Black Entertainment : SO THEY THINK THEY INVENTED RAP!

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Therious, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    MY RELATIVE WAS AT A PARTY THE OTHER DAY. SOME WANNABE WHITE BOY WITH DREADS , DRUNK OFF HIS *** STARTS TALKING ABOUT THE FIRST RAPPER WAS A YT GIRL NAMED BLONDIE. FIRST OF ALL THE GROUP WAS CALLED BLONDIE THE WHITE CHIC THAT RAPPED(ON AFEW SONGS WHEN RAP START GETTING POPULAR) WAS A MEMBER OF THE GROUP.

MY BROTHER SET THE FOOL STR8 THEN CUT THE CONVO SHORT SIGHTING ONE MOORE WORD AND YT BOY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN A POOL OF BLOOD.

IM NOT SUPPRISED! YTS HAVE DONE THIS FROM ANCIENT TO THE PRESENT. THEY LEARN OTHERS CREATIVITY THEN TRY TO SAY THEY CREATED IT. WHATS SAD IS I ONCE HEARD A TEENAGE BLACK KID SAY THE SAME. TEACH YOUR YOUNGSTERS THE ORIGINS OF HIP HOP, THIS NON SENSE WILL ONLY GET BIGGER. ESPECIALLY WITH MTV, VIACOM, AND BLACK ZOMBIES IN CONTROLL.

I GURANTEE IN 100 YEARS WHEN WERE ALL GONE RAP WILL BE A "YT THING" CREATED BY WHITES. THE DEVILS AT IT AGAIN

ONE

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Think science.

Do you think music would be very valuable in 100 years? Besides the fact, Asians are doing what we should have been doing a while back........making whites look like minorities. Or do you think they will suffer the same effects we suffer, simply because they followed blind leaders (Half-dollar, T.I.?)

CD

3. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    White people think they invented everything. Actually, they know they didn't. They steal more than they invent. From music to science, white folks just piggyback on others.

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    THANKS 4 THE LINK U ARE RIGHT WHITES PIGGY BACK EVERYTHING.

YES I DO THINK GOOD ART WILL BE VALUBALE IN THE FUTURE. JUST LIKE THE PYRAMIDS, ANCIENT CARVINGS ECT. THE THINGS WHITES TRY AND TAKE CREDIT 4 TO DAY. RAP IS NOT JUST MUSIC BUT AN INVENTION.

PEACE

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Most of today's modern music was created by black people. Jazz was created by black people. We played it in night clubs in Harlem, Detriot, Chicago, and New Orleans. It was classified as "Devil Music" by white spiritual & social leaders. Now Jazz is so accepted that major Universities hold Jazz classes, and have their own Jazz band. It is hard to find a Jazz band in today's time that has even one black person as a member. Blues followed this same pattern, as did Rock & Roll. Disco was also a black inspired music form, and Hip Hop was the response of black youth to white people taking over & converting Disco to their style. We have always been innovators in the music industry (other industries as well). However we are too quick to allow other to infilitrate our customs (in this case music), and we are too eager to abandon it once this happens.

The 1st time a "down" white boy wanted to hang out with the brothers and play his trumpet...there went Jazz. The 1st time a "down" white boy wanted to hang out with the brothers and play his guitar...there went Rock & Roll. The 1st time a "down" white boy wanted to hang out with the brothers and spits some verses...there went Hip Hop. How much does anyone want to bet that when we invent a new music form, it will only be a matter of time before some white boy wants to do that to? When that does happen, watch a bunch of black folks think he is "down"! We never learn our lessons.

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    true bra, pan & isaiah. like i said the wackest part is that i heard this non sense repeated by a young brother, who was an aspiring emcee at that.
    sugar hill gang ect, we know who the originators are , yeah i might have to cop that last poets cd.

Isaiah i remember you posted a thread in this forum on gil scott heron. that post promted me to obtain his claim to fame poem-good stuff right there!

one

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

9. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    He had dreads? and he think he knows rap, hell he might have a black girlfriend too!
    Boy they cannot let us have anything!:shutup:

10. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    amen.. they see Blondie as the 1st because it was the 1st rap video to hit m.t.v.
    We all know the origins.. or first forms of Hip Hop lies with in George Clinton and his P Funk!

The manifestation of what sounds liek what we hear today emerged in Cool Herc, or wes bronx then to grandmasterflash who innovated it further.