Pan Africanism : Some black people do not consider Africans black people???

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by dustyelbow, Dec 7, 2006.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
  2. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
  3. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    some black people...

of course you know that there are africans that don't call themselves black.

4. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

Yes, my brother, I do.

And that is the SOURCE of the confusion and how many of US ended up here in the first place.

PEACE

5. GHETTOAMBITION

GHETTOAMBITION Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    dis is so true, tell it like it is

6. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    Some may consider Blacks here in Amerikkka watered down Africans. We have to be bigger and reach out,because we are still brothers!

Love her constantly,consistently,and with concern!

7. Bluewater

Bluewater Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Praising The Lord
    Ratings:
    +44
    The African and African-American paradox
    As the article stated it is paradox
    Everyone needs to remember that , our ancestor were slaves in this country, and the culture of Africa was beaten and stripped from them, and so nothing was pass on to US about our beginning except that our grandparents, grandparents and so on was once slave.

I as an African America wants to re-define ourselves, and it’s a mess. Because there is so much European interference that block our growth. And it wasn't until the late 60's that we learned to a point about the mother land
    Africa, and if it wasn't for the internet we would know less. So it is a struggle that is still carrying on.

The African immigrants that migrated to this country, brings with them there culture; hundreds of years of family construction and value that was stripped from our ancestors.

Here is an example of the treatment of our ancestors in this country;
    The kidnapping and rape of the women who were stolen from African were force to have sex with multiples men to produce children.
    The children taken out of the mothers arms and sold like live stock in the present of there parents and sibblings, so they dare not have any attachement to there young
    The kidnap African men was beaten repeatedly , torture and death to some if they tried to defend the women, or stop the slave owner from, taken their children away and selling them.

And it is sad to say that some of these factors still carry on in this day and time.

So they would have a hard time in understanding US unless they study the history of the African American people in this country. Just as we as African descendent is studying the
    Africa culture that we were never apart of because of the horrid things that have been done to our ancestors during the Slave Trade

Ashe

8. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    WRONG! CAN YOU HONESTLY TELL ME THAT WHEN I POST IN THIS FORUM, YALL DONT SAY "THE AFRICAN DUDE HAS POSTED SOMETHING AGAIN, LETS ACT LIKE WE WELCOME HIM OR I DONT NEED TO GRACE HIS REPLIES".

HOW MANY AFRICA MESSAGEBOARDS HAVE YOU VISITED IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFETIME?

MATTER OF FACT, IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO HAS VISITED AN AFRICAN FORUM?

NOW COUNT HOW MANY AFRICANS VISIT THIS FORUM? I SWEAR ON MY LIFE, THE FIRST FEW THINGS A NIGERIAN AND MANY NIGERIANS I MEET TELL ME IS HOW WE CAN REACH OUT AND BRIDGE THE DIVIDE.

HOW MANY ARE SAID "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MILITANT" OR WAS HE FORGOTTEN, OR WAS HE AFRICAN????

DO YOU STILL BLINDLY MAINTAIN THAT YALL CONSIDER ME BLACK, AND THAT IGNORANCE BREEDS IGNORANCE??

9. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

Why take offense.

IGNORANCE DOES BREED IGNORANCE.

Regardless of the source.

This is not a personal matter but I LIVE with an "African" name.

So, I SEE and EXPERIENCE ignorance, from both sides.

As far as "how many African message boards have you visited in your entire lifetime"....quite a number. And I have had quite an extensive contact with "Africans" as my family used to be in the import/export business and my father OWNED and OPERATED an "African" Restaurant for close to 15 years.

So I do not "blindly" blame anyone for anything.

My OPINIONS are based on my experience.

For example, since you ask....

http://www.blacknet.co.uk/chat

Before I came back to Destee.com last year (I remember when this site was part of AFRONET), I used to post at the above site and Blackplanet.com

If you have spent any time at the above site (in the link) you would know that it has been shut down several times and MOST of the "Africans" view "AA's" as "Westerners".

I got so tired of this divisive mentality that I stopped posting and returned to Destee.com because at least there are a few folks here, such as brothers Aquil and Oldsoul, who I have learned from.

I can also refer you to some "Nigerian" sites which are not very receptive of "AA's" and are also rather internally divided between Christians and Muslims.

As I stated, we must examine the SOURCE of this division, in a critical manner, for US to understand how WE got here in the first place. In the face of all reaction and opposition to do so.

If WE do not do so in a critical manner how else will we remedy our internal conflicts and division?

10. ShemsiEnTehuti

ShemsiEnTehuti Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    I have a problem with the title of this thread...

Some black people do not consider Africans black people???

Hmmm...so called "black people" in America should not even be considering themselves "black" using a European/White lexicon. I am an African man, merely displaced in the West. Yes, nationally I am "African-American", but I am African at heart, mind, and spirit, therefore, the African comes first. "Black" tells me nothing about who and what I am, as well as where I have come from. Therefore, I don't consider people like the brother Omowale or any other Africans as "black people" either. They are simply another thread in the outstanding unified cultural fabric of Continental and Diasporic Africans.