Black People : Solutioneering.

Thank You both for the indepth replies, Queenie and Deepy....

Queen, You know that I agree with you when you say We must face the facts that nothing in society as a whole is going to change. I, faced and to a certain degree have accepted that there will always be racism and that We, in the African-American community are going to be it's chief Victims. I have also accepted the fact that There Are, In Fact, African-American Racists, who PREY For Our Destruction Too-- I know that they are Our Weak...and I accept they are there.
I think, too, that We have to accept that Police, in General, are a tool used in Our destruction...and We may have to forego their presence; for the presence of Communal Justice. I know that Vigilantism is not a good thing...but We have to do something?

I agree too, that We have to actively combat societal pressures that affect Us... but We already do that too... A big problem is that too manyof Us worry more about filling Our Bellies, instead of making sure the community is represented in the right manner. We have to stop uplifting those in Our community that does this.

Farrakhan has it right; We have to stop putting ineffective African-Americans in political offices.
We have to stop Our kids idolising Black Men who only want them so that they can live a Bling-Bling lifestyle and do nothing for the community. Not even speak to things that are threats to the Community.

Deepy: I don't know if a psychiartrist is the answer.... and in my mind, with all that goes on against Us... it is a miracle that We are not standing ontop of buildings picking people off. If Our mental strengths are beginning to erode, after all the stuff We have to face, We are still good. We have a right to have rage. African-Americans using their Love can do for Us what no Books ever can.

happy69
maybe i shouldn't use the word psychiatry...it seems to do something to us...let me say historically black people have always had someone to talk to..if it wasn't the preacher...it was the cook in the kitchen..or the "elders or elderess"...we always had a place to go and share our emotional selves..
someone who could/would help us through our difficulties...that, or course happened because we were familial, we shared with each other. why, how do you think the black muslim movement became so widespread in the prisons...they were there to talk to, to guide, to calm, to show a way of life, of living.They were there to help guide"the rage"/
I am not saying we should not have rage...of course we should...justifiably. just as we should have the fullest capacity for all emotions = the question comes to mind - how do we help the young energies and the old ones to to understand fully how to use these emotions to aid them, and "us/we"?
So maybe the concept of clinic doesn't have to be "pyschoanalysis"..but someones who can listen LISTEN...ask the right questions ...ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS..GUIDE A MIND TO SEE THEMSELVES, TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES, TO RELEASE THE FEELINGS, OPEN UP...SO THAT THEY CAN ALLOW OTHER IDEAS, MORE ENERGY TO FLOW IN.
I am not trained to do this...and sometimes I am blessed to make that connection with some one person...but their are so many of us who need that one on one with someone (I just thought of a haiku -i will put it in there)
and so I thought in a organized "clinic" (i use the word loosely)..people can stop in..discover someone they can begin to share with...but it has to be organized..because I believe so many of us might not go otherwise..

"

deepy said:
happy69
maybe i shouldn't use the word psychiatry...it seems to do something to us...let me say historically black people have always had someone to talk to..if it wasn't the preacher...it was the cook in the kitchen..or the "elders or elderess"...we always had a place to go and share our emotional selves..
someone who could/would help us through our difficulties...that, or course happened because we were familial, we shared with each other. why, how do you think the black muslim movement became so widespread in the prisons...they were there to talk to, to guide, to calm, to show a way of life, of living.They were there to help guide"the rage"/
I am not saying we should not have rage...of course we should...justifiably. just as we should have the fullest capacity for all emotions = the question comes to mind - how do we help the young energies and the old ones to to understand fully how to use these emotions to aid them, and "us/we"?
So maybe the concept of clinic doesn't have to be "pyschoanalysis"..but someones who can listen LISTEN...ask the right questions ...ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS..GUIDE A MIND TO SEE THEMSELVES, TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES, TO RELEASE THE FEELINGS, OPEN UP...SO THAT THEY CAN ALLOW OTHER IDEAS, MORE ENERGY TO FLOW IN.
I am not trained to do this...and sometimes I am blessed to make that connection with some one person...but their are so many of us who need that one on one with someone (I just thought of a haiku -i will put it in there)
and so I thought in a organized "clinic" (i use the word loosely)..people can stop in..discover someone they can begin to share with...but it has to be organized..because I believe so many of us might not go otherwise..

"

Thanks for the clarification; with it-- I can only concur. What you have described with your words, is exactly what I mean by "LOVE." We have to get Our communal baggage together. There are many on the ground trying to do that, I, myself, am one of the many... I understand the legacy of slavery and of all it's children and grandchildren... I don't know if it is the fact that we continually reach out for a "better" love and negate the love We already have? I feel the Love everytime a brother or sister does something that gets recognition and proudly proclaim that they are an African-American. I feel the Love when a brother or sister speaks to me on the streets by saying, "Hey, Sister." I mean if Our Love wasn't so powerful, why does it always have to be undermined by Society-at-Large... And why is it that WE CANNOT SEEM TO SEE IT!!!????

I agree 100% with you when you say that We have to stop carrying the rage around... and in this I think that each and every community has to come together and talk... intervene...I don't know. You are right, carrying this baggage around in detrimental to Our physical, emotional, and mental health.
We have rage; sometimes it is misplaced...

Sister Happy69

Sister Happy, please visit the "Black Currency" thread started by Brother Therious and add your two cents. I'd love to read your opinions on the topic, especially as you progress to the bottom of the thread.

Peace,
Queenie :spinstar:

Greetings Sister Happy,

Long time, no?

I wanted to share something I wrote a while that this discussion thread got me thinking about. Hopefully, this piece fits the thread somewhat. Excerpt from my essay:

"So I continued thinking ... it will have to take Divine Intervention. Yes. Hopeless? No. Never. Hard? Yes. What is needed is not corrective information or throwing money at projects. No! What's needed is HEALING! What kind of healing? A healing that works on the consciousness. When we came to these shores, we underwent an initiation. As our people left the proverbial "Door of No Return", the destroyers were actively presiding over the initiation process. After exiting the "Door" (which is symbolic as the portage from our reality and world into another), our people were lined and laid one by one sideways in an infantile position, cramped in humid spaces that reeked of death and destruction. The initiators were pale-skinned, the harbingers and messengers of death, and their vehicle was the waters, Kalunga as the Bakongo call it. Kalunga is the sea that divides the physical living world with that of the ancestors. In the barbaric climate of these destroyers, the land of the ancestors was symbolic to death. Once arrival to land had came about, our people were cleansed (poured with water) and ritually presented to the other pale-skinned messengers. These were the first stages of initiation. They were meant to break down the psyche so the crowning or centering of the new consciousness could take place. "

"After exiting the "Door" (which is symbolic as the portage from our reality and world into another), our people were lined and laid one by one sideways in an infantile position, cramped in humid spaces that reeked of death and destruction."

"For a comparative analysis, we can look into the Haitian Vodou tradition. In this system, especially in northern Haiti and before the asson lineage was begun in the 1900's, the primary form of initiation was sevis tet, Kreyol for "service to the head or head-washing". Sevis tet consisted of several complex ceremonies and rigorous tests. The tests were to facilitate a breaking down of the psyche in the initiate, in order for his/her ruling spirit (lwa) to be properly crowned or seated. They (tests) served as fertilizers to bring about the proper condition for the crowning, in essence, increasing a person's receptivity. One requirement during sevis tet was that each initiate was to lie the entire time of initiation in a position which symbolized the positions our ancestors were forced to lay in when crossing the Atlantic. The area for the sevis tet is called the djevo, the altar room, and the djevo is extremely hot and humid. The initiating priests and priestesses continuously invoke the spirits until they make themselves manifest. Once the spirits arrive, a head feeding, the favorite food of each initiate's ruling spirit, is then placed on each respective initiate' head, corresponding with their particular lwa. The purpose is for the lwa to be drawn to their respective initiate; which once they are, the time comes for intimacy, one on one dialogue, integration of initiate and spirit and the beginning of a symbiotic relationship of service and work. The sevis tet also allows possession by one's own ruling spirit to be obtained more easily."

"I believe that this is similiar to the process that was used to infect Afrikan captives with an alien spirit, an alien consciousness. I will go into more detail of the de-Afrikanization process in part 3 when we will revisit this. Ancestor teacher Amos Wilson in "Afrikan-Centered Consciousness vs. The New World Order" suggests that Afrikan people in Amerika are possessed by demons. I believe it to be both a spiritual and psychological entity. Somehow, I think our people via initiation into the destroyer's whiteness road of death crowned our heads with a negative entity due to the negative conditions of suffering, hatred and violence. I do know that, of course, the psychological end was the true purpose of white man's initiation, any other aberration was an extra. What are you saying? I'm saying, I believe, in the truest sense, our people underwent an initiation into the white man's world and reality; the initiation served to prime the mind right for the introduction of an alien spirit as it destabilized the mind and spirit connection, because of this initiation our people were crowned with negative entities of self-defeat and other ills, and we are still suffering from that original initiation."

"What can be done? Malidoma Some's book "Of Water and the Spirit" provides some insight. Malidoma, at the age of 5, was kidnapped, forced into a white man's initiation camp and consistently inculcated with the white man's education. However, the call of the ancestors, primarily his paternal grandfather, eventually moved him to escape his captivity and begin to seek out his village and his people. Once back in his native village, Malidoma struggled to integrate back into village life, due to long-held captivity, the ways of his people seemed foreign. At the time, the village elders were struggling with issues of their own. One was what to do with Malidoma. They counseled, dialogued, pondered and seeked the spirits' assistance until they finally decided on Baor. Baor is the name of Dagara, Malidoma's people, initiation. They, the elders, saw in Malidoma, a young man of their people, possessed by a foreign and alien spirit, which made him incomplete and restless. In short, Malidoma was not whole or at peace; within existed a world of chaos, turmoil and dispossession of Sie' (double or spirit)*. [In part 3, also, I will provide quotes from Malidoma's book.]

We can see many similarities between Malidoma and Afrikans in Amerika. What was the simple key the elders used in Malidoma's situation? Baor to offset the white man's initiation."

I will continue in part 3.

Brother Phillip, I wrote part 1 and 2 awhile back and due to work, I couldn't get into part 3. So part 3 is still pending. However, I hope you enjoyed these pieces. Any questions, suggestions or comments are appreciated. Feedback is needed."

Also any responses from Destee?

Blackbird

* Sie' is the Dagara word for the ancestral soul, similar to dya (Minianka word) which is the "shadow part" of the soul. Both Dagara and Minianka (Bamana) believe if this soul becomes dislocated that ills we see confronting and infecting the Black community will mainfest. Virtually, nothing short of self-destruction and fraticide will result.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back