor service from black McDonalds and better service from white McDonalds :rofl: ... it was pathetic.

But today, all workers are striking at McDonald's:rofl: :wow:

I promised myself, never to indulge in such absurdity again bro. Enki ...

10. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    :toast::toast:

"As soon as you think you are out...they drag you back in":lol:

You know that game bruh...deflection. Like i said, this is just one game played by those that can't defend their position.

Bruh..facts is hard hitting..and some times you get the wind knocked out of you....:box:

...it's like [email protected]..where did those come from...:rofl:

Peace!