Black People : Some people find this STRANGE. I don't but...

Ionlyspeaktruth

BANNED
Feb 26, 2008
I am in the process of helping my ex girlfriends son with college. His mother and I do not like each other but I dont think that matters. I would talk to her but she has been very nasty towards me in the past. (I do say hello to her) however, I consider him a son to me and NEVER speak bad about her to him. his mom and I have a mutual friend who thinks I am nuts! (who me?):laugh: but I dont think that one relationship has anything to do with another. Ok, I know I am a little shall we say "different" but is this so off base?

Simply Commendable

Ionlyspeaktruth said:
I am in the process of helping my ex girlfriends son with college. His mother and I do not like each other but I dont think that matters. I would talk to her but she has been very nasty towards me in the past. (I do say hello to her) however, I consider him a son to me and NEVER speak bad about her to him. his mom and I have a mutual friend who thinks I am nuts! (who me?):laugh: but I dont think that one relationship has anything to do with another. Ok, I know I am a little shall we say "different" but is this so off base?

I think you will/have become an excellent role model for that young man which appears to be unconditional support.

Ionlyspeaktruth said:
this sounds very commendable in this day and age to want to help a young man get ahead who's not related to you,sounds like what we as black men should be doing more of...cudos to you.

Ionlyspeaktruth said:
Logically speaking it is not off base. You can't be a boyfriend to everyone's mother that you help. If that is a requirement for you helping someone I'm telling you right now my mother has a boyfriend. :)

He is a person that you have found interest in helping and he needs help. More of us should help each other. Now, if he doesn't want you to help him then any assistance you attempt to give him ain't gonna be viewed by him as help. And may even be viewed as harm. As long as he wants your assistance and you can minimize conflict in your interaction with his mother it's all good...so to speak.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back