Black People : Social networking and racial unity for Blacks

This topic will be familiar to some. Am posting/quoting parts of a nice article here.
“Social Networking to Achieve Racial Unity” by Dr. B.B. Robinson

"While I’ve supported a far less radical and more free market version of black nation-building than the New Black Panther Party, I realize that, for many reasons, nation formation in the traditional sense is a difficult and unlikely prospect today.
(...)
A social network for black Americans is a real possibility, and it would allow our “nation within a nation” to be connected in ways never before possible. We could all actually be on one page at the same time — and support each other for optimal impact on issues and concerns that face us all.
The question now is: who’s going to create black America’s online meeting room?"

Full article here.

One,

- Ikoro

This is not exactly a new idea. It was attempted with Black Planet, which was not exactly run by a Black-owned company. For those familiar with BP, as was/is the case with AOL Voices, and a few other Black-oriented sites, much of the discussion tends to become very negative and disrespectful, and spamming has always been problemmatic. Which is why I ended up here in the first place.

I care too much about my privacy to use Facebook.

Shikamaru, here's my facebook commercial..

I have 3 facebook accounts.. each one for a different purpose.. the one I connect with online friends (that is people I don't know offline) is only for online activities like commenting on news articles, signing into other sites (like Destee.com) and it's registered with an email account created just for that purpose.. there's no personal information contained in the registration for either of those accounts.. it is possible to maintain your privacy and still use Facebook.

I have a family account that connects me with my family members in several states across the country and also to family members in Cameroon and in Japan.. it's a wonderful way to keep up with each other.. and to communicate.. and when necessary to coordinate activities.. Family Reunions, family visits.. etc.. We have even been able to use it in emergency situations to have a family member go check on another family member.. It's really been useful for me to connect with and advise some of the young men in my family. The facebook connection has been a unique way to interact.. and it also gives you a glimpse into how they interact with their peers.. it lets you see where their heads are.
I also have an account just for Friends.. old neighborhood friends that I went to elementary with.. military friends.. and new people that I meet.. by keeping my accounts separate, I maintain my privacy and still get the benefit of the technology.

Shikamaru, here's my facebook commercial..

I have 3 facebook accounts.. each one for a different purpose.. the one I connect with online friends (that is people I don't know offline) is only for online activities like commenting on news articles, signing into other sites (like Destee.com) and it's registered with an email account created just for that purpose.. there's no personal information contained in the registration for either of those accounts.. it is possible to maintain your privacy and still use Facebook.

I have a family account that connects me with my family members in several states across the country and also to family members in Cameroon and in Japan.. it's a wonderful way to keep up with each other.. and to communicate.. and when necessary to coordinate activities.. Family Reunions, family visits.. etc.. We have even been able to use it in emergency situations to have a family member go check on another family member.. It's really been useful for me to connect with and advise some of the young men in my family. The facebook connection has been a unique way to interact.. and it also gives you a glimpse into how they interact with their peers.. it lets you see where their heads are.
I also have an account just for Friends.. old neighborhood friends that I went to elementary with.. military friends.. and new people that I meet.. by keeping my accounts separate, I maintain my privacy and still get the benefit of the technology.

I do that with e-mail accounts. One for personal. The other is commercial.
This is in preparation for my self-titled "Public/private model".

Working on another program called "ghost".
How to go off grid if and when necessary for any cause or reason.
Depends on how much a person cares about their privacy and how much they desire of it.

I was on Facebook for awhile. People claimed it was impossible to remove yourself. Being a techie, I took that as a personal challenge.

I removed myself just fine. Not even my other techie friends could find me.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back