Black People : So Now Black People Are Down With Historical Lies About Our Reality, Huh?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I am no longer upset with our people as I once was. I have come to understand hypocrisy on a very deep level. There was a side of me that sincerely thought that our people in this country would be the "one people" who would keep things real...considering all that we have been through and the struggle that we've gone through to re-learn ourselves. I even got over the religion thing because I understood the power of belief in the face of not knowing. Like my ex wife. I never got over the idea of someone pissing in my face and then telling me that it's rain.

This Rosa Parks thing has kind of pissed me off a little. It's common knowledge that she was not the first to deny a seat to YT people. There were two before her...so why are we allowing the lie about her to flourish. Is it because she had a job and the other didn't? Is it because she was light skinned and the others were not. Is it because she was a member of the NAACP and the other were not? Is it because she had a queeky clean record and the others didn't?

A lie is a lie...point blank!!! So in others words, we are now at a point where we are willing to support, promote and allow this lie to be taught to our children because "somewhere in our warped mentality" the other sisters were not WORTHY???? Is this what we are saying? I'm not asking, I'm saying that this is exactly what we're saying! The lie is so great that Rosa is now in the white house and got a military burial...did I get that right?? Are we HYPOCRITES on the highest order or what!?? Is this what we have come down to??? Have we really reached the point where we can't even tell the truth about our own selves to our own people??

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    :qqb009: we reached that point some time ago….

3. Da Flash

Da Flash going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    professional internet surfer
    Ratings:
    +405

I believe that all of these things contribute to Rosa Parks getting the recognition instead of the true firsts. We as a people have adopted the european value of knowing the truth but, believing what is popular or hip, without thinking of the repricussions!! Think of all the lies that are now truths, colombus discovered america, lincoln was a great emancipater, etc.

As you stated, the really sad thing is that we're starting to think just like them!!!

4. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Part of the attention on Rosa Parks was the national rally that followed. It's much the same as how Trayvon Martin had a movement, but the boy down the street didn't. It's not so much that Trayvon is more important to us; but it's easier to address an issue when a wronged positive image is involved than when a wronged negative image.

Much like the young girl Hadiya Pendleton wasn't the first gun victim in Chicago. Or when people complain of drone attacks they bring up the innocent civilians killed, not the belligerent targets. Or the President addressed Racial Profiling on Henry Louis Gates Jr. though all of us are profiled.

Obviously, being young and pregnant shouldn't deny a defense; but if you're going to make legal arguments, the image of your client needs to be airtight and the client needs to be capable of holding her own, especially if you want public sentiment (from your enemy.)

White Lawyers don't just sit down in court rooms. You really gotta bring it or things start to cost even your client. 'Cause White folk can try to buy a young single mother and cause a whole heap of problems on Black folk.

5. Lokman

Lokman Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +128
    Dear Reader,

Kemet WAS NOT the first or last empire (or people) to be respected, befriended and betrayed... Columbus DID NOT discover America.... Alexander Graham Bell WAS NOT the first to invent the telephone... Bill Gates DID NOT invent “DOS”... Cholesterol DOES NOT cause heart attacks... etc. etc. etc.

My point?... Surely there has most likely never been a people or person—past or present... who have or has not lied—been lied to—or accepted a lie.

On the contrary, what Keita has pointed out, and Lokman seeks to point out here for all intent and purposes, is called: The History of The World.

And no people are, or person is—immuneabsolutely no one.

Every Blessing 2U,

Lokman

6. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928

Herofication...

Also, we have to put Dr Vernon John in that same boat. MKL just picked up what this brutha started.

http://www.oberlin.edu/external/EOG/BlackHistoryMonth/Vernon Johns/JohnsBioSketch.html

Where is his recognition?

Peace!

7. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    We are talking about our own race, no the white race. Also you have to look at why are we doing this, using history as an excuse is no excuse.

Peace!

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,734
    that started in 1980 with the election of reagan and the polarization of america.
    we were told that 'black capitalism' would get us equal to the white people's wealth.
    we became individualists and tried to be just like the white folk. some of us still do that today.
    i tried it and found that it didn't really work for black people. we need a more collective approach.

nowadays, if you follow the news, it seems as if capitalism isn't working for white people either.

9. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    CTJ:

We need not deny Rosa, Evers, King, Jr., etc. props, because they have come to be role models and symbols to people other than just to ourselves...

I. e., the flip side is people like King Jr. weren't all that well liked by the black status quo of his era, only came to get props after his stands came to get him props from our people, and I dare not exibit disrespect towards their judgement calls, or they won't take me seriously...

Do keep that in mind as well...

FYI...

10. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528