Black People : Soldier Girl Story

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chevron Dove, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Soldier mom refuses deployment to care for baby

What a senseless thing to do. I just had to post this:

SAVANNAH, Ga. – An Army cook and single mom may face criminal charges after she skipped her deployment flight to Afghanistan because, she said, no one was available to care for her infant son while she was overseas.
    Spc. Alexis Hutchinson, 21, claims she had no choice but to refuse deployment orders because the only family she had to care for her 10-month-old son — her mother — was overwhelmed by the task, already caring for three other relatives with health problems.

Her civilian attorney, Rai Sue Sussman, said Monday that one of Hutchinson's superiors told her she would have to deploy anyway and place the child in foster care.

…Kevin Larson, a spokesman for Hunter Army Airfield, said he didn't know what Hutchinson was told by her commanders, but he said the Army would not deploy a single parent who had nobody to care for his or her child.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_re_us/us_soldier_mom_deployment

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    That means absolutely nothing and she has no case.

When one signs for the military it is similar to a contract with Lucifer, in intent and text.

When a woman signs to the military she signs her self to the military,
    at the expense of God and her family,
    and that is in writing!!!!!!!

3. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

She has a case. With any single parent especially women they have option of getting out. She went about it wrong but she still has a case. Now as for the rest of your comment, I agree.

4. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

I'm just curious, why was her actions senseless?

5. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I agree. But it hurts so bad. Her baby is so precious. The photo of them both is so heart rendering.

I hope she gets out.

6. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    Actually She does NOT. When a woman joins the military she assigns guardianship of her children born and yet to be born over.

If women insist on joining the military. They must be prepare to suffer all consequences.

Nothng was hidden she knew that before she had a child. I say, make her do her tour over seas or her butt goes to the brig for AWAL. And she still have to put the child in foster care either way. Nothing was forced.

If this behavior is condoned every women trained in military combat can pull this number. Just have a baby, I don't have to fulfill my contract.

7. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    The Army requires all single-parent soldiers to submit a care plan for dependent children before they can deploy to a combat zone.

Hutchinson had such a plan — her mother, Angelique Hughes, had agreed to care for the boy. Hughes said Monday she kept the boy for about two weeks in October before deciding she couldn't keep him for a full year.

Hughes said she's already having to care for her ailing mother and sister, as well as a daughter with special needs. She also runs a daycare center at her home, keeping about 14 children during the day.
    "This is an infant, and they require 24-hour care," Hughes said. "It was very, very stressful, just too much for me to deal with."

Hughes said she returned Kamani to his mother in Georgia a few days before her scheduled deployment Nov. 5.

Hmmmmm, Like I said, She knew that when she got pregnant with the child. If the grandmother can have a day care with 14 other kids , why can't she care for her grand ?? The military pays an alotment for child care givers.

Sowwy, but IMHO, she just don't want to go in combat, period !!

8. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Ma'at Hetep

Is this something new for female military members? I just asked my wife who joined in the 90's if she signed such papers. She stated "That if you (a woman) joined the military and already had children you had to sign that agreement". She also stated that if you(a woman) became pregnant while serving you had to sign the guardianship paper in case of deployment".

I concede to her not having a case. I spoke only from what I saw happen in the military and I must say complained about many of times in my 15 yrs. I watched numerous female sailors get pregnant and not have to deploy. Even after having their child they were discharged. It's been 12 yrs since I got out, I guess things have changed.

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    She aint the first and won't be the last.

IMO, cases like this are just another example of how the military/our government fails those who serve for them in some capacity.

(Please note that until this story hit National Media coverage, the military was gonna prosecute this woman as A.W.O.L./desertion)
    (And this one...)

Now, just a few years ago, I specifically remember a story about a WHITE woman in the Army also in a custody battle and was labeled "AWOL" cuz she was all over the media.....on the TODAY show and GOOD MORNING AMERICA and CNN, etc...

And after the public outcry, THEN the Army gave her an HONORABLE DISCHARGE.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Truth!

ty my sister friend Chevron Dove, this brought out the heavy hitters and generated good dialogue and reduced my learning curve...A plus:)