Black Spirituality Religion : SOLUTIONS TO PHILOSOPHICAL PROBLEMS...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Aqil, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    Q. What is truth?
    A. Idea identical with being.

Q. What is reality?
    A. Knowledge identical with being.

Q. What is reason?
    A. The Word identical with being.

Q. What is justice?
    A. The motive of acts identical with being.

Q. What is the absolute?
    A. Being.

Q. Can one conceive anything superior to being?
    A. No; but one conceives in being itself…something super-eminent and transcendental.

Q. What is that?
    A. The supreme reason of being.

Q. Do you know it, and can you define it?
    A. Faith alone affirms it, and names it God.

Q. Is there anything above truth?
    A. Above known truth, there is unknown truth.

Q. How can one construct reasonable hypotheses with regard to this truth?
    A. By analogy and proportion.

Q. How can one define it?
    A. By the symbols of faith.

Q. Can one say of reality the same thing as of truth?
    A. Exactly the same thing.

Q. Is there anything above reason?

A. Above finite reason, there is infinite reason.

Q. What is infinite reason?
    A. It is that supreme reason of being that faith calls God.

Q. Is there anything above justice?
    A. Yes; according to faith, there is the Providence of God, and the sacrifice of man.

Q. What is this sacrifice?
    A. It is the willing and spontaneous surrender of right.

Q. Is this sacrifice reasonable?
    A. No; it is a kind of folly greater than reason, for reason is forced to admire it.

Q. What does one call a man who acts according to truth, reality, reason and justice?
    A. A moral man.

Q. And if he sacrifices his interests to justice?
    A. A man of honor.

Q. And if in order to imitate the grandeur and goodness of God he does more than his duty, and sacrifices his right to the good of others?
    A. A hero.

Q. What is the principle of true heroism?
    A. Faith.

Q. What is its support?
    A. Hope.

Q. And its rule?
    A. Charity.

Q. What is good?
    A. Order.

Q. What is evil?
    A. Disorder.

Q. What is permissible pleasure?
    A. Enjoyment of order.

Q. What is forbidden pleasure?
    A. Enjoyment of disorder.

Q What are the consequences of each?
    A. Moral life and moral death.

Q. Has then hell, with all its horrors, its justification in religious dogma?
    A. Yes; it is a rigorous consequence of a principle.

Q. What is this principle?
    A. Liberty.

Q. What is liberty?
    A. The right to do one’s duty, with the possibility of not doing it.

Q. What is failing in one’s duty?
    A. It involves the loss of one’s right. Now, right being eternal, to lose it is to suffer an eternal loss.

Q. Can one repair a fault?
    A. Yes; by expiation.

Q. What is expiation?
    A. Working overtime. Thus, because I was lazy yesterday, I had to do a double task today.

Q. What are we to think of those who impose on themselves voluntary sufferings?
    A. If they do so in order to overcome the brutal fascination of pleasure, they are wise; if to suffer instead of others, they are generous; but if they do it without discretion and without measure, they are imprudent.

Q. Thus, in the eyes of true philosophy, religion is wise in all that it ordains?
    A. You see that it is so.

Q. What if, after all, we were deceived in our eternal hopes?
    A. Faith does not admit that doubt. But philosophy herself should reply that all the pleasures of the Earth are not worth one day of wisdom, and that all the triumphs of ambition are not worth a single minute of heroism and charity.

(Eliphas Levi, "The Key of the Mysteries," translated by Aleister Crowley, 1969, Rider & Company, London, pp.80-82)

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Aqil ... these are, i'd imagine, Aleister Crowley's answers to these questions ... who is he and where did he "translate" them from, the mouth of God? Not that i disagree, but am i to just take his word? What are your answers to these same questions? The same as Aleister Crowley's? If someone has different responses, are they automatically wrong and he's right?

What is "being"? The "absolute," since absolute is being?

In regard to the repeated questions for Sister Gempis and i, what is "order?" Is it "good," since it is order (according to the above)?

If it is "good", won't that be different for everyone? Since everyone has their own opinion of what good is? So their "permissible pleasure" may vary from Aleister Crowley's, or yours if their "good" differs.

It seems a confusing and vicious cycle of this person's opinion. Perhaps you can break all of this down so that it is clearer and can be applied by someone not as knowledgeable as Aleister Crowley and yourself ... because i'm not seeing (all) the wisdom in this ... which is why you shared it, i'm sure. You might want to start with defining "PHILOSOPHICAL PROBLEMS" ... cause i didn't know i had any. :)

:heart:

Destee

3. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    My thread is from a book (as I noted at the end) written by the French occultist Eliphas Levi, titled The Key of the Mysteries. It was translated (as I also noted) from the French by Aleister Crowley...

First let me say that the author is Eliphas Levi...secondly, let me say that I don't disagree with his answers...

No.

I would say that being is existing (and vice-versa)...like you and I exist as human beings...in The Absolute there is no “truthfulness” or “falsehood”; no “right” and no “wrong”; no “yes” and no “no.” There is a difference...

The question is asked, "What is good?" The answer is "order," which is the opposite of disorder. The word "chaos," from which disorder manifests, is the opposite of "cosmos," from which comes order...

Order is good...it comes from God, and it has always been our testimony that God is good...

According to Eliphas levi, permissible pleasure is the enjoyment of order, and forbidden pleasure is the enjoyment of disorder...I overstand this.

Confusing, maybe, but certainly not vicious, Destee...

I'll do the best I can, to all that query...and yes, the wisdom contained in this particular section of Eliphas Levi's book is the reason why I posted the thread. It was very enlightening to me...

Well, the actual title of this particular section of the book is, "Solution of the Philosophical Problems," taken from Part II...which is titled, "Philosophical Mysteries." I never said you had any "philosophical problems"...I could never say that you had problems of any kind...unless I found them in your chart...:)

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hi Brother Aqil ... thank you for responding to me. I see that i got the author mixed up, okay, kewl. I don't know him either. Thanks for sharing a little about him.

French Occultist? Gosh ... that sounds like a topic.

I thought you were sending me some sort of subliminal message, sharing solutions to philosophical problems you thought i had (or had with me) ... since you mentioned my name ... good to know that's not the case ... and good to know if you saw some, you'd tell me.

I think i'll read this all over again, now that i have more information to help me understand ... and there's no reason for me to take it personal ... :wink:

Much Much Love and Peace.

Destee

5. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    You're welcome Destee...I could never be subliminal with you...

6. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Re: The enjoyment of permissible pleasure (i.e., order).

Imagine how enjoyable conceiving a child would be if parents chose God's way of doing this, i.e., planning the conception of a child - down to the date and time of birth - for the main purpose of parent/child compatibility. A comprehensive knowledge of astrology is necessary to accomplish this. Let me explain:

In my thread titled, "Man's Mating Season," I start by quoting the following Biblical verse:

“To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under the Heavens: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2)

If mankind understood and held in obeisance this great universal law – said by Ecclesiastes the Preacher some 3,000 years ago – the word “abortion” would be nonexistent in terms of human life. And so would the births of deformed, mentally deranged, and/or physically handicapped human beings, which are – unfortunately (and in real terms) – aberrations of nature...

These kinds of unnatural births would not occur if mankind realized that the universal law that is embodied in this profound Biblical verse is also applicable in the propagation of the human species...

“A Time to Plant”

To be assured of a good harvest, the farmer selects the best soil for his crop and the best time to plant his seed. The best time involves the zodiac sign the Moon is in and its phases. A bad crop is assured if he plants his seed in bad soil – or if he selects good soil but plants his seed at the wrong time...

The same principles apply in the generation of human life, for – just as in all other forms of life – man too, has a mating season. And, like the farmer, if man deposits his seed in bad soil (i.e., an incompatible or unhealthy female), or at the wrong time, his offspring will be bad – at best mediocre...

65% of all people born under the sign Cancer (June 21-July 22) are physical weaklings from birth. Anyone can verify this from the birthdays of friends and acquaintances. Remember, however, that 35% are not weaklings. The reason so many (although they may live quite beyond the average) are never well and almost constantly manifest some symptom or other is because they are born with a deficiency of calcium fluoride (the Cancer mineral) and calcium phosphate (the Capricorn mineral). Capricorn is the polar opposite of Cancer. Most Cancer people are born undernourished because they do not have sufficient corpuscles created by the spleen...

Because Cancer is the natural conception sign, it is unnatural to be born during this period (i.e., between June 21st and July 22nd). One is working against nature, and consequently suffers in health...

If birth occurs when the Sun is in Cancer, conception would have had to occur during the Sun’s transit of Libra, the sign of its fall and therefore its weakest sign position. The Sun is weak in Libra because at this time of the year (September 23-October 23) the Sun is shorn of its power. It prepares to go down into the darkness and coldness of winter, for heat is withdrawn into the earth. Man is not to copulate for purposes of procreation during this time...

Man's mating season (for purposes of procreation) is during the Sun's transit of the sign Cancer (June 21-July 22), when the Sun is in the zenith of the Heavens. Its rays are most direct and hottest at this time, and therefore this is the most propitious time to conceive...

“A Time to Be Born”

If conception occurs when the Sun is in Cancer, birth occurs when the Sun is in Aries (March 20th-April 20th), the first sign of the zodiac. Aries people are fiery and born leaders, because the ego is brought to birth at the resurrection time of nature, in the spring, when cosmic forces are most powerful and the intake of vital energy by the physical body is very great. Those born during this time of the year are energetic and possess a great supply of reserve energy. And although some are described as delicate looking, they are surprisingly strong and have wonderful recuperative powers...

It is said in The 6th and 7th Books of Moses that: “In Aries, the sign of the Ram, the vegetables of earth obtain new vigor, the trees sap and females become better adapted to propagate the human species. In this sign the fecundity of all creatures is limited and regulated.” Thus if conception occurs when the Sun is in Aries – the sign of the Sun’s exaltation – birth occurs when the Sun is in Capricorn (December 22-January 19), the sign of the statesman and the diplomat...

There are many wonderful egos awaiting birth, and when conception is no longer subjected to unbridled lust; when two people who truly love and respect each other wish for children, they will not only make careful preparations by correcting chemical deficiencies, but will choose that time when nature brings all things to birth. How many are there today who are even thinking about such a plan? The answer to this question gives us the key to the present chaotic condition of humanity...

The following table provides the complete cosmic information, showing both the favorable and unfavorable times of the year for conception:

Conception......................... Progeny

Aries (3/20-4/20)*...................Capricorn
    Taurus (4/21-5/21)...................Aquarius
    Gemini (5/22-6/21)...................Pisces
    Cancer (6/22-7/23)**.................Aries
    Leo (7/24-8/23)***...................Taurus
    Virgo (8/24-9/23)....................Gemini
    Libra (9/24-10/23)****...............Cancer
    Scorpio (10/24-11/22)................Leo
    Sagittarius (11/23-12/21)............Virgo
    Capricorn (12/22-1/20)...............Libra
    Aquarius (1/21-2/19)*****............Scorpio
    Pisces (2/20-3/20)...................Sagittarius

*The exaltation of the Sun – a most propitious time to conceive...:love:

**The dignity of the Moon, i.e., man’s mating season – the most propitious time to conceive...:love:

***The dignity of the Sun – a most propitious time to conceive...:love:

**** The fall of the Sun – man is not to conceive during this time...:nono:

*****The detriment of the Sun – an unfavorable time to conceive...:nono:

“To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under the Heavens: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted...” (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2)

7. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Re: Man's mating season:

To be assured of a good harvest, the farmer selects the best soil for his crop and the best time to plant his seed. The best time involves the zodiac sign the Moon is in and its phases. A bad crop is assured if he plants his seed in bad soil – or if he selects good soil but plants his seed at the wrong time...

The same principles apply in the generation of human life, for – just as in all other forms of life – man too, has a mating season. And, like the farmer, if man deposits his seed in bad soil (i.e., an incompatible or unhealthy female), or at the wrong time, his offspring will be bad – at best mediocre...

8. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Because Cancer is the natural conception sign, it is unnatural to be born during the Sun's transit of this sign (i.e., June 21 - July 22). One is working against nature, and consequently suffers in health. It is also true, however, that in the process of evolution - which none can avoid - one works with a certain degree of harmony on a lower plane of nature when physical conception takes place during the Sun's transit of Cancer. The ego is brought to birth at the resurrection time of nature - in the Spring - during the Sun's transit of Aries - when cosmic forces are most powerful and the intake of vital energy by the physical body is very great. Those born at this time usually have a great supply of reserve energy, and, although some are described as delicate looking, they are yet surprisingly strong, and have wonderful recuperative powers...

9. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    All of God's created beings in the animal kingdom have a mating season, including man, the rational animal. Man's mating season (for purposes of procreation) is during the Sun's transit of the sign Cancer (June 21-July 22), when the Sun is in the zenith of the Heavens. Its rays are most direct and hottest at this time, and therefore this is the most propitious time to conceive...

10. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Q. What is good?
    A. Order.

Q. What is evil?
    A. Disorder.

Q. What is permissible pleasure?
    A. Enjoyment of order.

Q. What is forbidden pleasure?
    A. Enjoyment of disorder.