Black People : Sofia Stewart, Mother of the Matrix

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by phynxofkemet, Jul 5, 2008.

1. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
  2. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
  3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,731
    the matrix rocks....

she is one of my heroes. she used the system to beat the system.

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i concur...i find it quite interesting that from the mind of a black woman comes this story of shattering the system constraints and redefining new parameters...
    the reason that it is interesting is because black women usually do not flow in the direction of science fiction...octavia butler is the only other black woman that comes to mind... there will be no revolution without the black woman...this i know...

one love
    khasm

5. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
    She got no proceeds from the Matrix. Her case was thrown out of court. It was mishandled badly. The charges of RICO were dismissed.

Her book The Third Eye was interesting where she parallels the story (The Third Eye) with the Matrix. Actually it was only the first Matrix movie. A lot of what you see in Reloaded (The second movie in the saga) and Revolutions (The thrid movie in the saga) came from the Wachoiwski's.

The FBI's investigation revealed that The Third Eye ripoff not only included the Matrix Trilogy but also the Terminator trilogy. Remember in the first Terminator movie when Kyle had gone back through time to protect Sarah Conner and he was in a station wagon dreaming about the time he came from when the world was ruled by machines? Well, he was dreaming about the Matrix. He came from the Matrix time period back in time to protect Sarah Conner so that she could produce a son that would lead the rebels against the machines. The way the Wachowski's tell the story is a little perverted. You'll have to get a copy of The Third Eye to read it for yourself to find out how the stories connect.

Also the sequel to The Third Eye is called Souless. I suspect no one is going to make Souless because of the publicitiy of Ms Stewart and the Wachowski's but it is very interesting. Hope you can get a copy of the book to read it for yourself. Her website is no longer available.

6. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Sophia Stewart
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_Stewart
    Sophia Stewart (aka Zenia Kavala) is the author of a work titled The Third Eye. In 2003 she unsuccessfully sued several people and organizations associated with The Matrix and The Terminator claiming they infringed on her work. However, because Stewart failed to appear for a preliminary hearing, her original lawsuit was dismissed in 2005.

In the original copyright registration for The Third Eye and letters from the author, Stewart uses Sofia, and uses both Sophia and Sofia in real life. She says they both mean the same.

7. rasembi aunk

rasembi aunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I wonder why she missed the hearing? Maybe she received some phone calls and visits at her home.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Sophia Stewart Wikipedia