Black People : Some people would like to think that the unemployment rate might one day fall to 0%.

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Kemetstry

... As promised bro. Kemetstry, the facts about zero unemployment, also, gotcha:), you and Ken both laughed last night after the broadcast was over about you being obnoxious during the show :wow:

It's not a good look when anyone overrides Sister Destee at the mic on her Show ... This is not pandering, so don't even go there:) ... Face the music instead, you have alot to offer(Destee kept saying this), but become overbearing and impolite in its delivery ... again, this is meant in the spirit of Constructive Criticism, only, nothing personal.

Population and Employment
Types of Unemployment

Some people would like to think that the unemployment rate might one day fall to 0%. In this situation there would be no people out of work – everyone who was looking for a job would have one.

Although this might sound like an excellent idea, the reality is that it isn’t possible. To understand why, you will need to learn about the following types of unemployment:

Cyclical Unemployment: When there is a lack of aggregate demand in the economy, some people will become unemployed. These people are said to be cyclically unemployed. You should recall that earlier in your study of Economics you learned about the Business Cycle. It is from this model that cyclical unemployment gets its name; when we experience an economic downturn (or a recession), the number of people unemployed will increase. These people are said to be cyclically unemployed.

suggested reading:

http://economics.mrwood.com.au/unit2/population/population4.asp

No amount of straightening up, pulling up or training our young folk suffices, when the demand for workers is negatively affected by a sagging economy ... Employers don't hire when product isn't being sold ... the market is at a standstill.

Economists describe cyclical unemployment as the result of businesses not having enough demand for labor to employ all those who are looking for work. The lack of employer demand comes from a lack of spending and consumption in the overall economy.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cyclicalunemployment.asp

In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace In my brother friend,

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Kemetstry

... As promised bro. Kemetstry,the facts about zero unemployment, also, gotcha:), you and Ken both laughed last night after the broadcast was over about you being obnoxious during the show :wow:

It's not a good look when anyone overrides Sister Destee at the mic on her Show ... This is not pandering, so don't even go there:) ... Face the music instead, you have alot to offer(Destee kept saying this), but become overbearing and impolite in its delivery ... again, this is meant in the spirit of Constructive Criticism, only, nothing personal.

Population and Employment
Types of Unemployment

Some people would like to think that the unemployment rate might one day fall to 0%. In this situation there would be no people out of work – everyone who was looking for a job would have one.

Although this might sound like an excellent idea, the reality is that it isn’t possible. To understand why, you will need to learn about the following types of unemployment:

Cyclical Unemployment: When there is a lack of aggregate demand in the economy, some people will become unemployed. These people are said to be cyclically unemployed. You should recall that earlier in your study of Economics you learned about the Business Cycle. It is from this model that cyclical unemployment gets its name; when we experience an economic downturn (or a recession), the number of people unemployed will increase. These people are said to be cyclically unemployed.

suggested reading:

http://economics.mrwood.com.au/unit2/population/population4.asp

No amount of straightening up, pulling up or training our young folk suffices, when the demand for workers is negatively affected by a sagging economy ... Employers don't hire when product isn't being sold ... the market is at a standstill.

Economists describe cyclical unemployment as the result of businesses not having enough demand for labor to employ all those who are looking for work. The lack of employer demand comes from a lack of spending and consumption in the overall economy.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cyclicalunemployment.asp

In the Spirit of Sankofa, Peace In my brother friend,

This isn't what we discussed

Er, not sure what you two are discussing there, inside joke or whatever, but please can I speak on the idea that unemployment is inevitable.

I disagree for many reasons that there is NO WAY for the Unemployment rate to be 0%.

Here's why:
In societies where one HAS to have winners and losers (for someone to be "rich" for example, there ALSO (equally) has to be someone "poor" to even it out), then YES, it IS impossible to have 0% employment rate.
We literally (or should I say I literally) live in a world where in order for me to be "successful" and have a nice car, house, extra cash laying about, impress my family, ladeeda THEN (conversly) somebody ELSE must have "missed out", made a "bad decision", wrong place wrong time, etc.
This is all in the fight for us all to equally have finite resources. Makes not so much sense.

Many of us in America can attest to this I think--bums, poor, and vagabonds have been a large part of American society simply based on the fact that America was BUILT on the poor/disadvantaged man's back to supplement the rich.

NOW:
Let's focus on OTHER communities in which a more (shall I say it) TRIBAL aspect was in place.

I am sure that the Native Americans, for example, when they were hundreds of thousands strong, would not even know what we MEAN by unemployment, because NATURALLY (if one used common sense) EVERYONE should be used to further the community and those within it.

Er, not sure what you two are discussing there, inside joke or whatever, but please can I speak on the idea that unemployment is inevitable.

I disagree for many reasons that there is NO WAY for the Unemployment rate to be 0%.

Here's why:
In societies where one HAS to have winners and losers (for someone to be "rich" for example, there ALSO (equally) has to be someone "poor" to even it out), then YES, it IS impossible to have 0% employment rate.
We literally (or should I say I literally) live in a world where in order for me to be "successful" and have a nice car, house, extra cash laying about, impress my family, ladeeda THEN (conversly) somebody ELSE must have "missed out", made a "bad decision", wrong place wrong time, etc.
This is all in the fight for us all to equally have finite resources. Makes not so much sense.

Many of us in America can attest to this I think--bums, poor, and vagabonds have been a large part of American society simply based on the fact that America was BUILT on the poor/disadvantaged man's back to supplement the rich.

NOW:
Let's focus on OTHER communities in which a more (shall I say it) TRIBAL aspect was in place.

I am sure that the Native Americans, for example, when they were hundreds of thousands strong, would not even know what we MEAN by unemployment, because NATURALLY (if one used common sense) EVERYONE should be used to further the community and those within it.

And, your point is well taken and well made, as it relates to Tribal communities :toast:

I get it, and long for a return to that kind of society, were there was nearly equal distribution.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back