Black Spirituality Religion : Some of The egyption pharaos had a snake on their costume cap (had) Why was that?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Auroraflower, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Auroraflower

Auroraflower Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +35
    just a question...?

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    I think brotha Samurai can answer this for you sistah.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    in some systems the serpent represents a deity.
    not sure about Kemet.
    we'll see.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE AURORA:

The serpent, whose proper name is UAT'CHET (pronounced "OOH-WAH-JET" is a Goddess deity that represents divine insight, preminition, the power of discernment, etc.

This symbol usually accompanies the vulture Goddess NEKHEBET, who represents ancestry, connection to the past, etc.

Together, they are supposed to give the Sheqhem (KING) and Sheqhet (QUEEN) the ability to rule with a logical as well as intuitive mindstate.

Anyways, that's the jist of it, but if you have more questions please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

PEACE

5. SUN OF RA

SUN OF RA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +6
    If I may add to what brother SAMURAI36 has stated...........

The symbol of divinity of the so-called "pharoahs" was the serpent on their forehead. One of the titles given to the so-called "pharoah" was "Lord of the Diadem of the vulture and the serpent". The diadem is comprised of the serpent (symbollic of divine intellect) and the vulture (symbolic of reconciliation).

The serpent represents intellect, the faculty by which man can break down the whole into parts, just as the serpent that swallows its prey whole, and then digests(breaks down) it into parts.

The double-serpent also represents the dual powers residing in man. The divine man must be able to distinguish and reconcile. Last but not least, the part of the diadem located on the forehead represents the "third eye" and all its intellect.

I hope this helps.

Htp.u

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486

peace,

what the west has taken and turned against us and calls the snake the devil but to us it was a sign of what some call "God"............(Intelligence) - not A GOD that was WORSHIPED, but GOD which again equals as Ra said a LEVEL (if you will) of INTELLIGENCE>.............

-this is all I've been trying to say but was not "intelligent" enough to do so!!

7. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Why did the serpent become a symbol of evil in the Christian tradition?

8. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey isn't that interesting the serpent represents intelligence in Egyptian mythology and in the Garden of Eden he is first temptation was about Knowledge of Good and Evil?

On the outside of alot of doctor offices they usually have a snake wrapped around a pole or two snakes wrapped around a pole. I think there might be a connection. The word science alot of times is used as a synonym for the word knowledge. I heard one person say that Cain was the first scientist because his knowledge about the earth or ground was great.

9. AUM

AUM Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Quite simply, One man's God can be another man's Devil.

10. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Let's be clear here:

There are several serpents in Kemetic lore, but only 2 or 3 of them are/were considered positive.

The snake you speak of, NACASCH in Hebrew canon, was the serpent of temptation.

Like nearly everything Hebraic, NACASCH comes from the Kemetic NAKUS, which is the serpent of.......Guess what? TEMPTATION.

You're speaking of the CADUCEUS.

This symbol:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Caduceus_large.jpg

Was founded by our great ancestor, the Doctor, Scientist, Artist, Priest and King IMHOTEP.

It is 2 snakes winding upwards around a winged staff, which was the symbol for medicine. It represented that the same properties that could be used to harm, could also be used to heal.

It also represented the dual spiritual energies moving up to the Crown Seat of God, or on a scientific level, bio-synaptic energy moving up the spine (KUNDALINI) to and from the brain.

The word CADUCEUS is actually a Greek (mis)transliteration for KADJUJET, which loosely means healing.

This is one of the many African/Kemetic symbols that the White man has stolen for himself, to represent ancient ideals that he really doesn't understand.

Speaking of which:

PEACE KARMA:
    Oh, make no mistake, the serpent represents evil in Kemetic spirituality as well, just not all of them.

Aside from NAKUS that I already mentioned, you have APEP (one of SET's serpentine forms), and QUTSUTEF, one of SET's many reptilian legions.

Thus, Christianity took the "evil" aspect of Kemet, but didn't complete the entire cypher, by adding the positive aspect.

As to your question though, we need to continuously look at the big picture, when it comes to Christianity; the fact remains, that is is merely an amalgam of various ancient theologies, (poorly) rolled into one.

HOTEPU