Black Spirituality Religion : So many religions in the world...then why...

Why are there so many "bad" things happening that are destroying people and our planet?

I don't know how to have this conversation, but this thought keeps coming to me. With so many religions in the world, and billions of people engaged in their practices, why is there so much suffering? I've read that the main thing that most religions have in common is a set of ethical beliefs; not that they share the same ethics, but they all have some set of ethics that are mandated by supernatural forces.

Is there a sense of community common among people who practice religions, particularly Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam? And can these ethics or sense of community be defined, basically, as "good"? Where is the kindness, the love, the generosity, the caring and compassion? I'm not religious but I find those things important, but others may not. Do all religions preach love, kindness and service to our community? Are they elements that we are expected to spread broadly beyond the borders of our individual communities or keep it confined to only those within our communities/

I'm being naive, I'm sure, but I believed that if there should be a strong sense of community that permeates throughout the world, guided by the basic principles of what religions, I thought, have in common. With so many people believing and practicing these religions, why isn't the world filled with people who are kinder and gentler toward each other? Churches, synagogues, and temples are filled to capacity, if not beyond, on the "holy" days and so much money passes through the hands of the believers to their religious leaders...then why does poverty still exist? Why do murders still happen? Why are the 99% still struggling, fighting and dying just to live a decent life--breathe fresh air, drink unpolluted water, eat healthy foods--you know, all the basics that we need to live. Why is there so much anger and hatred among us? Is it true that it's in our DNA to destroy ourselves?

With so many religions in the world today, who is really benefiting from them? Why so much posturing and ritual practicing? Why isn't love and voluntary service to others out of the "goodness" of core being, the overwhelming evidence that we witness and thankfully receive?

Why are so many people drawn to religion?
Has anyone else had plans to reply to a post, but then went and had lunch and couldn't find their way back to the exact post for a comment?

"Why are so many people drawn to religion?" Great question. I think in this case it has something to do with this: Man is spirit. The body is the physical temple in which he dwells. The elements of the body are still eternal in the dust of death, to be called forth in the resurrection, inseparably connected. The spirit is divine, a personality which is subject to judgement by a perfect God of knowing Truth and Love. That is His faultless strength forever.

Because free agency is the principle of human existence we are schooled in a world of choices. Freedom requires choices. How could there be a choice if there was no evil. So now there are degrees of good and degrees of evil in a range of choices. Bring to that reward or consequences because of our choice. Some people learn and some people never do because they refuse to stay committed to continue searching.

There are so many people drawn to religion because they are listening to the the Holy Spirit of God calling to come see, but they still have to explore and look for the Truth in what they see and what they've been told. Like was said there are about 1000 different religions. But what is written in the Bible states, there is only "one Faith, one Lord and one baptism." The Bible is the map to find it. Don't stop until you can say, I know what everything in here is all about. The Power is in prayer, continued study and doing what the Lord is teaching. Then the Holy Spirt will enlighten your mind for knowledge and testify of the Truth to you.

No one needs to attend church to learn about God, it's all in the same Bible the preacher reads from once a week. This being said religion aside many men of the cloth know humans are a a social species and as such provide a gathering place a/k/a houses of worship and charge money via intimidation by the highly visible to all those in the pews collection plate rituals. The A listers buy their spaces in the front pews so they need not look back at the less Godly ones as everyone behind them looks at the backs of their heads in jealousy, the A listers relish in glee possessing that knowledge. I never attended a house of worship where you couldn't hear the preacher any better in the front pew as opposed to the last pew. Even the house of God has a pecking order.
So there are about at least 940 other Christian churches to test for spirituality :icon7:.

See if you really had the Truth the Holy Spirit would tell you as a witness and then you'd know it. I know it. :heart:
Peace,

Sounds like belief to me rather than knowledge. If a voice in your head which you call the "Holy Spirit" is the method by which you verify you have truth, then literally anyone could claim the same thing. This is far from knowledge.

Peace

Peace,

Sounds like belief to me rather than knowledge. If a voice in your head which you call the "Holy Spirit" is the method by which you verify you have truth, then literally anyone could claim the same thing. This is far from knowledge.

Peace
It's not a voice. It is pure knowledge in mind and heart that is expanded, permeated recognition of Truth.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back