Food Discussion : Soaking Meat & Vegetables

Dual Karnayn

Nov 5, 2005
What do any of you know about properly soaking meats, beans, and grains?

It is proper to do this so that the poisons are removed from them and many of thier proteins are "pre-digested" as to not cause allergic reactions in the body.

The older generation used to do this all the time.

Destee

destee.com
STAFF
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Dual Karnayn said:

It is proper to do this so that the poisons are removed from them and many of thier proteins are "pre-digested" as to not cause allergic reactions in the body.

Brother Dual ... i don't know about soak'n meats and grains ... but the reason i've soaked beans is to make 'em soft, reducing the cooking time.

:heart:

Destee

ibrahim

Sep 17, 2005
Ghana, West Africa
Occupation
Student
Destee said:
Brother Dual ... i don't know about soak'n meats and grains ... but the reason i've soaked beans is to make 'em soft, reducing the cooking time.

:heart:

Destee

Sister Destee, to my best of knowledge, you don't have to soak beans to make them soft before cooking. I boil them for hours. You lose all nutrients(spelling) when you soak beans. If you want to eat beans for lets say 2pm, start to boil them around 11:30 or 12:00.

ibrahim

Sep 17, 2005
Ghana, West Africa
Occupation
Student
Dual Karnayn said:

Grains such as Mazie or corn are usually soaked for a long period of time. This is done in order to remove the outer skin ( charf) before it is prepared as food.

Not all kinds of meat are soaked. When meat is soaked, it means it's hard, tough or watever. This is done to soften it up before cooking for easier chewing. Cow skin is smoked, dried, cooked( steam) then cut into pieces before finall cooking done. It's a long process for cow skin to me soften up, but very parlatable!
lol...

spicybrown

Oct 21, 2005
ineresting, I always thought soaking ,meat would loosen the texture/muscle of it. Don't do too many beans though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
daroc Black Poetry : soaking in the moment Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
SkinTone Food Discussion : BLACK PEOPLE SHOULDN'T EAT MEAT Food Discussion and Recipes 18
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Eat Less Red Meat, Scientists Said. Now Some Believe That Was Bad Advice Black Health and Wellness 0
R Black Poetry : Mother wants a pound of meat go down the street to buy Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Black As Day The Front Porch : 100% Fresh Meat The Front Porch 6
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Here’s Why You Should Heed the WHO’s Processed Meat Warning Food Discussion and Recipes 0
macoo Black Muslims : Be careful... Good Meat ... The Muslim Way Islam Study Group 31
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Deli Dilemma: Meat and Cheese Linked to Earlier Death Black Health and Wellness 0
Destee Audio Video Web Conferencing : DesteeLive - Is Fat Meat Greasy?! Audio Video Web Conferencing 5
Destee Science and Technology : Cloned People - Cloned Meat - Synthetic DNA - The Answer to Minority World Status? Science and Technology 27
Destee Science and Technology : Cloned Meat - Have You Eaten Any? Science and Technology 6
Indigo Blues Health and Wellness : Meat Glue May Be Holding Your Steak Together! Black Health and Wellness 18
Istari Black People : Growing meat in labs????? Black People Open Forum 3
M Meat Make U Bleed More? Black Health and Wellness 2
Destee Black People : Meat With Your Grits Black People Open Forum 6
Keita Kenyatta Black People : 1/4 DR. LLAILA AFRIKA - HOW TO BE A MEAT EATER Black People Open Forum 0
cherryblossom Black Christians : The Meat of Color Christian Study Group 6
cherryblossom Black Christians : Milk and Meat Christian Study Group 6
R Black People : Hormone Manipulation Through Circumcision and Meat Eating Black People Open Forum 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Cloned meat is safe, government says OldSoul 17
OmowaleX White Meat, Dark Meat-The Str8 Dope Black Health and Wellness 3
S "Meat" eaters Black Health and Wellness 114
$$RICH$$ Quiet Poetry Lounge : I want my Meat ! Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
Q Health and Wellness : Cloned Meat? Black Health and Wellness 5
D less meat for high IQ children Black Parenting 4
Destee Meet Your Meat Black Health and Wellness 10
SpiritualONE Attention MEAT EATERS & Other Health Conscious People Black Health and Wellness 5
S Black Poetry : Meat In Tha Doghouse Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 16
A Coming: Laboratory-Grown Meat... Black Health and Wellness 7
R JESUS ATE MEAT! Black Health and Wellness 33
P Did You Know Vegetarians live longer than Meat-eaters! Black Health and Wellness 31
R Food Discussion : I wanna be free of meat Food Discussion and Recipes 4
D Bread Pasta Recipe : super EZ meat sauce Food Discussion and Recipes 1
A Meat Company Recalls Beef Patties, Steaks Sold Across U.S. Black Health and Wellness 2
B Black Poetry : Knew Meat Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
U Black People : Light Or Dark Meat? Black People Open Forum 12
A Black Poetry : Eat the meat and Suck the bone Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 31
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : This Clever Cooking Trick Will Seriously Upgrade Your Roasted Vegetables Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Liberty Food Discussion : Fruits and Vegetables - Why You Should Make an Extra Effort to Eat More Food Discussion and Recipes 3
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : 30,000 Cases of Vegetables Recalled Over Listeria Concerns Food Discussion and Recipes 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : Use, Regrow, Repeat: 4 Vegetables that Regrow in One Week Food Discussion and Recipes 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Top 5 plant based foods that improve your digestion and 6 Vegetables that will save your life. Black Health and Wellness 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : 7 Fruits and Vegetables that Reverse the Signs of Aging Black Health and Wellness 19
Akilah Food Discussion : Healthy Southern Style Vegetables... Food Discussion and Recipes 8
N Vegetable - Fruit - Recipe : Marinated Vegetables Food Discussion and Recipes 1