Black People : so they want tO postpone the election....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Therious, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    THIS IS GETTING TO THE POINT OF COMEDY, THOUGH ITS NO LAUGHING MATTER. ITS LIKE THEY DONT EVEN TRY TO HIDE THeir CURRUPTION ANY MORE. THE SICKEST THING I SAW WAS CONNED-DUM-LEEZA RICE ON T.V. DEFENDING THIS BLATANT MOVE OF PRPOSED DICTATORSHIP(YES THATS WHAT OUR YOUNG BLK FEMALES SHOULD STRIVE FOR,ASSISTING THE EUROPEANS IN GLOBAL IMPERIALISM).

ON THE DAILY SHOW ON COMEDY CENTRAL THERE WAS A SKETCH SPOOFING THIS,THE PUNChLINE WAS THERE WILL BE NO ELECTION UNTIL 2012. FOR SOME REASON THAT DOESNT SEEM THAT UNLIKELY.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS ADMINISTraTION HAS SO MUCH "INTELEGENCE ON THESE" SUPPOSED FORTH COMING ATTACKS BY THE CIA.... I MEAN TERRORIST FACTIONS....WHAT A BUNCH OF CLOWNS

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    "in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king"

they assume that most people are so totally brainwashed that they don't have to be sneaky any more.

it's up to us to prove them wrong!

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Okay,

What is the plan of action?

We moved mountains as a people during the civil rights era basically because we did not count our lives and property as something we had to lose. We know that those of us who have the means and wherewithal (money and media access) to make a great impact will not risk what they have. Like my cousin Ebony said they's rather live on their knees than die standing. How can we mobilize those who have nothing to lose--those who by7 virtue of their sheher numbers can form the same kind of grass roots voice we had in the sixties and seventies? They may be disillusioned and lost but I don't think they are immune to the basic human need to be part of something that means something. Let this be their movement--their pomoja. They only piss on things that don't beling to them--things that belong to the currupt system that tries vainly to control them. Does anyone else agree that it is time to tap into the energy created by all that anger and devil may care if I live or die attitude? We have this oppotunity to give them hope. Where do we start? How do we take our wisdom off this board and into the streets?

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    That's a new one I've not heard and it has me rolling. Our sister needs some serious help. :lol:

Queenie :spinstar:

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    My sister, the question you have raised is THE question of the century for African Americans. How do we take the wisdom off this board and take it to the streets? :teach:

The answer is quite simple but the effort required takes courage and perseverence...just get up, go out, and start talking to people. It will either catch fire and people will join together or fizzle out and it will be business as usual.

For all the criticism that Cosby has received recently, I have to give the brother credit for one thing--he's taking his message to the streets. Now the fact that he gets paid when he does, is an issue for another thread, but still, he's speaking out about some issues that he believes need to be dealt with.

We live in desperate times and the status quo is struggling to maintain it's power and control of information and the American people. During desperate times we're going to see more and more desperate measures taken by this administration. We shouldn't be surprised by anything we see or hear these days.

The problem (or blessing) that Americans have had is that we've managed to be insulated in a protective bubble and haven't had to dodge bullets, mortal shells and rocket launchers every day like many people around the world, except when playing wartime video games.

Playing a game of wait and see is for fools. Do you know anyone in your neighborhood, on your job, in school, in church, etc. that feel the same way you do? Have you talked?

Queenie :spinstar:

6. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    There is public access televison. Like channel 9 . Check the local AM stations in your area. ( look up www.kgo.com ) they broadcast all over the United States and across the world on the internet ) I often go on talk shows there, on the AM station and voice my views on subjects. They often allow free for all or open subject sessions. Mostly they want you to stay on subject. Just never give up trying.

Loving the fire :flame: I see in your message. When you feel it rising, get behind it, and control it, because it can burn the creator and the perpetrator its intended for :shades:

7. deepy

deepy going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +43
    on many levels i agree with Hodee & Nqueen sister River...
    you must do...you must not give up trying...
    my little group started as a bookclub, reading non=fiction(and some fiction ) through discussion and questions we have started petitions, sent letters...involved ourselves in different organizations..
    Alas, i wish one way existed where, we as a people, all came together as one chain...but remember Frederick Douglas and Booker T Washington had different ideas about how...still they were both focused on the same prize.
    I find it difficult in the church setting, but I am constantly bombarding my fellow saints(which is what we call each other) with awareness beyond the bible...and/or how the bible stories are happening today...anything to make others think and hopefully do...
    you just have to take the step beyond head into body...step on out

8. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    light will blind you or make you see...I have no further words on this country, these ********, their politics or their history and religion. Time for me to move on what I already know and see. Some of you know too, so don't let your faith or your hope immobilize you until it's too late. If you're lucky, you may have five years left to have it together....but at the rate things are moving, I can't even see five.

9. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    I am not trying to sound negative here, so I apologize in advance. But I don't have full confidence in people (and that includes those of all races) to not be apathetic and actually do something. These are the most desperate times I can recall in my lifetime. But they come at a time when no one seems to care about anything, and there are no leaders anymore. Back in the day there was MLK and Malcolm X. We don't have anyone like that now. As a result, I don't know what to do about the current situation. It is frightening.