Africa : Some black people do not consider Africans black people???

MississippiRed

Aug 11, 2004
There is nothing insulting about being called Black ........each to his/her own but to me Black is at times the only thing some of us can be called.....Militant if you want to give up on Black folk in America that's cool a lot of Africans gave up on us a long time ago......you say that and in the same breath put down Nigerians and Tanzanians yet call for unity......

Sounds like talking out of both sides of ya neck to me......the Africans I've met in life save for one or two have treated me like old dog ish even to the point of even telling me that I shouldn't even call myself Black......the older I get the more I believe the best thing for someone in my and my kids position to do is complete withdrawal unto ourselves because on both sides of the fence is nothing but animosity...

like I've said before sometimes the arrogance is simply amazing......we argue over what ......semantics ....words.....what we should be called.......is this what we choose to spend our time and energy on ? It's completely ridiculous.......then some of us have the nerve to talk about building . ISH .....we want to build but only with those of like mind and perspective anyone that looks different or doesn't see things the same way are ostracized ....Those that think they have Knowledge put down those that they believe don't , those who want to be called African put down those who call themselves Black, and on and on and on and on ........

Until we can stop arguing and bickering over Bullish we'll never have or achieve anything ......and this even goes to the ones who wouldn't include me or my children in the mix ( excuse the pun) but whether yall include me and those like me or not nothing is ever achieve by those focusing on differences instead of similarities........and arguing over whether Black folk consider Africans Black or whether Africans consider us African is irrelevant completely.....we're more worried about what to call ourselves than taking care of ourselves and our youth and elders ......anyway that's my rant yall do what yall want to do yall are grown as for me I'm raising mine to focus on the real issues of life not the little BS.....

MississippiRed

Strength & Honor

anAfrican

Feb 1, 2005
StreetNationEarth: Seattle
Occupation
The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
I keep trying but can't figure out where to start with this mess. But I'll just take this one as a barometer:
Kemetkind said:
The word "Africa" doesn't mean anything special.
smh ... ok, if you say so ...

I can't stop you from posting; I can't even stop you from "responding" to my posts. It will be very difficult to refrain, but I'm just gonna ignore you as not being worth my while.

I toss up a general statement, and you come back "doesn't get any sillier than that". And were I to suggest that I don't appreciate this bit of name calling, which would fit in with some comments that have been termed an "attack" in some cases, I suppose "someone" would say something about handling the heat in the kitchen.

I suppose "proud American" could be gleaned from my tone; and I suppose that "GI" could even follow from the fact that I'm a Vet. But that "US GI" I tossed up comes from the inside joke that armed forces personnel have been using forever: children born to those in the military are said to be "government issue". But, hey; with the way you have mangled what I said and picked out the bits that you wanted to call attention to, out of context with the rest of what was said, it's no wonder: you had to dig deep and twist hard to get your little digs in ... well, guess I should toss out the "little": being the consumate western businessman that you are, these things come natural to you, don't they?

I guess I'm just gonna hafta grab me some of that western rudeness and not respond to your "responses" to anything that I have to say.

Goodbye Kemetkind.

OmowaleX

Jun 23, 2002
Aztlan
Occupation
Educator
MississippiRed said:
There is nothing insulting about being called Black ........each to his/her own but to me Black is at times the only thing some of us can be called.....Militant if you want to give up on Black folk in America that's cool a lot of Africans gave up on us a long time ago......you say that and in the same breath put down Nigerians and Tanzanians yet call for unity......

Sounds like talking out of both sides of ya neck to me......the Africans I've met in life save for one or two have treated me like old dog ish even to the point of even telling me that I shouldn't even call myself Black......the older I get the more I believe the best thing for someone in my and my kids position to do is complete withdrawal unto ourselves because on both sides of the fence is nothing but animosity...

like I've said before sometimes the arrogance is simply amazing......we argue over what ......semantics ....words.....what we should be called.......is this what we choose to spend our time and energy on ? It's completely ridiculous.......then some of us have the nerve to talk about building . ISH .....we want to build but only with those of like mind and perspective anyone that looks different or doesn't see things the same way are ostracized ....Those that think they have Knowledge put down those that they believe don't , those who want to be called African put down those who call themselves Black, and on and on and on and on ........

Until we can stop arguing and bickering over Bullish we'll never have or achieve anything ......and this even goes to the ones who wouldn't include me or my children in the mix ( excuse the pun) but whether yall include me and those like me or not nothing is ever achieve by those focusing on differences instead of similarities........and arguing over whether Black folk consider Africans Black or whether Africans consider us African is irrelevant completely.....we're more worried about what to call ourselves than taking care of ourselves and our youth and elders ......anyway that's my rant yall do what yall want to do yall are grown as for me I'm raising mine to focus on the real issues of life not the little BS.....

MississippiRed

Strength & Honor
Excellent post brother Red!

"we're more worried about what to call ourselves than taking care of ourselves and our youth and elders."

Yes Sir...and this is the tragic part!

kemetkind

Oct 8, 2005
anAfrican said:
I keep trying but can't figure out where to start with this mess. But I'll just take this one as a barometer: smh ... ok, if you say so ...

I can't stop you from posting; I can't even stop you from "responding" to my posts. It will be very difficult to refrain, but I'm just gonna ignore you as not being worth my while.

I toss up a general statement, and you come back "doesn't get any sillier than that". And were I to suggest that I don't appreciate this bit of name calling, which would fit in with some comments that have been termed an "attack" in some cases, I suppose "someone" would say something about handling the heat in the kitchen.

I suppose "proud American" could be gleaned from my tone; and I suppose that "GI" could even follow from the fact that I'm a Vet. But that "US GI" I tossed up comes from the inside joke that armed forces personnel have been using forever: children born to those in the military are said to be "government issue". But, hey; with the way you have mangled what I said and picked out the bits that you wanted to call attention to, out of context with the rest of what was said, it's no wonder: you had to dig deep and twist hard to get your little digs in ... well, guess I should toss out the "little": being the consumate western businessman that you are, these things come natural to you, don't they?

I guess I'm just gonna hafta grab me some of that western rudeness and not respond to your "responses" to anything that I have to say.

Goodbye Kemetkind.
It is silly for one american Black person to call another american Black person "Obruni".

That is not me calling you silly nor me attacking you, that is my characterization of the ACT of you calling another black person "Obruni" as silly.

militant

Jun 21, 2005
Destee said:
Brother Militant ... i hate reading the above ... :cry: ... don't give up on us, please. We need you. I need you.

:heart:

Destee
Thank you, and let me say, I have not given up. Sorry to insult you by making such an utterance.

I simply want to know why we are the only race that twists and turns and beats around the bush on something as fundamental as defining our very own identity and origin?

A race than cannot even agree on who they are or where they come from is a non-starter and a failure from the beginning. That is why black communites have failed every where in the world. We have no valid concept of who we are or how we fit in the world.

This needs to change.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: