Black People : so they want tO postpone the election....

Therious

BANNED
Feb 22, 2004
THIS IS GETTING TO THE POINT OF COMEDY, THOUGH ITS NO LAUGHING MATTER. ITS LIKE THEY DONT EVEN TRY TO HIDE THeir CURRUPTION ANY MORE. THE SICKEST THING I SAW WAS CONNED-DUM-LEEZA RICE ON T.V. DEFENDING THIS BLATANT MOVE OF PRPOSED DICTATORSHIP(YES THATS WHAT OUR YOUNG BLK FEMALES SHOULD STRIVE FOR,ASSISTING THE EUROPEANS IN GLOBAL IMPERIALISM).

ON THE DAILY SHOW ON COMEDY CENTRAL THERE WAS A SKETCH SPOOFING THIS,THE PUNChLINE WAS THERE WILL BE NO ELECTION UNTIL 2012. FOR SOME REASON THAT DOESNT SEEM THAT UNLIKELY.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS ADMINISTraTION HAS SO MUCH "INTELEGENCE ON THESE" SUPPOSED FORTH COMING ATTACKS BY THE CIA.... I MEAN TERRORIST FACTIONS....WHAT A BUNCH OF CLOWNS

Okay,

What is the plan of action?

We moved mountains as a people during the civil rights era basically because we did not count our lives and property as something we had to lose. We know that those of us who have the means and wherewithal (money and media access) to make a great impact will not risk what they have. Like my cousin Ebony said they's rather live on their knees than die standing. How can we mobilize those who have nothing to lose--those who by7 virtue of their sheher numbers can form the same kind of grass roots voice we had in the sixties and seventies? They may be disillusioned and lost but I don't think they are immune to the basic human need to be part of something that means something. Let this be their movement--their pomoja. They only piss on things that don't beling to them--things that belong to the currupt system that tries vainly to control them. Does anyone else agree that it is time to tap into the energy created by all that anger and devil may care if I live or die attitude? We have this oppotunity to give them hope. Where do we start? How do we take our wisdom off this board and into the streets?

river said:
Okay,

What is the plan of action?

We moved mountains as a people during the civil rights era basically because we did not count our lives and property as something we had to lose. We know that those of us who have the means and wherewithal (money and media access) to make a great impact will not risk what they have. Like my cousin Ebony said they's rather live on their knees than die standing. How can we mobilize those who have nothing to lose--those who by7 virtue of their sheher numbers can form the same kind of grass roots voice we had in the sixties and seventies? They may be disillusioned and lost but I don't think they are immune to the basic human need to be part of something that means something. Let this be their movement--their pomoja. They only piss on things that don't beling to them--things that belong to the currupt system that tries vainly to control them. Does anyone else agree that it is time to tap into the energy created by all that anger and devil may care if I live or die attitude? We have this oppotunity to give them hope. Where do we start? How do we take our wisdom off this board and into the streets?

My sister, the question you have raised is THE question of the century for African Americans. How do we take the wisdom off this board and take it to the streets? :teach:

The answer is quite simple but the effort required takes courage and perseverence...just get up, go out, and start talking to people. It will either catch fire and people will join together or fizzle out and it will be business as usual.

For all the criticism that Cosby has received recently, I have to give the brother credit for one thing--he's taking his message to the streets. Now the fact that he gets paid when he does, is an issue for another thread, but still, he's speaking out about some issues that he believes need to be dealt with.

We live in desperate times and the status quo is struggling to maintain it's power and control of information and the American people. During desperate times we're going to see more and more desperate measures taken by this administration. We shouldn't be surprised by anything we see or hear these days.

The problem (or blessing) that Americans have had is that we've managed to be insulated in a protective bubble and haven't had to dodge bullets, mortal shells and rocket launchers every day like many people around the world, except when playing wartime video games.

Playing a game of wait and see is for fools. Do you know anyone in your neighborhood, on your job, in school, in church, etc. that feel the same way you do? Have you talked?

Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back